Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > Lovecraft Country > Arkham by Night Discussion

Old 03-26-2012, 07:39 PM

Question What to do?

Hey folks,

I've read the Newbie Guide and started the game, but I don't really know what to do. I apologize if this is a dumb question, but is there a way to go on a mission or pursue some sort of goal? So far I've just been wandering around an empty campus.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:52 AM
Zipperump-a-Zoo

Send a message via ICQ to SPXios
Best place can be to start with the scavenger hunt. Ask at the Registrar's Office in Edward's hall. I'd certainly like to see more automated quests for new players. So if there is some investigation you are interested in, please let me know so I can see what additions can be made.

Also, if I know what times you normally are on, I (and by extension NPCs) can be more available for you.

Xios
Old 03-27-2012, 07:36 AM

Thank you for the quick response. I will start with the scavenger hunt.

It would be nice to have some sort of information presented in the starting room, detailing options for what new players could do first. Something like a flyer announcing the scavenger hunt, for example. If there is already, I totally missed it.

After the scavenger hunt though, how do people typically get quests to do? I understand this is a socially-focused game, but it is possible to play single-player? You mentioned automated quests, does that mean the game requires GM-controlled NPCs to initiate quests?

I will probably be playing during the day, until the afternoon. Mountain time zone.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:24 PM

Is the message board a new addition, or did I just not notice it before? If it's new, you guys are awesome! If it was already there, I am very imperceptive.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:13 AM
Zipperump-a-Zoo

Send a message via ICQ to SPXios
You should start with an information packet, that does make some mention of the scavenger hunt. It can be a good way to get to know some of the locations around town. For a quarter, Thurman will give you a tour in his carriage.

There are some activities such as these two that are completely automated and do not require another player to do. But I would say that you will get the most out of the game by interacting with other players.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: