Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > The Eternal City > Eternal City Staff News

Old 01-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Administrator

General Announcements

First off I’d like to wish everyone a happy new year and thank you all for playing. I just wanted to give you all a heads up on our current plans for the upcoming year. After finishing up the few combat tweaks we already have in the works, we hope to devote the next year to improving the non-com aspects of the game. Look for things such as the opening of the long awaited library, new, more intriguing, missions, tweaks to healing and outdoors skills, etc. We have discussed the current status of herbalism and it’s possible (no promises) that we may be releasing it in the upcoming year as well. it is a very complex system that still needs a bit of work. We’re also adding the finishing touches to a new area that should be released sometime later this year, including a new multi-tiered hunting ground. And, as we have lately, we hope to keep the events rolling throughout the year.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Administrator

It has recently come to my attention that the filling of custom item request while I was away was discontinued. I plan on reinstating this in the very near future. This will be the new policy dealing with custom items in the future. This policy may be updated if a need becomes apparent any time in the future.

Custom item policy

Weapons:
No custom weapon will be created that does more damage or is faster than any weapon that currently exists in game. Weapons created will conform to the standard ‘rules’ that currently exist for weapons of the same type in game. (ie: A custom iron gladius won’t be any faster than any other iron gladius)

Armor:
No custom armor will be created that is lighter or protects more than any existing armor in game (shields are included in this).

Short names (names seen when wielding/wearing) will be kept to a minimum (preferably no more than 4 words). Descriptions when looked at can be as elaborate as needed.

Items that may have existed in the past that no longer exist in game may be denied due to balance or bug issues.

The staff has the right to refuse any custom item request.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Everyone that had a paid account for the months of January and February of this year has been awarded 500 role points due to the issues we experienced last weekend. Thank you for being patient with us while we worked through those issues.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:46 AM
Administrator

I was hoping I’d not have to remind players of this, but due to a couple of recent incidents it seems some need reminding. Intolerance of others due to sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, physical appearance, birth defects, etc. will NOT be tolerated. If anyone is found guilty of harassing another player because of any of the above reasons, their account will immediately be closed. Hate speech, in any form, will NOT be tolerated. Bullying (outside of in character interactions) will NOT be tolerated.

This is a policy that will be enforced regardless of your account status (freebie, basic, or premium). TEC is a game for mature players. This means everyone here should be mature enough that I shouldn’t have to be making post such as this.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Administrator

More Character Slots!!!

We are currently working on a new option to purchase character slots at a cost of 10000 role points per slot. You will see the option in the menu to spend role points at this time but it is currently unavailable. We expect this option to be available within the next week or so. An announcement will be made in "Minor Changes" when this option becomes available.

You may also notice that the menu to spend role points has slightly changed to use numbers instead of random letters. This was done in an attempt to help solve confusion on both the players' and coders' end of things.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:01 PM
TEC Staff

The Iridine Library

The Iridine Library is now open. There are a few things you should be aware of going in:
  • You may not enter with anything deemed a weapon.
  • You may not destroy, damage, or leave with library materials or property.
  • Violance is not tolerated.
  • Although open, there are still many additions & projects yet to be released!
  • "Seach shelf" or "search shelf for <word>" to find reading material.
  • There are as many shelves as there are different subject catagories.
  • Put library materials back on the shelf or drop them anywhere & an attendent will collect them.
  • The Patrician Lounge is for Patricians only.
  • The box in front of the library is for library material donations. After review, approved work will be added to the shelves.
  • There is no current list of what all resides on each shelf, but that will probably change, eventually. For now, we encourage word-of-mouth to find good leads on what to search for.

As always, please @report any bugs, @ request any suggestions, @kudos any authors, & @feedback any feedback you feel appropriate.
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."
Old 04-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Administrator

We have made a change to the policy concerning the awarding of Veteran Character packages for characters that have been PK’d. This policy change will NOT be retroactive. The following is now the current formula for determining what level package will be offered:

*The package offered will be based off character age. (from the time of creation until the time of death).
*One month will be added to this age for every 250 Role Points spent on the character. (RPs counted are those directly spent on the character itself [description changes, stat increases, etc], not any spent on items, events or other.)
*The total number of months credited will be rounded to the nearest year.

Less than 6 months..... None
6mo - 1yr..... Level 1
1yr - 2yr..... Level 2
2yr - 3yr..... Level 3
3yr – 4yr….. Level 4
4yr – 5yr….. Level 5
5yr and over….. Level 6

To remind everyone what each level includes:
Code:
*Package(Cost)*	|*GSPs*	|*Credits*	|*Wealth*	|*Stats* |*Extras*|
1. (1000 rps) 	| 250 	| 10 		| 5t 		| 10 	 | None |
2. (2000 rps) 	| 500 	| 20 		| 10t 		| 15 	 | None |
3. (3000 rps) 	| 750 	| 30 		| 15t 		| 20  	 | None |
4. (4000 rps) 	| 1000 	| 40 		| 20t 		| 25 	 | Makeover |
5. (8000 rps) 	| 1500 	| 80 		| 40t 		| 30 	 | Makeover |
6. (10000 rps) 	| 2000 	| 100 		| 50t 		| 40 	 | Makeover and custom item |

Last edited by Kneller; 04-18-2012 at 04:14 PM. Reason: cleaned up table
Old 04-19-2012, 06:57 AM
Administrator

FYI: If a player uses the 'end' command to kill off their character after they've been put in a coma, they will NOT be awarded a VC package. The character MUST have a valid PK request open and active on them before a VC package will be considered.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Administrator

The official TEC Facebook page is currently under construction for anyone that is interested: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Et...33023980060917
Old 06-08-2012, 05:35 PM
TEC Staff

Tired of speaking the same old language of your homeland? Learn a new one!

The various Language Tutors at the Iridine Library are here for you! As you walk into the Iridine Library, there is a desk. "GO DESK" will get you close enough to speak with the attendant that will lead you to the tutors. Simply tell him you want to learn a LANGUAGE. If you need assistance in using the tutors themselves, simple whisper "HELP" to any tutor and they will give you more details on how to learn!

Note: This has been in place since the library opened.
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."
Old 06-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Phaedra Arrives!

Phaedra, the granddaughter of Phaedro has finally arrived in the city and is ready to take her grandfather's spot on the bench.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Phaedra seems to have wandered off and gotten lost. I'm sure we'll see her again soon.

[Due to a problem with the dialogue mechanics, Phaedra wasn't making any sense. We're going to remove her for the time being to avoid any confusion and see if we can't get her back in place sometime in the near future.]
Old 07-20-2012, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Public Service Announcement

We're looking for players who have characters that are interested in playing the role of defense for prisoners requesting trials. If you are interested, please file an @request stating which character you'd like to join and why. Please take this seriously and do not send in frivolous request just to try and get access to the forum just to be nosy. Use the title "Request to join Lex Legalis" for your request.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:20 PM
TEC GameMaster

New policy for destroyed items:

Destroyed items can now be fully restored to their original state by filing a @request. You must have the destroyed item in your possession. A cost of 250 RPs along with roughly half of the item's original worth in money will be asked to repair the item.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:52 AM
TEC GameMaster

Voting Reminder

As you may already have noticed, a voting reminder has been added to most Welcome Rooms in the past few days (and ONLY these Welcome Rooms - there are no messages while you are playing). You will only be receiving a reminder if your last login was over 12 hours ago and new accounts during their trial period will not be receiving these reminders. As a direct result of this new voting reminder, there will be no more gamewide messages having to do with voting.

We really appreciate receiving your votes and enabling us to currently make a stand in the Top 20 again. To all of those who have voted, you have our sincere thanks. By voting you are effectively helping to promote the game that we all love.

Last edited by UzakGM; 08-12-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: