Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > Lovecraft Country > Arkham by Night Bugs

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 03:16 AM

Sewer Bugs

I filed a few @bugs on these, but because it's so confusing down there, I think I goofed one up and don't really want to file several paragraph long reports. So I'm posting here.

The sewers have at least 6 major bugs that I've mostly deciphered.

1. The sewer intersection beneath Main and Coolidge (the northwest-most intersection). If you head west from this intersection, after 3 rooms, you'll hit a shaft leading up. This tunnel is heading west under Main street. However, there are NO manholes along Main street in this stretch; meaning there should be no shaft up. But, if you take the shaft up, you will emerge at the intersection of Church and Boundary. Clearly this shaft either
* Should not be there, or
* There should be a manhole in Main street for it to properly exit onto.
2. The sewer intersection at Main and Garrison has 2 problems (this is the northeast-most intersection). The first problem if you ascend the shaft at this location, you actually appear on street level at Church and Garrison. (Similar problem to what's listed above at the other end of this street). In this case, there is a manhole that the player properly should emerge from.
3. The second problem at the Main and Garrison intersection. If you head east, you will eventually wrap around and enter the intersection again from the west side. Real nice trick.
4. The sewer intersection of Church and Garrison. If you head east from this location, you will go approximately five rooms before you encounter an "Alas, Arkham By Night does not yet extend in that direction" message. Heading west once returns you to the intersection.
5. The sewer intersection and Lich and Garrison. Similar to above, you can head east 6 times before getting the "Alas..." message, but it only takes 4 moves west to return to the intersection.
6. NEW BUG: On the street maps, there are locked manholes on Pickman at the intersections with Parsonage, Walnut, and Peabody. There are also a locked manholes on Peabody at the intersections of College and Church. In theory the sewers extend beneath all of these locations (along Pickman and College, definitely; Church is a bugged area), thus there should be shafts at the appropriate locations underground. There are not. Either add shafts up, or remove the manholes. And although it's not entirely accessible, there should be a manhole at Main and Peabody (this above ground intersection is in the fog, and the sewer line in this area is buged.)

There is a minor issue of the length of each section. Between Coolidge and Garrison, the length of each of the four sewer tunnels vary in room number:
Pickman - 5
College - 5
Church - 8
Main - 7
Physically, they are all close to the same distance, but for whatever reason, the builder decided to split them into different numbers of rooms. This isn't really a bug, just something that annoys the engineer in me.

And I think I can add another tentative bug, in that you can open manholes from underneath to exit, but then on the surface, the manhole can still be closed. I haven't tested this one extensively yet, so I'm not adding it to the list at the moment (it'll take 2 people to properly test, and it's only me at the moment.) [This may be something that happens to me because of bug 2 above, and not a universal problem.]

[Originally posted by Oliver White]
Old 06-04-2008, 03:17 AM

Update on sewer problems:

1. is still quite wrong. You exit the shaft and come up 1 street to the south.
2. fixed
3. fixed (although the fix was to simply truncate the sewer line in this direction after 2 rooms.)
4. Still broken, but in a way that either I missed before, or it's a new problem. You can go east about 5 times, but when you come back west 1 time, you instantly return to a sewer shaft. HOWEVER, instead of returning to the shaft at Church and Garrison, you return to the shaft at Main and Garrison.
5. still broken
6. still broken

[Originally posted by Oliver White]
Old 06-04-2008, 06:29 AM
Steadfast Tin Soldier

Send a message via ICQ to Oliver White Send a message via MSN to Oliver White Send a message via Yahoo to Oliver White
Some of these have been partially fixed.

1 - There is now a manhole at the intersection of Main and Boundary, that properly connects to the sewer below it. The manhole does not show up in a room L or EXA, however. And the "length" of the sewer from Coolidge to Boundary is far shorter than the corresponding lengths a for the extensions to the south (3 sewer rooms compared to 5 or 6).
Old 03-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Maker of trees and shrubs

new 1 - fixed
old 4 - previously fixed by staff
old 5 - previously fixed by staff
old 6 - lots of work, and it's late. But that seems to be the only outstanding issue with regards to the sewers from this series of bug reports.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:35 PM

Flys don't eat by biting. They secrete their digestive fluids onto their preferred food, and then suck up the digested nutrients.

Fruit flies eat fruit and naturally-flavoured fruit-smelling things. They are vegetarians, and won't digest humans. I've handled them, and they're quite harmless.

I think the sewer fly may eat meat or dead things because of where it lives. But it likes sewer-smelling, bad-smelling things. And unless it's going for poop at the end of a person's butt, I doubt it can do anything to a person either.

There has been (true) news stories of pensioners in old age homes with maggots in their ear. But the people were okay. The flies just ate the dead earwax, and got flushed out with a special water-squirter from the family doctor.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Resident Irishman

Quote:
Originally Posted by riyanjason View Post
Flys don't eat by biting. They secrete their digestive fluids onto their preferred food, and then suck up the digested nutrients.

Fruit flies eat fruit and naturally-flavoured fruit-smelling things. They are vegetarians, and won't digest humans. I've handled them, and they're quite harmless.

I think the sewer fly may eat meat or dead things because of where it lives. But it likes sewer-smelling, bad-smelling things. And unless it's going for poop at the end of a person's butt, I doubt it can do anything to a person either.

There has been (true) news stories of pensioners in old age homes with maggots in their ear. But the people were okay. The flies just ate the dead earwax, and got flushed out with a special water-squirter from the family doctor.
This amused me. Sewer bugs...heh.
I do not expect the reader to believe what I am about to relate. Any sane mind must reject such a fantastic tale. And yet I do not know which would be worse: for my story to be the truth, or for my mind to be capable of imagining such things.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:23 AM

I am satisfied with you and you are in right .
Old 06-09-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riyanjason View Post
I think the sewer fly may eat meat or dead things because of where it lives. But it likes sewer-smelling, bad-smelling things. And unless arabic seo seo arabic arabic translation services it's going for poop at the end of a person's butt, I doubt it can do anything to a person either.
this is new informaion thanks

Last edited by anabil; 06-10-2014 at 08:17 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: