Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > General Skotos > Articles > Former Columnists > MetaStatic

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 01-11-2001, 09:03 AM
Artificer, H. Station

Testing - seems like there's some messages messing from this thread.
Old 01-11-2001, 09:07 AM
Senior Dismember

Quote:
Originally posted by SamW:
Testing - seems like there's some messages messing from this thread.
There are. I've reported it. At the same time your messages disappeared, my user name and password quick working.
Old 01-12-2001, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffC:
There are. I've reported it. At the same time your messages disappeared, my user name and password quick working.
We had some problems where a particular file system was getting full at random times, causing UBB to have weird errors. I think we have addressed this problem now, but let us know if it re-occurs.

-- Christopher Allen
Old 05-03-2001, 06:24 AM
Artificer, H. Station

To my loving followers:

Since my article a week or two back, I've received a few emails about what sort of jobs are available on Horizon Station.

I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN ABOUT YOU.

Stay tuned for more info in about a week. Honest!

Sam
Old 07-04-2001, 11:13 PM

MY widget!

Maybe I'm waxing optimistic here, but I think that Horizon Station has more interesting possibilities for player-generated content than the standard "my guild hates your guild" conflict seen in a lot of online RPGs, and I don't think we'll have to resort to "Okay, red army, you need 100 hydrospanners, blue army, you need 100 as well, and there aren't enough for all of you, readysetgo!"

Sure, scavenger hunts and clan wars can certainly take place. But I think it's more interesting to consider what will happen when some mechanics from Hab 42 walk over to Hab 10, pull vital parts from the standby generator, and use them to fix a machine shop back in 42.

For one thing, most RPGs have no shortage of rules-makers. "Okay, number one, don't take parts from a facility servicing someone else's living quarters. Number two, don't bring alien items into common areas unless that's what the area is for. Number three..." and so on. And, of course, some people will respond with "It's not like my house and your house, it's all one station, and we'll take the parts we need to fix what we want." Naturally, the few guys who know how to make these parts will be laughing all the way to the bank, and the adventurous types who can find them and bring them back will find their accounts bulging as well.

Everyone seems to be happy about this except the dwellers in Hab 10. Will they post a guard? Elect a marshall? Send some techies to de-install the parts and bring them back?

But wait! If they get their parts back, that would mean that the machine shop in Hab 42 will have to be shut down! Still another group of Horizonites depends on that shop to make their weapons and tools!

On the other hand, if it *does* get shut down, those who do maintenance work on existing gear will be able to charge more... and so it goes.

I don't know much about the game, so I doubt that this exact scenario will take place. Still, I think things like this could be an excellent driving force for conflict and story.

R.D. Hight
Old 03-24-2003, 01:35 AM

1.5 year passed, any news?

I followed this column with high interest, but now its been silent for so long. Care to give us fans a small update on what's happening on Horizon Station ?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: