Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > Castle Marrach > Marrach Noise

Old 03-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Fallen Knight

Send a message via MSN to Lucus Send a message via Skype™ to Lucus
Assassin's Creed 3

As per tradition, I bring you the release trailer for the next (5th) addition to the Assassin's Creed Franchise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVUMPrv8oRw

To be honest I keep crossing my fingers for a Feudal Japan era installment to the series, though I suppose this will do for now. I hope the game isn't too firearms-based, I really enjoy the trademark sword combat aspect of the series.

"So far as he is able, a prince should stick to the path of good but, if the necessity arises, he should know how to follow evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli

"Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries - but for severe ones they cannot."
- Niccolo Machiavelli

"The weak tend to cling to words as their only defense, while those of us with strength end up dieing trying to protect them - being weak is a sin."
- Prince Isley
Old 03-16-2012, 06:32 PM
General Discombobulator

I had a sneaky wish for fuedal Japan, too. But this will (hopefully) make for a very interesting plot. I was a little worried how they would pull off the free-running aspect of the game given the setting, but it looks like they're just replacing buildings with trees. Which I am cool with. Seems a bit more ninja.

But yeah, as long as I can play through the whole game with a sword (or other similar stab-slash device), and the storyline is up to snuff, I'll be okay.

I am only slightly concerned with how quickly they are bringing out games. So far they haven't pulled a CoD in regards to quality (IMO), but this game a year thing has me mildly concerned.

(parentheses)

Old 03-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Fallen Knight

Send a message via MSN to Lucus Send a message via Skype™ to Lucus
Yeah I dunno about the tree jumping thing, we'll see how they implement it. So long as it's an occasional addition to rooftop free running as opposed to a replacement then I suppose I can bite that.

I thought Revelations was a bit of a step down from Brotherhood TBH, enough so that I still haven't finished it. The lack of counter-kills for two-hand weapons was a disappointment to me, and the bonus objectives for the memory sequences for 100% completion were impractical for an assassin (why should an assassin have to kill 10 guards along his route and hide them in haystacks when it makes much more sense just to not be seen at all).

But time will tell...

"So far as he is able, a prince should stick to the path of good but, if the necessity arises, he should know how to follow evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli

"Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries - but for severe ones they cannot."
- Niccolo Machiavelli

"The weak tend to cling to words as their only defense, while those of us with strength end up dieing trying to protect them - being weak is a sin."
- Prince Isley
Old 03-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Ex-player

Not sure how I feel about the assassination / intrigue aspect of the proposed setting. The corrupt and backstabbing crusader states? Of course you can tell a brilliant story of intrigue there. The Italian Renaissance? Hot dang could an assassin make some money. Feudal Japan (heck, warring states or Tokugawa era)? Would have been brilliant.

Colonial America? Eh...
Old 03-16-2012, 11:55 PM
General Discombobulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonen View Post
Not sure how I feel about the assassination / intrigue aspect of the proposed setting. The corrupt and backstabbing crusader states? Of course you can tell a brilliant story of intrigue there. The Italian Renaissance? Hot dang could an assassin make some money. Feudal Japan (heck, warring states or Tokugawa era)? Would have been brilliant.

Colonial America? Eh...
I think the idea is to put a lot of stock into the rumour (fact? I don't know, I'm Australian) of the apparent involvement of the Illuminati and so on within that time period. Or that's just what I've heard. I only allow myself very restricted opinions on games before they come out.

As for Revelations, yeah - I felt like it was something they would have preferred as DLC for Brotherhood, but found it too big to justify and instead churned it out into a game, then threw some 'new' features in around it to flesh it out. Storywise, I quite enjoyed it. It was a bit of a step down gameplay wise though, yeah. Still, I enjoyed it enough to play through it twice.

But I can easily depend on Mass Effect 3, LotRO and the Marrach Minecraft build to tide me over, not to mention a couple of other games due out between now and AC3 (that's really AC5).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: