Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > Ironclaw Online > Calabria Chat

Old 03-11-2010, 11:07 PM

Rumors of Promotion and Demotion...

Rumors are flying all around Triskellian about recent promotions... here are some tidbits:

Althalus? Yeah, I don't know what going on with him. Apparently he's making a name for himself as being charitable and reverent, always worrying about the well-being and eternal souls of those he comes across. Not to mention he stands up for the ladies. Plus, he isn't a knight anymore...

Edmond? Not much to hear about him. Except how he's really a paragon of chivalry. You know he sailed out at the head of a fleet looking for Theressa, his one true love, not knowing whether she was alive or dead, right? I hear he put a price on the head of the man who held her captive too. That's enough to make you more than a baronet, I guess...

Last edited by SPCade; 03-13-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:47 PM

Rumors of Promotion and Demotion...

Flynn? Keeping his head down I think. But I tell you what. He gets plenty of approval for his brutal ways with slaves. Cruel, heartless, horrifying? You bet. But it seems to be working since the slaves under his ownership don't cause hardly any problems. I hear tell he's not a freedman anymore.

Brooks? What is there to say? Lots I suppose, if you're keeping your ear to the ground. The gentleman is lighting up the social and political atmosphere of Triskellian in his own way. Proper, polite, sensitive to the needs of social situations and diplomatic ones. He pays particular attention to the needs of nobles and his fellow gentry too. This is the way to become more than armigerous gentry.

Aedina? Get this! The new leader of the Bisclavret House in Triskellian is probably the finest musicians in town! The way she uses her harp and her voice together, to create the most enchanting performances you'll ever see. Maybe if you go to the next ball, you'll get the opportunity to see her perform. Supposedly she isn't a viscountess anymore.

Jahren? I've no idea what has got into him. Apparently he's running all over town crashing socials in less-than-formal wear, badmouthing other doctors, and going through women quicker than most chaps can go through a keg of beer. I'm worried for Triskellian's sick if he doesn't shape up and get his act together. Though don't let you be a burgher acting like that.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Twiggy

Faile? State executioner, slave handler, and devout follower of the Light - need I say more? Shes been able to juggle all of those responsibilities together, and so it isn't any wonder that people have found her deserving of the rank of Burgher.

Aysun? Working on social events like balls, being respectful, and acting as a liason with the other embasses really paid off for her, moving her just a step below Nobility.

Ryan? Being a good slave does count for something, especially when people notice. If he keeps on with his behavior, he'll be free in no time!
Old 04-18-2010, 05:03 AM
Administrator

Bayard? I heard he went totally crazy, and his house is hiding him away. I also heard that he's temporarily been stripped of his knighthood until he recovers from being crazy. I hope he gets better, the poor man.

Meepers? Rummaging in trash, working as a common seamstress, pushing in front of nobles at church. Anyone would think that she's a commoner. Well, she's still gentry, but has lost her coat of arms. Personally, I think it's a good thing, before she was a gentry she was the most active tailor in the city, and everyone loved her.

Sattar? What can be said? He's some big-shot from a foreign land, but you'd think he's been in Triskellian long enough to learn our ways. Yet he still goes around groping women in public. Enough is enough, the Don refuses to accept him as a gentry anymore, now he's a Thane. I bet he'll loose even that rank if he doesn't change his ways.

Cullan? You heard he was slandering Marquise Alessandro and the Don himself? Apparently they also heard. Demoted to burgher.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:23 AM
Administrator

Hush? Running a university, teaching students of medicine, having exotic teas on hand. Looks like she's even going to marry into a Great House. And now she's been sponsored by one of the members from that house? So next time you need her to stitch up a boo-boo, remember to congratulate her on being promoted to yeoman.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Administrator

Xena? I might not agree with everything she says at her courtesy lectures, but it seems that her initiative has impressed the nobles. Having proper manners, and teaching other people proper manners apparently gets you promoted to Thane.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:59 AM
Twiggy

Katrina? All the hard work she's put into her house, the support she has offered the church, and her good business dealings with others have landed her the station of armigerous gentry.

Veritas? Attending courtesy lectures, taking care of his company, and aiding new residents of Triskellian has earned him the rank of Yeoman.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Twiggy

Lianaar? All of her hard work for the Bisclavret along with her assistance to other embassies has earned her the rank of gentry thanks to sponsorship from Lord Marcus of the Rinaldi.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:01 PM
Twiggy

Marcus? Handling issues between the Constabulary and other embassies, being a devoted and respected leader, and keeping the city running smoothly has allowed him the honorable title of Baronet.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:08 PM
Administrator

Althalus? We've all heard about him, it's probably why he's left Triskellian. Uh, or was he called back to the Lyore for his military prowess? He's managed to stir up trouble, taking the law into his own hands, and going against Doloureax enemies with a drawn blade and intent to kill. That's impressed some people, and made others very unimpressed. It's probably why he's been made a Knight again, and called back to his lands. I bet his superiors want to keep him playing to his strengths, and handling military matters rather than political.

But you know what? I hear that Esquire Katrina did a lot towards smoothing ruffled feathers while still supporting her superior. I wouldn't be surprised if the politicians in Bruges had something to say about that as well.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Hear about Bayard? People are saying that he went mad, and couldn't be trusted with the powers of a knight anymore. But now I hear that he's been given a clean bill of health, sanity as well as rank restored, and he's back. Watch out, Triskellian, Sir Bayard is ready to kick ass and make up for lost time!
Old 07-26-2010, 03:49 AM

Flynn is a tough man, but he knows how to handle matters of slavery and stay proper in public. Well enough to earn him a promotion at least. No wonder congratulations are in order.

Meepers might have a few oddities to her, but it seems she pays attention to details and knows when to better herself. That certainly must be why she is rising in rank.

Joshua has been serving as Sheriff for uncounted years. Many people have formed a strong opinion on him and it seems most have approved of his memorable treatment of Baronet Althalus. Joshua's firm lead of the Constabulary and his loyalty thereto has earned him a rise in ranks.

Taraji might be someone living in the Docktown, but she knows how to behave when higher ends are about. She was also very creative and helpful during the parley with Seaweed Joe. No wonder her betters decided to grant her recognition and land.

Last edited by SP Sirazad; 08-11-2010 at 03:09 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:17 PM

Have you heard? Katrina was deemed quite successful in her work in Triskellian and her little trip home to Bruges was resourceful too. Welcome to town again, Dame Katrina.

Noe Raisa returned to town. Her long term dedication to her house and her unwavering loyalty did not go unnoticed. Welcome the newest thane of the Avoirdupois.

The Avoirdupois have been quite busy handing out recognition of late, though it is no wonder, being such a proper house. It was Brooks' turn to have his work in the Avoirdupois recognised, and his building of good relations with the Constabulary, raising him to the rank of baronet.

Last edited by SP Sirazad; 08-14-2010 at 03:20 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:33 AM

I heard the ears and eyes of those higher up gathered to deliver their reports to their unseen masters. I wonder who shall rise and fall upon their work.

[OOC: July and August promotions were delivered.]
Old 10-01-2010, 09:34 AM

Have you heard? Have you heard? That silent gardener and merchant? That raccoon, what's his names. Fips it is. He is always polite and caring of the problems of others. I was told it paid up quite well, he just got landed again. Good for him.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: