Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > The Eternal City > The Eternal City Game World

Old 06-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Wannabe Troll

Send a message via AIM to kaffieneaddikt Send a message via MSN to kaffieneaddikt Send a message via Yahoo to kaffieneaddikt Send a message via Skype™ to kaffieneaddikt
FYI Again!

FYI.....
Using an NPC constable to beat up on somebody while you just stand there and advance so that he can't get away, while not even pulling out your own weapon is horrible form. Constable NPCs coupled with horrible PC Constables FTW!!!

Last edited by kaffieneaddikt; 06-27-2007 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Certified Nice Guy

Send a message via ICQ to Lucentius Send a message via AIM to Lucentius Send a message via MSN to Lucentius Send a message via Skype™ to Lucentius
... okay, that is pretty bad. I mean.. even if the constable in question isn't amazingly godly, as most of them aren't, the NPCs have auto-5 sweepstrikes. Meaning the person's swept, unless they're good at rolling rise. If you can't hit a swept person without difficulty.. turn in your medallion.

Wallace mumbles to Rayq, "Are you retargoego?"
Old 06-27-2007, 09:58 AM
Free at Last

Send a message via AIM to Gorathos II Send a message via MSN to Gorathos II
lol this shouldn't surprise anyone
Old 06-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Techno-Nerd

Send a message via ICQ to dunstvangeet Send a message via AIM to dunstvangeet Send a message via MSN to dunstvangeet Send a message via Yahoo to dunstvangeet
The constables don't use sweepstrike. Sweepstrike isn't risable, I've seen people rise from constables sweeps. So, it's not sweepstrike.

Quote:
Originally posted by Marnevel
Dunstvangeet's right
Newpatriot (Aux) Snakes on your plane to Storm_queen, "Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter has a lot t do with lesbians. See, vampires find out that if they wear lesbian skin they can walk around in sunlight. So Jesus teams up with a Mexican wrestler named El Santos to fight lesbian vampires. And it's a musical."
Old 06-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Certified Nice Guy

Send a message via ICQ to Lucentius Send a message via AIM to Lucentius Send a message via MSN to Lucentius Send a message via Skype™ to Lucentius
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunstvangeet View Post
The constables don't use sweepstrike. Sweepstrike isn't risable, I've seen people rise from constables sweeps. So, it's not sweepstrike.
And i've been sweepstriked by constables. Quite frequently. They might not /always/ sweepstrike, but they do do it. Quite frequently.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:07 AM
Techno-Nerd

Send a message via ICQ to dunstvangeet Send a message via AIM to dunstvangeet Send a message via MSN to dunstvangeet Send a message via Yahoo to dunstvangeet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucentius View Post
And i've been sweepstriked by constables. Quite frequently. They might not /always/ sweepstrike, but they do do it. Quite frequently.
They don't have sweepstrike. Every single time, it's been sweep, followed by a strike right afterwords, not the same as sweepstrike. I don't know why they have no round time on sweep. However, that's not my problem.

Sweepstrike goes off the same mechanics as Clubs Leg Strike. It's not risable, but institutes no round time to stand up. What the constables use is a sweep, followed immediately by a strike.

Not to mention that sweepstrike is a custom move. I've seen no evidence that the NPC constables have access to any of the custom moves.

Quote:
Originally posted by Marnevel
Dunstvangeet's right
Newpatriot (Aux) Snakes on your plane to Storm_queen, "Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter has a lot t do with lesbians. See, vampires find out that if they wear lesbian skin they can walk around in sunlight. So Jesus teams up with a Mexican wrestler named El Santos to fight lesbian vampires. And it's a musical."
Old 06-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Certified Nice Guy

Quote:
lift pou from const
A constable seizes your hand and frowns.
A constable moves to follow you.
[Success: 5, Roll: 14] With a quick forward rotation, a constable brings the end of quarterstave down and strikes at you! You suffer a small bruise to your left arm.
A constable moves to follow you.
The bandage around your left arm restricts your movement.
[Success: 5, Roll: 14] With a fluid motion, a constable brings his quarterstave in a downward sweeping arc aimed at your legs knocking you down! Continuing the spinning motion, a constable then brings around the opposite end of the weapon to strike! You suffer a small bruise to your left hand.
You are no longer busy.
submit
You are now passive.
You are stripped of your belongings and hauled off to jail.

Let's see.. with a fluid motion.. sweeping arc.. yeah.. that's sweep.. continuing the spinning motion to.. strike.. yeah i'd call that sweepstrike.

Unless you know of a different staves skillset to which the rest of the game is unfamilliar with, Dunst. Is that the case? Because i'm interested in learning more.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Free at Last

Send a message via AIM to Gorathos II Send a message via MSN to Gorathos II
Quote:
They don't have sweepstrike. Every single time, it's been sweep, followed by a strike right afterwords, not the same as sweepstrike. I don't know why they have no round time on sweep. However, that's not my problem.

Sweepstrike goes off the same mechanics as Clubs Leg Strike. It's not risable, but institutes no round time to stand up. What the constables use is a sweep, followed immediately by a strike.

Not to mention that sweepstrike is a custom move. I've seen no evidence that the NPC constables have access to any of the custom moves.
ROFL

Old 06-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Wannabe Troll

Send a message via AIM to kaffieneaddikt Send a message via MSN to kaffieneaddikt Send a message via Yahoo to kaffieneaddikt Send a message via Skype™ to kaffieneaddikt
Dunst your a moron. I'd just like to point this out. In the altercation to which this thread is referring to, a certain constable watched and only advanced as the NPC constable next to him utilized the sweepstrike manuever at least 5 times. Open your eyes before you try opening your mouth.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Constables can sweepstrike hidden people, and 90 percent of the constables have auto-5 sweepstrikes
Old 06-27-2007, 11:44 AM

Constables have sweepstrike. They were updated to prevent the amount of people using the rolling rise combat bonus to fight them. The NPC's used sweep despite it not working as they have an AI script.

On occasion I've had NPC's fight for me, mind you I was carrying about 150 pounds of stuff and someone jumped me, but it's not supposed to be common practice, if you see this report it to the constables superiors or file an @report.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Gone for good

Send a message via ICQ to TEC_Ghuan Send a message via AIM to TEC_Ghuan Send a message via MSN to TEC_Ghuan
Quote:

As was said over and over: you're a moron.

This is how the NPC constable AI works:

Constable generally starts with swat (from my experience). They will fail to hit and then two seconds after, they will use a nice auto-5 sweepstrike if they are stationary constables. If they aren't stationary constable, they usually are much weaker, but I haven't attempted to fight NPC constables in 6-7 months now, if not more, but it was the way it worked. After they use the auto-5 sweepstrike, they will use snapstrike or simplestrike right away - I can't remember which. They don't auto-attack only after sweeps, they also do it after sweepstrikes.

Furthermore, legstrike and sweepstrike don't work the same way at all. Even at very high ranks, it is impossible for legstrike to make you fall at +5 over (if I remember correctly, legstrike will make you fall at +15/20 at high ranks) the success while sweepstrike at high ranks will make someone fall at +1.

Let's take this a little further and show how you have no idea about game mechanics. Most people usually carry a light or moderate load which is usually a 2+MoS or 3+MoS for standing up. Also, as soon as you hit the floor, there is a chance that the constable will hit you on the head and stun you, making it impossible for you to stand up right away. Once you are in the standing up roundtime, the constables will usually sweepstrike again and you will be stuck on the ground with a roundtime this time around.

Sweepstrike doesn't give you a roundtime, but it doesn't remove the current roundtimes you are in either.

---

In other words, stop being a pussy boy and start training in order to learn the game mechanics.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:16 PM
The Jerk

Send a message via AIM to Eddy Send a message via MSN to Eddy Send a message via Skype™ to Eddy
That was one mighty Brazilian Beatdown.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Gone for good

Send a message via ICQ to TEC_Ghuan Send a message via AIM to TEC_Ghuan Send a message via MSN to TEC_Ghuan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
That was one mighty Brazilian Beatdown.
I could've brought another point forward, but I don't feel like making the said statement public since constables could abuse it - a very powerful way of abusing NPC constables. I'm not going to comment on it any further, but I'm pretty sure the GM's never fixed the imbalance.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:26 PM

The stationary constables almost always follow up sweepstrike with a no rt attack, usually snapstrike.

And after having fought/tested almost every npc lawkeeper ig within the past two months.....The chance of sweepstrike or snapstrike stunning you was near 1 in 3 times the combo was used.

Oh and if anyone ever thinks NPC constables are fair I will be happy to put up some of my recent experiences with them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: