Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > The Eternal City > The Eternal City Mechanics

Old 04-22-2012, 04:29 PM
Not Morgan Freeman

Auto-Evict

Could we get a system where characters are automatically evicted from their rooms if they haven't logged in for over a month or two? Now that items are being sent to banks once someone is evicted, this shouldn't be a problem. And it gives others a chance as well.

Example:

Message 132 on The_Narrator:
To: Pescia
When: 11:21 am, Sunday, April 22, 2012
Subject: Eviction
---
Pescia has not been seen around The Stone Toga Inn, and you have not logged her in for over 30 RL days. The innkeeper has decided to evict her and have her belongings sent to Seneda's Bank.

@account shows when your character last logged in, so it would be entirely feasible to have the system follow the same check.

Because in all reality, people shouldn't be hoarding rooms if they're not playing their characters. It gives everyone a fair chance.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Straight :G

Send a message via AIM to Elsana Send a message via MSN to Elsana
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Narrator View Post
Could we get a system where characters are automatically evicted from their rooms if they haven't logged in for over a month or two? Now that items are being sent to banks once someone is evicted, this shouldn't be a problem. And it gives others a chance as well.

Example:

Message 132 on The_Narrator:
To: Pescia
When: 11:21 am, Sunday, April 22, 2012
Subject: Eviction
---
Pescia has not been seen around The Stone Toga Inn, and you have not logged her in for over 30 RL days. The innkeeper has decided to evict her and have her belongings sent to Seneda's Bank.

@account shows when your character last logged in, so it would be entirely feasible to have the system follow the same check.

Because in all reality, people shouldn't be hoarding rooms if they're not playing their characters. It gives everyone a fair chance.
It has been doing just that!
It's after 90 days I think. There's a forum post about it somewhere.

Edit: Yeah, found it.
http://forum.skotos.net/showpost.php...9&postcount=33
Old 04-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Not Morgan Freeman

I thought this only happened when instigated by the staff. I guess I was wrong. Thank you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: