Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > The Eternal City > The Eternal City Mechanics

Old 05-08-2012, 06:49 PM

It used to be possible to break in rooms. My locksmith hit 3 inns before it was nerfed due to the age old bugaboo...cheating scripting etc.
In fact the allure of burglary was the main reason I created my oldest character.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Straight :G

Send a message via AIM to Elsana Send a message via MSN to Elsana
Quote:
Originally Posted by extraha View Post
Which of course, makes ANY locksmith now a "known" burglar. Similar to thieves palming. "Oh, soandso is a thief guize! Eye witnessed eet meyeseelf!"

The same deal would happen to locksmiths. "Oh i saw so and so with a silver lockpick guize! Hes a burglar!"
That's exactly like saying "Oh I saw so-and-so with a knife and a faceplate guize! He's a bandit!"

Until the locksmith is actually found guilty, it doesn't matter what so-and-so thinks or says.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:05 PM

Yeah, every faceplated whipper who attacks on the road is Koppe. This is fact. *rolls*
Old 05-08-2012, 09:14 PM

Um, did you even read my post, extrahaha? I said I'd have my fella case the inn out and watch the locksmith go in and out. If my fella caught him in the act, by HIDING, while the locksmith/burglar was doing his business, he'd OBVIOUSLY be a burgler and we'd roll him. Do you not get it?

-Lime

I'm pulling my card and won't be playing for a while.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime View Post
Um, did you even read my post, extrahaha? I said I'd have my fella case the inn out and watch the locksmith go in and out. If my fella caught him in the act, by HIDING, while the locksmith/burglar was doing his business, he'd OBVIOUSLY be a burgler and we'd roll him. Do you not get it?

-Lime
I didnt even care about your post. Especially because i wasnt responding to it in anyway (Notice the lack of me quoting you?) Sorry you misunderstood that.

Quote:
That's exactly like saying "Oh I saw so-and-so with a knife and a faceplate guize! He's a bandit!"

Until the locksmith is actually found guilty, it doesn't matter what so-and-so thinks or says.
Funny that the majority of people ive seen wearing faceplates and hoods DO turn out to be bandits...Ive seen only 2 people wearing faceplates that im rather positive ARNT bandits (and im only 50% sure, because one is a constable, the other, i have noo clue)

Check the various threads about thieves, and how locksmithing is used as a thin cover to hide pickpocketing skill sets.

Also, this is OOC knowledge im talking about :P

*Edited for Mature Audiences*
[Disclaimer]: Any "trolling", malicious comments, unwarranted rudeness, childish, immature comments, purposeful attempts to derail the subject at hand, or anything else I deem offensive or detracting in any forum except eternal noise will be reported as such immediately.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:

-Lime
Oh and i just realized something, do you mean ME, extraha, or the dude running around as extrahaha? Theres a difference :P

[Disclaimer]: Any "trolling", malicious comments, unwarranted rudeness, childish, immature comments, purposeful attempts to derail the subject at hand, or anything else I deem offensive or detracting in any forum except eternal noise will be reported as such immediately.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:53 AM

too lazy to quote

A large number of people who own and use faceplates are not bandits. And if they are bandits, ok. Having a faceplate doesn't automatically make them one, them being a bandit makes them one.

Just like owning a lockpick wouldn't make a character a thief, but there is always the potential they will use the skill for burglary. If you want to assume that every locksmith is a burglar, that's totally on you.

I get what you're saying about seeing someone palming. The difference between seeing someone palming and seeing someone with a lockpick (or a faceplate) is that palming is only used by pickpockets. Lockpicks are held by people whose skill is not purely for thievery. Associating a person palming with being a thief is just one of those unfortunate circumstances where OoC knowledge of skill sets/sub-skills give you information IG... but really, if you see a person palming, they should have found a better place to practice.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:49 PM

True, not all people who wear faceplates are bandits. But also, all who wear faceplates in the city limits are law breakers.

Im saying that if stealing from inn rooms was implemented, locksmiths would no longer be considered harmless. Theyd be considered thieves.

Its just like a PP skillset person hanging out in gnaarians place. You walk in and go wow, this guy is a thief. The same would come of locksmiths.

Wow, this person is hanging out in Apulas, shes a thief.

As it is, sure, locksmiths can be innocent.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
True, not all people who wear faceplates are bandits. But also, all who wear faceplates in the city limits are law breakers.

Im saying that if stealing from inn rooms was implemented, locksmiths would no longer be considered harmless. Theyd be considered thieves.

Its just like a PP skillset person hanging out in gnaarians place. You walk in and go wow, this guy is a thief. The same would come of locksmiths.

Wow, this person is hanging out in Apulas, shes a thief.

As it is, sure, locksmiths can be innocent.
I'd just be slightly more cautious. I am, however, already slightly cautious of anyone I don't know IG. I thought that was the norm.

I repeat... Why does it matter what someone thinks? It's not going to affect my character at all for someone to think without reason that my locksmith is a burglar.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:13 PM

It's just like I walk into certain places and think "Wow, that character looks like a fairy". "Wow, that character is a prostitute". "Wow, that character is bisexual". "Wow, that character is a pervert".

I'm pulling my card and won't be playing for a while.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
It's just like I walk into certain places and think "Wow, that character looks like a fairy". "Wow, that character is a prostitute". "Wow, that character is bisexual". "Wow, that character is a pervert".
The Culexus hate thread is in the other forum man. Geez.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:41 PM

Heres some more proof that burglary will never work.

http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=91493

Old 05-10-2012, 05:05 PM
downbeats at 2-4kicksnare

Send a message via AIM to Armataan Send a message via MSN to Armataan Send a message via Yahoo to Armataan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweninger View Post
The Culexus hate thread is in the other forum man. Geez.
Haha. Thanks for the laugh Ty.

+1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinianQuartz View Post
HAIL CULEXUS
Old 05-11-2012, 02:26 PM

Heres more proof about peeps opinions on burglary!

Current vote is 26-7, ill let you figure out what the numbers fall under.

http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=15445

Old 05-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Darth Platipus

Send a message via ICQ to Rupert Send a message via AIM to Rupert
Quote:
Heres more proof about peeps opinions on burglary!

Current vote is 26-7, ill let you figure out what the numbers fall under.

http://forum.skotos.net/showthread.php?t=15445
Think it's probably important to note the majority of that pole was likely taken in 2002. The playerbase was about.. 8 times the size, then.

You mean it's true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phwoar View Post
Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elowynn View Post
Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: