Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > Castle Marrach > Castle Marrach Discussion

View Poll Results: Is there too much or too little IC courtesy in Castle Marrach?
Too much courtesy 1 3.13%
Not enough courtesy 3 9.38%
Just the right amount of courtesy 11 34.38%
Too much in the OB 16 50.00%
Too much in the IB 2 6.25%
Too much in the UB 3 9.38%
Not enough in the OB 2 6.25%
Not enough in the IB 13 40.63%
Not enough in the UB 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Asshat

Courtesy Poll

Because I like numbers.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Posh

Send a message via Skype™ to Sinvy
I actually found the UB portion of this poll interesting.

I kind of think it's not a matter of Courtesy in the UB so much as polite self-preservation.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Chronicler of the Court

Send a message via Skype™ to Euphelia
I wanted to vote 'perfect in the IB' but it wasn't an option -_-; I think the IB courtesy level is great (and terrifying but in a good way).
Old 04-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Crazy like a fox

I would like to mention that I voted to much in the outer, but not because I want people to be more rude and less courteous, but because I just find driving it down everyone's throat to be a bit much.

It has gotten better recently, but I've seen a number of times when a discourteous act is blown way out of proportion. There is a difference between drama and high school drama. I'm not a big fan of high school drama.

Remember everyone, if you want to understand Drama pay attention to TNT because "They know drama", don't try to reenact high school.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Shexi Undah Girlie

Send a message via Skype™ to Qdee
When I consider "too much in the Outer", it is far from that I disapprove of the seeming Winter Court oppression - on the contrary.

More so that I have an idea that the Outer Bailey should be a more rowdy place. Go into the Dining Hall and it's an immediate tavern feel you get.

IMHO.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Fallen Knight

Send a message via MSN to Lucus Send a message via Skype™ to Lucus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinvy View Post
I actually found the UB portion of this poll interesting.
I was going to point something out in the other thread but I ducked for cover as soon as the stones started getting slung faster than I could read the new posts.

Ironically, Lucus, in the UB, has more people bow to him, refer to him by title, and ask him for permission to leave or approach than most Knights or even Nobles or Ministers do today in the IB.

For whatever that's worth.

"So far as he is able, a prince should stick to the path of good but, if the necessity arises, he should know how to follow evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli

"Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries - but for severe ones they cannot."
- Niccolo Machiavelli

"The weak tend to cling to words as their only defense, while those of us with strength end up dieing trying to protect them - being weak is a sin."
- Prince Isley
Old 04-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Fallen Knight

Send a message via MSN to Lucus Send a message via Skype™ to Lucus
Also, the options for this poll make it a bit difficult to express the whole view.

If the options were there, I would have said:

UB: Fine
OB: Fine
IB: Not enough.

Only one of those 3 options were available, so I ticked that one.

"So far as he is able, a prince should stick to the path of good but, if the necessity arises, he should know how to follow evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli

"Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries - but for severe ones they cannot."
- Niccolo Machiavelli

"The weak tend to cling to words as their only defense, while those of us with strength end up dieing trying to protect them - being weak is a sin."
- Prince Isley
Old 04-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Asshat

It's multiple choice, so you can (more or less) answer "fine, except for".

There's only 10 options possible.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Gileridwaith, doreingil

I don't think there's any problem with the amount of courtesy. However, there should not be so much courtesy that it holds people back from RP. *shrug* I think it's the extremes of the courtesy that need to back off to allow some fun for players and characters.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Prue's Handler

Send a message via Skype™ to Storyplayer
I think this poll is awesome.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Inner Bailey redneck

Send a message via MSN to Keyana Send a message via Yahoo to Keyana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdee View Post

More so that I have an idea that the Outer Bailey should be a more rowdy place. Go into the Dining Hall and it's an immediate tavern feel you get.
I agree with this though I am not certain it's the angle you were going for. I can see it were gentle-folk are doing everything they can to get noticed to get out of this place. Key wasn't there but she has heard about Victor's escapades the other day. I think that is how the Outer should be. I do not think it should be flat out dangerous but just... vial for a lack of a better word.
She likes sports, beer, cars, swearing, fighting and sex. She is crude, rude, often hygienically challenged and cheerfully ignorant and aggressive. In short, she is a young woman with the personality of a frat boy. She is the Ladette. (tvtroupes website)

Old 04-28-2012, 09:46 AM
Shexi Undah Girlie

Send a message via Skype™ to Qdee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyana View Post
I agree with this though I am not certain it's the angle you were going for. I can see it were gentle-folk are doing everything they can to get noticed to get out of this place. Key wasn't there but she has heard about Victor's escapades the other day. I think that is how the Outer should be. I do not think it should be flat out dangerous but just... vial for a lack of a better word.
Oh no, not necessarily dangerous or even "dodgy". Take your typical tavern feel in the Dining Hall where people don't necessarily care much about appearances (as they would in the IB), but allow for daily music, dancing on the tables etc.

As an example, I've a few times been to this medieval themed "tavern" in Czech Republic - it was literally a restaurant, just medieval themed with musicians, belly-dancers, sparring and other entertainers. It had a rustic feel. You didn't find fancy clothes, nor all that much Courtesy - there would be the occasional character greeting the "oh so fair maiden" in a noble manner. But generally rustic and a "good time".

I would personally love to see this atmosphere in the Dining Hall and an over all more rustic feel in the Outer Bailey.

That said, it's entirely made up by the players. But that's how I sit back and imagine the Outer Bailey.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Delightfully Posh

Send a message via Skype™ to Dolph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdee View Post
Oh no, not necessarily dangerous or even "dodgy". Take your typical tavern feel in the Dining Hall where people don't necessarily care much about appearances (as they would in the IB), but allow for daily music, dancing on the tables etc.

As an example, I've a few times been to this medieval themed "tavern" in Czech Republic - it was literally a restaurant, just medieval themed with musicians, belly-dancers, sparring and other entertainers. It had a rustic feel. You didn't find fancy clothes, nor all that much Courtesy - there would be the occasional character greeting the "oh so fair maiden" in a noble manner. But generally rustic and a "good time".

I would personally love to see this atmosphere in the Dining Hall and an over all more rustic feel in the Outer Bailey.

That said, it's entirely made up by the players. But that's how I sit back and imagine the Outer Bailey.
I kind of like this idea. I have an alternate character that I consider similar in this attitude when they drift into the dining hall, but then - their aspect on courtesy is completely different from my other characters entirely

Courtier of the Winter Court
Old 04-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Inner Bailey redneck

Send a message via MSN to Keyana Send a message via Yahoo to Keyana
I think we have the same thing in mind.
She likes sports, beer, cars, swearing, fighting and sex. She is crude, rude, often hygienically challenged and cheerfully ignorant and aggressive. In short, she is a young woman with the personality of a frat boy. She is the Ladette. (tvtroupes website)

Old 04-28-2012, 02:40 PM
damaged goods

Send a message via AIM to britta
That made me remember Ghent singing on the bar.

Britta used to dance on the bar, Skout swore he was going to get her some pasties and a g string.

Is this a business or the personal fiefdom of a few volunteers?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: