Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > The Eternal City > The Eternal City Game World

Old 05-30-2005, 12:15 PM
The Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pila Send a message via Yahoo to Pila
Seriously, how many times do I have to post this before it sinks in?

I know that it wasn't an accusation, it implied it.

Just because she had accused him of bug abuse in the forums in the past, does not make it any more acceptable in the present.

I was not making an issue out of it, I merely posted that she should not of mentioned a name at all. She could of made the example without referring to his name, if she needed the example at all.("Like I have in the past").

Be done with the argument, you are the one who started it. I simply said it was unnecessary to bring in his name, which it clearly was, and you had to claim it was me being hypersensitive in the issue. So, I explained why I made the comment and from there stemmed this little argument because you fail to see the fact that she should not be discussing his account and actions within that account. She might have done it so many times in the past, and that her mentioning his name was a very small thing compared to those..but she should still NOT discuss it in the forums in any sense, her bringing up his name in her past accusations of bug abuse..or her implying that he was a bug abuser IS included in that.

Any bug abuse that he might of done IS in the past and should not be discussed unless he brought it up, using her discussing his bug abuse inappropriately in the past as an excuse that she could in the present and future is ignorant.

I must stress, that this is not me getting worked up over something as stupid as this. This is me defending a simple comment that you seem to find hypersensitive, with an explanation that might give you that impression.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:54 PM

You're reading entirely too much into the comment, and the situation. Next it'll be Big Brother's out to get you or something.

No need to continue this discussion. Go back to 8th grade and take an english class. Or, read a dictionary. I hear Merriam-Websters' is pretty good.

"I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt. I'm a surprise, Kevin. They never see me comin'." - Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

It's scientific fact that intelligence is directly proportional to the number of idiots you piss off.
Quote:
Originally posted by Japes
To quote Bruce, "Ego sum rex Romanus, et super gramattica."

Last edited by Sceadu; 04-14-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:42 PM
The Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Mast3rMind
Dude, simply put- you're retarded.

You're reading entirely too much into the comment, and the situation. Next it'll be Big Brother's out to get you or something.

No need to continue this discussion. Go back to 8th grade and take an english class. Or, read a dictionary. I hear Merriam-Websters' is pretty good.
I'd respond to that, but I would basicly be qouting everything you just posted.

Oh wait..I just did, so I'll just use your words.

Dude, simply put- you're retarded.

Old 05-30-2005, 02:52 PM
Hawt!! ^^^^^

oh good f'ing god.. can M3M please be banned from the forums again? It was so much nicer around here w/o him starting/fueling all these stupid arse arguments about how he is superior to everyone on the earth.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:57 PM
The Banned

I wonder if he even reads the posts before he responds, or if he just skims them over before repeating what he said in his last post and uses his generic "Take an english class"/"Learn reading comprehension" response.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Leminarflow
oh good f'ing god.. can M3M please be banned from the forums again? It was so much nicer around here w/o him starting/fueling all these stupid arse arguments about how he is superior to everyone on the earth.
You do realize you're the biggest hypocrite in existence, yes?

My comments weren't to preen my own feathers or to say I'm superior to anyone else. They were simply to point out people being particularly silly in misreading things. Damn me for trying to show people errors.

Do you really think it's nicer around here without me, between the off-color comments by not only you, but Urek, Pila, Isle, Blackening, and countless others, in addition to Blackenings' endless semantical debates, Dunstvangeets'... crap, and other exercises in silliness?

These forums aren't a nice place. If you don't like the fact that my voice (a rather insignificant one, at that) has joined the din, well, I suggest valium.

"I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt. I'm a surprise, Kevin. They never see me comin'." - Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

It's scientific fact that intelligence is directly proportional to the number of idiots you piss off.
Quote:
Old 05-31-2005, 09:12 AM

And you just proved my point, Isle, thanks.

Did you take that Midol yet?

Quote:
Old 05-31-2005, 09:17 AM
Portland, Oregon .

M3M

Uhmm...

Why are you trying to show people's errors? Why not encourage people? Set an example of good RP for others to follow and learn from?
Old 05-31-2005, 09:22 AM
daucus carota

Actually, Isle is right. Now, by all means, call me a retard, MM.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:40 AM
The Banned

Quote:

My comments weren't to preen my own feathers or to say I'm superior to anyone else. They were simply to point out people being particularly silly in misreading things. Damn me for trying to show people errors.

Do you really think it's nicer around here without me, between the off-color comments by not only you, but Urek, Pila, Isle, Blackening, and countless others, in addition to Blackenings' endless semantical debates, Dunstvangeets'... crap, and other exercises in silliness?

These forums aren't a nice place. If you don't like the fact that my voice (a rather insignificant one, at that) has joined the din, well, I suggest valium.
Wow, you really still don't get it..do you? Okay, I'll spell it out for you. We did not misread the thread. We were simply saying that..she..should..not..of..mentioned...his..name. .at ALL. It..was...unnecessary, regardless of what context. She did not need to relate his name with bug abuse..even if it was simply her referring to her past actions. That is all I was saying, if you don't agree..then okay with me, you don't need to get all hypersensitive about it and try to insult my reading comprehension.

Atleast most of us can go two posts without insulting someone's intelligence, even if we don't always make very agreeable or nice posts.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:39 AM
Portland, Oregon .

I got banned once in the pre-skotos days. It was when proclaim to the GMs was still active, early 2001 perhaps?

On a saturday morning, I had my fighter in the lower sewers looking for a snake to sap. I marched around the lower sewers for like 25 minutes with nothing there. Really ticked me off.

I @proclaimed a bit too much before a 2X4 smacked me.

I wrote TEC an email and an apologized about my actions. I got a reply back about the 'evil spamming" of the proclaim channel. I was reinstated within a day or two.

...There...

I am an evil as everyone else. Hate me?

Old 05-31-2005, 10:57 AM
The Banned

You bastard! I was once put in nowhere for that, but they didn't ban me.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:14 AM
The Banned

Low intelligence is a disabity just like any other, how's it better to insult that?
Old 05-31-2005, 11:31 AM
3776 and counting...

Send a message via AIM to Dragonus Send a message via MSN to Dragonus
Quote:

Wow, you're the biggest instigator in these forums. Please quit trying to belittle everyone else. The comment was between Isle and Miriam, and yet you seem to try to play the big protective brother and save her from a small, very justifiable, comment Isle made to not use his name when refering to bug abuse, without proper evidence.

Quote:
Isle, Miriam isn't going to start a cat-fight with you. Go do your hair and wax your mustache.
You forgot to add at the end, "...So I'll do it for her."

Yes the voice of one person is insignificant, but when it beats into your head with every 18K+ posts, it gets to people.

Post to get things off your chest, then relax. Should try it sometimes. (but sadly your post count might not rise as fast)

Sorry for the entirely off topic post people.

Old 05-31-2005, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Carrot Flower
Actually, Isle is right. Now, by all means, call me a retard, MM.
Isle's right about what, precisely, CF?

Why in particular would I call you a retard?

Quote:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: