Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > The Eternal City > Eternal City Administrivia

Old 10-13-2009, 07:50 PM

I have -1 BP

Negitive one.

Seriously. Come on.

Seriouslah. Brah.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Bad Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweninger View Post
I have -1 BP

Negitive one.

Seriously. Come on.

Seriouslah. Brah.
That belongs in the LOL-Thread.

Seriousleh does braddah ;p

Jubey
Old 10-13-2009, 07:53 PM

I'd put it in there, but it's locked up for making us laugh.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:02 PM

I have 14: 9 of those are for idling at events (I think at least 4 of which were just canceled), 1 for reporting a huge bug, and 4 for making sexual innuendos with Horras.

It is tough to compete when are going against:

"I don't care if this event does not make sense, I am going for my damn BP." Verbatim, and these are the people that get THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of more rp's then everyone else.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Attica Send a message via MSN to Attica Send a message via Skype™ to Attica
Amen. Going just to go. Saaaaaad.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:14 PM

I wish BP's were given out for, oh I don't know.. Role-playing your character on a regular basis without the knowledge of GM or SG presence? Hey, that sounds legit. Lets do that.

Oh wait.

Negative one.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Attica Send a message via MSN to Attica Send a message via Skype™ to Attica
Yeah, they only follow people around who win or are in the upper top-ten constantly.

Except me. Since I was the top person for 2 months (when they didn't award for the first month I played and was, y'know, here), until they followed someone else around to give them a magical BP of consistency.

Hooties.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:52 AM

The strong point in this game is the combat system, and the most fun I've ever had was hunting/working together with other people to take NPC's down.

I wish that element was more relevant in TEC, a lot of the times when a noncom join's the fighter, the noncom can't do anything until the fighters done. A lot of the time the noncom leaves the ground with a large portion of their fatigue bar left. I've been bored out of my mind being a healer on a hunting trip. 4 bleeders? Maybe leave with 5 SP the entire trip.

Perhaps on certain areas include random hunters/fighters who are scattered on hunting grounds unconscious. Similar to the Hospice, the healer can heal them. If you want to implement monetary reward, you can. Point is, on a hunting trip include everyone possible so everyone can have fun.

Hunting Lore? Give everyone grouped to the one with the most ranks in HL a bonus of 10% his ranks on fighting creatures.

I've had the most fun when it was a small group going out to kill humanoid NPC's. The more of a challenge the NPC's were, the more I'd be inspired to train to head back there and see if I can handle it. Or even admiring the ones who can and just tagging along for the ride.

And as said by others, throw in the rare uberNPC to spice things up. I wonder why that was never implemented.

Anyway, find a way to let PC players work together. You get RP, SP, and fun all balled up into one happy package.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:26 AM
downbeats at 2-4kicksnare

Send a message via AIM to Armataan Send a message via MSN to Armataan Send a message via Yahoo to Armataan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raegus V2.0 View Post
The only changes I really think are NEEDED:

No more SP for sparring
Get rid of SP degradation (don't care the system that goes in place even if it's as hard to gain SP as the old system; just no degradation)
Yeah. 45 people in every hunting ground, with 45 seconds of lag between each 'You are no longer busy" variant, due to all the AI resources being called upon, is totally win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinianQuartz View Post
HAIL CULEXUS
Old 10-14-2009, 12:03 PM
mouse at a cat convention

Get rid of the courses. Have people's stats go up both at random and due to some things they do, but tell no one what they can do to improve their stats. Keep them guessing. ;-) No RP cost for improved stats. Do not make stats visible ever, though players can estimate some stats by results.

Get rid of visible rolls when hunting etc, though you could keep them for some noncom skills. Get rid of visible ranks and rank bonuses. Change the combat system in some fundamental ways and don't announce how it was done.

Every week or maybe two weeks, characters can train and at that point they get told how much they have improved in the last two weeks. They can guess what they did to get the improvements.

On occasion change the combat around in subtle ways and don't announce it. Ideally, you might make small changes at random a little bit faster than players can test.

Give each fighter a significant bonus for some moves at random, one move or split among two or more. With hidden rolls etc they will have to discover their bonuses by trial and error. The bonuses may slowly change. So there isn't one perfect knifer, even with perfect stats different knifers would have different signature moves and combos.

All this would give a fun challenge to the guys who like to figure out the system. And the guys who just want to have fun can figure the hell with it and go on and have fun. You don't have to spend all your time training on a rigorous schedule if you don't know the best way to train.

"There is no tyranny in the state of confusion."
Old 10-14-2009, 12:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to Urek
Let me be the first to say:

Isn't Roadstrom & crew the reason we're having this argument in the first place?
Old 10-14-2009, 01:17 PM
downbeats at 2-4kicksnare

Send a message via AIM to Armataan Send a message via MSN to Armataan Send a message via Yahoo to Armataan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urek View Post
Let me be the first to say:

Isn't Roadstrom & crew the reason we're having this argument in the first place?
Heh. Well played, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinianQuartz View Post
HAIL CULEXUS
Old 10-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Triumphant

Send a message via AIM to Ultimatius Send a message via Yahoo to Ultimatius
I ultimately believe that this issue will never really be truly appeasable. Too many people want too many different things.

Previously in the past, people were arguing FOR PC to PC sparring training because it made little sense that 'sap rat head' made more sp than consistent sparring with another person.

Now the other argument is presented arguing that people just mindlessly slug each other and present little RP playability in the game world.

I want to take this opportunity to tell the Gameworld that there is no perfect medium. There is no situation, fix, or answer that can restore the game back to whatever 'perfect' world you imagined or dreamed it would be. That TEC never really existed, its simply a fabrication extrapolated and retold in glorious detail. Even considering the days of Bjergar, Syrolus, Solarius and Theryn, people were arguing that you could never 'catch up' and that these power trainers were holed up in locations and training so much that it sapped away from the reality of the RP of TEC.

Well this is the result of that change.

My belief and my strongest argument is that we must make the move from being such a PVP and combat oriented game to a more collective and world-based game. Its not about us beating each other stupid. Its about us being the best we can with the environment provided.

Take that as it may, it will be my only post on the subject. I truly hope all of you find what you're looking for in this game.

Kevin responds from afar, "hard to resist those milfs...mothers i'd like to fork."
Old 10-14-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatius View Post
I ultimately believe that this issue will never really be truly appeasable. Too many people want too many different things.

Previously in the past, people were arguing FOR PC to PC sparring training because it made little sense that 'sap rat head' made more sp than consistent sparring with another person.

Now the other argument is presented arguing that people just mindlessly slug each other and present little RP playability in the game world.

I want to take this opportunity to tell the Gameworld that there is no perfect medium. There is no situation, fix, or answer that can restore the game back to whatever 'perfect' world you imagined or dreamed it would be. That TEC never really existed, its simply a fabrication extrapolated and retold in glorious detail. Even considering the days of Bjergar, Syrolus, Solarius and Theryn, people were arguing that you could never 'catch up' and that these power trainers were holed up in locations and training so much that it sapped away from the reality of the RP of TEC.

Well this is the result of that change.

My belief and my strongest argument is that we must make the move from being such a PVP and combat oriented game to a more collective and world-based game. Its not about us beating each other stupid. Its about us being the best we can with the environment provided.

Take that as it may, it will be my only post on the subject. I truly hope all of you find what you're looking for in this game.
Paraphrase:

TEC was never that great.
TEC will never be that great.
We should remove ourselves from the only thing that differentiates TEC from countless other MUD's.
And you hope we find what we are looking for.

What an odd outlook on the game.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Triumphant

Send a message via AIM to Ultimatius Send a message via Yahoo to Ultimatius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Powers View Post
Paraphrase:

TEC was never that great.
TEC will never be that great.
We should remove ourselves from the only thing that differentiates TEC from countless other MUD's.
And you hope we find what we are looking for.

What an odd outlook on the game.
Not quite. Though I like how you took my statement slightly out of context.

What I am trying to state, in better words, are the following:

1. People in TEC wanted more Player Interaction via Sparring.
2. People in TEC now want more Hunting Interaction rather than Sparring.
3. People in TEC wanted restricted cycles to prevent power trainers and uncontrolled rank development.
4. People in TEC find restricted cycles deterimental to character development.

I respect your opinion on the uniqueness of TEC. It is unique. However that is essentially my argument; that to keep that uniqueness we must recognize that there will never be a perfect middle. Either change the focus of what we week, or stay displeased forever with a situation that will never please the whole or majority.

Kevin responds from afar, "hard to resist those milfs...mothers i'd like to fork."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: