Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > The Eternal City > The Eternal City Game World

Old 02-16-2012, 10:15 AM
The Eternal Optimist

Send a message via MSN to Miri_arielle
Ask the Auxilii!

In case you didn't know, at any given time there's a pretty good network of auxilii members in game to answer your every question on our aux chat line. It's newer, so some of the old returning folks may not know of it. All you do is type 'aux' in front of your text, and we'll see it. If you ask for directions or gear, we'll tell you to ask in game. But commands, mechanics questions and general help, we will gladly point you in the right direction as best we can.

Here are some frequently observed questions and their answers. Feel free to add to the list if you've got helpful tips, too.

-Count people: If you want to see a list of who is in the room, you can type 'count people.' But this is seen. If you want to do it quietly, type 'ac .' with the . OR 'ac Miri' but I don't think this works for other people, just to see who is approached to your own character.

-Collect: There isn't a shortcut that I know of to open all chests and coffers, but you can empty them all with one command. 'Collect contents <1-22> coffer empties it onto the ground. 'Collect contents <1-22> coffer into my sack' into container.

-Undress: Use this command to take off all armor and clothing. Can type 'stop' to make it end!

-@allow check <name> shows you if you are allowing this person to hug you, etc. passive check <name> likewise. You can only do that if the person is present. If you want to just clear all type 'passive none'

[[ETA: Thanks to Sceadu for this one: you can just type 'passive check' and see the list.]]

-SP calculating command for current and future skills: ssk costs

-The | sign works as 'and," so you can 'group all stone|pebble|mineral' ,or 'target brute|thug|dog|newbie'
Taking things out of context ftw:
<Wallace thinks aloud: Leonias, Cleburnus, Occulo and work your way down the list.>

Last edited by Miri_arielle; 02-16-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:52 AM
The Eternal Optimist

In the Welcome Area, type @menu to change your description, gender, speech pattern.

Don't forget that the reader sees an 's' at the end of your speech so if you set your speech to: dances with wolves, they'll see: Miri dances with wolvess, "Hey newbies." Instead type 'dances with wolve' even though it looks bizarre to you, it's correct to the rest of the world.
<Wallace thinks aloud: Leonias, Cleburnus, Occulo and work your way down the list.>
Old 02-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Straight :G

Send a message via AIM to Elsana Send a message via MSN to Elsana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miri_arielle View Post
Instead type 'dances with wolve' even though it looks bizarre to you, it's correct to the rest of the world.
Not bizarre! I feel like a rockstar when I 'fizze' things to everyone.

Get it? Rockstar? Fizzing? hur.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:23 AM
TEC Staff

A few more commands you might want to know about / use:

2wield - Used instead of "wield" to wield a polearm in both hands.

Target - @mtarg, mtarg, or targ"et" all work. This sets it so whatever you are targeting will be used if you use attacks on "<target>" So you could macro your slash attack to expand to "slash <target>". When you enter the dumps for example, you could "@mtarg rat|hound" and then you would only need to type "slash" in order to slash at the first rat or hound in the room.

Collect - "collect pouch from <1-20> corpse" will collect the pouch from the first 20 corpses in thr room. "Collect contents <1-20> pouch" will empty the first 20 pouches into the ground. "Collect contents <1-20> pouch into my backpack" will instead empty them into your backpack.

Passivewield - This sets it so that you automatically unwield your weapon if law enforcement warns you to do so. This will prevent you from a criminal charge of wielding a weapon in the city, if you forget to unwield manually.

Sstats - a brief summary of your stats page.

Sskills - a brief summary of your Skill Point totals.

Skills ? - gives you a list of commands for all your known skills.

Proclaim ! - ONLY to be used in emergencies for things like game-ending glitches or immediate problems that are a detriment to your gameplay or that of others, or when contacted by the staff. This allows you to communicate directly to the staff.

@feedback - Used to give the staff feedback. General, or specific, your feedback is appreciated.

@kudos - Used to inform the staff of other people you see role-playing well. Let's us know that someone is deserving of appreciation.
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."
Old 02-16-2012, 12:03 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to lykatos
2wield would be awesome for cestii... just saying

Grant/Revoke- allows people to work on the doors of buildings you own
[Success: 5, Roll: 58] You step forward, grasping your retalq axe in one hand tightly and lifting it above your head, before striking downwards in a powerful blow aimed at a gladiator! Critical Hit! Thrust to the face leaves a gladiator bleeding profusely from the cheek!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchMagi View Post
your chopping motion turned into a straight thrust, cool trick that.
Troll Fail level OVER 9000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenh View Post
True, and i guess it could kill my character if i argue too much with you.
Sooooo much win!
Old 02-16-2012, 02:52 PM

Cadaes

If you have a tile, and are not superstitious: 'focus tile'
Then to use it, 'send <message>'
To finish using it, 'eyeclose'

If you don't want to be contacted by cadaes, 'ignore'

Welcome Area

To page something privately to a user, '@page <username> <message>'

The mail system is really... special.
To send mail to an offline/nowhere'd user: '@mail <username>' (enter), then it will tell you to enter your message.
To check forum messages, there are a couple ways to do things.

'@forum' is the easiest, I think. It gives you a pretty little menu with a few options. "R" will give you all of your forums, but not your personal mail.
'@mail on me' gives you your mail. Then '@read <message number> to read a message in your inbox.

If you want to get fancy schmancy, you can type '@mail on *<messageboard>', asterisk and all, and then @read <message number>. This is just faster if you're reading a ton of messages in a row. For example: '@mail on *aux' will give me the Auxilii forum. Then I type '@read 3983' to read about [super secret stuff].

If you like to keep it clean, like I do, you can go back to that @for/@forum panel and type "M" to mark them all as old. Then, whenever there's a new message, you can go @forum > S > Ret (for return) to go through the new messages individually.

Whew.

Random

'prefs' has all kinds of goodies

@color is pretty cool, too. I have only tested its use on Zealotry.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Irrelevancy at it's best.

Location: Broadcasting live from the shadow of the Space Needle.
Send a message via AIM to Stonespyder Send a message via MSN to Stonespyder Send a message via Skype™ to Stonespyder
Quote:
Passivewield - This sets it so that you automatically unwield your weapon if law enforcement warns you to do so. This will prevent you from a criminal charge of wielding a weapon in the city, if you forget to unwield manually.
Exception to this rule: cestii. Cestuses will not automatically unwield when you have passivewield on and you will serve a 6 RL hour sentence for Disturbing the Peace if you walk out of the square that the NPC constable is in before manually unwielding.

Quote:
Oh doom and gloom, oh doom and gloom, the GMs are fools and do not realize what a position they have put us in. They could not possibly have thought of all of this already, for they are but tiny brained fools.
Keep on keepin' on, can ya dig it?
Old 02-17-2012, 07:45 PM
The Eternal Optimist

If you need help calculating money in game, you can use the convert command.

USAGE: convert <amount> <coin type> [to] <alternate coin type>
EXAMPLE: convert 5 talents to cents
Old 02-17-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonespyder View Post
Exception to this rule: cestii. Cestuses will not automatically unwield when you have passivewield on and you will serve a 6 RL hour sentence for Disturbing the Peace if you walk out of the square that the NPC constable is in before manually unwielding.
@report?
Maybe? They've been pretty good about fixing stuff like that to be more even/fair.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:59 AM
unregistered user

you can 1wield a two handed weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miri_arielle
If you need help calculating money in game, you can use the convert command.

USAGE: convert <amount> <coin type> [to] <alternate coin type>
EXAMPLE: convert 5 talents to cents
This is awesome. After all the years i didn't know this command.

You can write new macros quickly if you type
@macro pour (shortcut for the macro)
pour oil in my lantern (what the macro should do)
@macro w2
2wield spear|javelin|pilum (| will make it possible that you wield all three types of a spear with just one macro)

Grouping:
'group all wasp|beetle' - will group all parts that have wasp or beetle in their name, you will make a nice large parts pile from them
If you skin a rabbit completely and there are various organs scattered all over the ground you can just 'group all rabbit' and all the parts will be grouped in one large pile.

Another useful macro is a macro for emptying your sacks:
@macro e1
empty my sack
@macro e2
empty my 2 sack
Useful in an encounter with bandits

Combat macros:
@macro jab
jab <target>
@macro jab hi
jab <target> high
@macro jab h
jab <target> head
@macro jab ne
jab <target> neck
and so on with each attack, then you just type 'tar man' (would be target man in longer) and you're prepared to kill that faceplate which is attacking you
You can also make macros for each target type.
@macro man
target man
@macro sands
target seafarer|sailor|marine

A few more shortcuts
ssk - sskils but shorter
ss - sstats
pos - will show your current combat stance

Edit: just noticed that Miri already posted some things that i wrote.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:23 AM
The Eternal Optimist

@sp-count for a tally of your total skill points gained.

Learned this one when I accidentally sold a custom item to Hazin and didn't realize it until a day later. You can label your custom stuff so it gets flagged if someone discards or accidentally sells it. 8)
Usage: @CUSTOM?-ITEM <item>
Please use this only on truly custom items. Abuse of this command will result in its being taken away.

Last edited by Miri_arielle; 02-21-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Giant demon badger

Since it came up in the other thread:

Directing Emotes at a target:

Hat-tip to Armataan for the skeevy example:

:smiles seductively at <raid>
Culexus smiles seductively at Raidian.
Culexus smiles seductively at you.

:glances down at <raid+p> rump, catcalling audaciously.
Culexus glances down at Raidian's rump, catcalling audaciously.
Culexus glanecs down at your rump, catcalling audaciously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracked.com, on "Pottermore"
But if there is real, player vs player dueling enabled, a whole realm of emergent-gameplay opportunities open up that can be used to wreck everything for everyone. We already know how this will play out - wrecking a community isn't a new hobby, not since the Vikings invented player-killing in the eighth century
Old 02-23-2012, 12:20 PM

Languages

To SPEAK in a different language, type:

speak <language>

To speak in Common again, either type:

speak common
or
lang

==========================================

To WRITE in a different language:

GET/TAKE your writing instrument, DIP it in a jar of ink, and have your parchment/vellum/scroll/codex ready (in your hand, on a desk, on the ground, wherever).

Then,
WRITE on <item> in <language>

====================================

Note: If you want to write in the Common tongue, just type: write <item>
Old 02-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Doesnt type good w STress

Send a message via MSN to xiaozh
Newb Questions!

How do I take a single cent, or a specific number of cents, from an group or armful? Can this be done with non-money groups?
Old 02-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Ninja Turtle

Usually you can 'split <item> [#]' to split off <number> of items into a separate group. For example: split cents 1, will split off 1 cent.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: