Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > The Eternal City > The Eternal City Game World

Old 05-29-2005, 10:44 PM
I am not SirLocke v3.01

Send a message via AIM to SirLocke
Unhappy

I'm very sensitive about my hypersensivity. That was very mean of you to poke fun at.
'Scott responds from afar, "You can share the poop with me too."'
'Scott responds from afar, "Idjit."'
'Bruce responds from afar, "Would you drop that bush, please?"'
'Testudo responds from afar, "What exactly is a 'magical' berry?"'
'Bactrian responds from afar, "Well that's freakish."'
'You sit down in a recliner covered in SirLocke's pants.'
'You are holding Bruce in both hands.'
'You are holding Bruce in your arms.'
'Jenn responds from afar, "roflmao"'
'Japes says, "What? No one's found the holy grail and the magical sword of the worm temple yet? Wow."'
'Japes says, "Oops. Shouldn't mention anything."'
'Japes says to you, "Sorry, PK tickets aren't available on buildings."'
'Jenn responds from afar, "Stop trying to aim weapon catch, you silly man."'
-Within these forums rest my legacy-
There's no "I" in "team," but there is in "winner."
In Loving Memory... 11/27/05-12/01/05
------------------------------------------------
Old 05-29-2005, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mast3rMind
Uh, did she give a concrete example of any alleged bug abuse with Isle? No.

She simply said, "Like with Isle," meaning that in the past, she implicated him in bug abuses. She didn't say how, why, or when. See? It's general. Non-specific. A simple point of reference meaning that at some point in time in the past, she accused Isle of bug abuse. I didn't see anything at all in her post that gave specifics about the manner in which Isle allegedly abused a bug. No mention of, for example, an alleged abuse of a tailoring bug, or an abuse of the bandage-selling bug. If you could pull anything specific out of her post, by all means, do so. As it stands she only said that she accused Isle of abusing bugs in the past.

Understanding the english language is great, isn't it?
She really did not need to mention a name its pretty obvious that she was just trying to get people to think of Isle as a bug abuser.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:43 PM

*flail*

You people act as if this is some shocking new development that should be played on CNN.

The simple fact of the matter is: in the past, Miriam publically accused Isle of abusing bugs (in these forums), and she stated that she would not do anything of the sort again.

That's all she said. She wasn't trying to hijack the thread (at least I don't think she was), she was simply saying that doing so (as the tongue-in cheeck accusation of Pila abusing bugs was) was inappropriate. Any offense taken by the comment was, quite simply, hypersensitivity.

To use your example, Isle:

Quote:
Even though she wasnt being specific, was it really nessacary she put my name in? Lets go by your line of thinking.
As the example freshest in her mind, does it really matter? She could have used Coldfinger, Histasius, Glitterbane, (I know they're the same but it's just an example) or any other dozens of people who've abused bugs in the past. As there's been a long history of back and forth between you two, I suppose it stands to reason that in reference to accusations in the forums, yours would be the first to come to mind. Is she picking on you? I doubt it. From what I know of Miriam and her humor if she wanted to pick on you, you probably wouldn't realize it until it was pointed out to you.

Quote:
If I called you a retard, would that make it acceptable because I didnt go into detail? Even though she didnt be specific like you said, it still makes me look bad and it isnt acceptable.
You could call me a retard if you wanted, sure. Would I care? No. Would I be offended? No.

In my opinion, you've done far more than any one person could ever do to you to make you look bad in the forums, so taking offense at Miriams' comment is a moot point. But let's not get into that one. To put it simply, why in particular do you care that she says that? Is it any more (or less) offensive than my teasing you about your androgyny**? It seems silly that you'd be up in arms about this.

Quote:
I urge Miriam or anyone for that matter to get some solid proof that I abuse bugs. This whole thread isnt even about bugs, she took it way off topic.
Note that she hasn't posted since she made her comment. Notice that it's been predominantly you, and Pila, who've been crying havoc over her comment. She's not the one who took it off topic. Look in the mirror, you've been making a mountain out of a molehill.

Really, do you all need to go to remedial english?

**androgyny is when you display characteristics of both male and female. Like you being called the Hanson Sister, Isle.

"I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt. I'm a surprise, Kevin. They never see me comin'." - Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

It's scientific fact that intelligence is directly proportional to the number of idiots you piss off.
Quote:
Originally posted by Japes
To quote Bruce, "Ego sum rex Romanus, et super gramattica."
Old 05-30-2005, 01:57 AM
Bad Dancer

Quote:
I got robbed why I was dozing off in the baths
If by dozing, you mean the regular 'daydreaming' that we have all done...either sleep and wait in the W/A until your back if you had to go AFK, make sure you're in totally trusted company that will still be there when you return, or if you're browsing the forums or Net while resting be sure to minimize the new page to a suitable level and move it to the far right of your screen with TEC on the far left...that way you can see if someone makes any contact with you, enters etc.

As far as Policy goes, it shouldn't be done at all. If you're not gonna be at your keyboard then you should log out. However people do it, so just make sure you can see the TEC screen still if you are browsing.

Quote:
I got beaten right as I got off the ferry by some Ijit that asked be to show him how to get to the island
Can't blame yourself for this though, you thought you were helping someone and I'd assume that's just the way you/your character is. With the exception of just not helping anyone, you're always gonna get people that will stab you in the back, in all walks of life, even in TEC.

Quote:
but anyone got and ideas or stories dealing with thieves and ijits?
Some of the funniest stories have usually been from some of the Constables (ex too) that dealt with Theives or the more Idiotic ones at least 8) One of the best Constables in my opinion, made a habit of snapping backs. While at the same time being one of the most lenient and understanding if you didn't piss him around, he was one of few that I'd ever give myself up to willingly should the need have arised and totally trusted even though we weren't 'buddies' or anything. Constables usually deal with them in an efficient manner, can't knock 'em for doing their jobs at an exceptional level. I'd go crazy if I had to deal with people like that every day 8)

Quote:
I'm really curious to hear how some of you older members protect the money that you have all worked so hard to earn.
And for answering your main quesion:

Bank it, Bank every last bit of coin unless you need to take some out for training/spending.
Try and keep 4-8 cents on you at all times just for emergencies.
Later on you can make sure all four Banks have coin in them again for emergency purposes.

Wear a Sagum or Paenula -over- your Sack, you can still get to it yourself, but it gives those slicers a harder time stealing from you.
Wear a pouch of some sorts under armor too, use that for your daily coin.
Other than that, a fair Defence/Offence would assist in situations like that, to warn off the Offender, but don't forget that it's part of a Constables job to deal with people like that.
The only time I'd retaliate enough to knock the person out is if they got something special of mine, sometimes you never get the things back 'cos they've been stashed.

Jubey
Old 05-30-2005, 02:07 AM

Coulda sworn you said you weren't posting anymore, Mast3rMind. Especially with a banned account.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:47 AM
The Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pila Send a message via Yahoo to Pila
Quote:
Originally posted by Mast3rMind
Note that she hasn't posted since she made her comment. Notice that it's been predominantly you, and Pila, who've been crying havoc over her comment. She's not the one who took it off topic. Look in the mirror, you've been making a mountain out of a molehill.
I made two quick comments, I hardly see that as crying havoc compared to your page long post. The fact is, that it does not matter if it was a simple example. She may of had past experience with Isle and bug abuse, but it is not her place to bring a name into it, no matter what the case. She did not need the example, the point would of went by perfectly well without it.

If you want to IM and PM everyone about who is a bug abuser, or whatever, feel free, but you shouldn't associate names in the forums, unless a GM or the person in question has made it public themselves. Considering it's against GM policy to do so, you shouldn't unless the player themselves makes it public.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:54 AM
Doesnt type good w STress

Send a message via MSN to xiaozh
Thanks for your insight Jubey.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:34 AM
mouse at a cat convention

Quote:
Originally posted by Isle harten
Pila is correct, the example she was trying to make could of been made just as easily without my name being used as a example. Its just that simple Mastermind, seriously I thought youre supposed to be smart? How can that simple logic fly over your head?

And you say WE hijacked the thread? the discussion was between Miriam and myself. How come you always find it your duty to weasle your way into other peoples convosations?
One time I was at a meeting and there was this attractive woman who got some attention, practically everybody knew her name. And some guy was making a generally tasteless speech and he made the claim that Cindy wasn't into group sex. She got offended and she told everybody who'd listen how offended she was that he mentioned her and group sex. She was *real* offended.

Everybody would have mostly forgotten that one off-color comment, but she made such a big deal about it that after that everybody I talked with who mentioned her automatically thought about group sex whenever her name came up.

It isn't fair. But a word to the wise....
Old 05-30-2005, 12:06 PM
The Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by roadstrom
One time I was at a meeting and there was this attractive woman who got some attention, practically everybody knew her name. And some guy was making a generally tasteless speech and he made the claim that Cindy wasn't into group sex. She got offended and she told everybody who'd listen how offended she was that he mentioned her and group sex. She was *real* offended.

Everybody would have mostly forgotten that one off-color comment, but she made such a big deal about it that after that everybody I talked with who mentioned her automatically thought about group sex whenever her name came up.

It isn't fair. But a word to the wise....
He said she wasn't into group sex, Miriam implied Isle WAS a bug offender..not that he was just mentioned with it. As far as I can see, he isn't making a big deal about a one time case that would probably just go away and that this isn't the first time she brought up his name. That was just my impression.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:19 PM
Urbicidal Dendrolator

Send a message via AIM to Miriam Send a message via MSN to Miriam
Public Forum References:

Forum Banning:

On 09-05-2004 Isle Harten posted:

"I got banned once, so i made another forum name."

Account banning:

On 09-06-2003 Isle posted:

"Darstan ( adroytus's cousin that got deleted somehow when my account was banned)."

Otherwise, the only cogent response I can give is YHBT.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:21 PM

No, she didn't, for crying out loud.

She used Isle as a reference for -HER- (Miriam's) past behavior, and how similar bug abuse accusations (such as the comment that accused you, Pila, of abusing bugs) were inappropriate. It was not to accuse Isle of abusing a bug. LEARN BASIC READING COMPREHENSION!!!!!!

"I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt. I'm a surprise, Kevin. They never see me comin'." - Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

It's scientific fact that intelligence is directly proportional to the number of idiots you piss off.
Quote:
Old 05-30-2005, 12:39 PM
The Banned

Are you seriously that freaking dumb? I UNDERSTAND THE FACT SHE WAS NOT ACCUSING HIM OF BUG ABUSE. LEARN FRICKING BASIC READING COMPREHENSION. She used Isle as a reference of HER past behavior, which just happened to imply that Isle had been abusing bugs..which resulted in HER past behavior.

He made public that he was banned, he did not make public why he was banned...

Quote:
Originally posted by Pila
If you want to IM and PM everyone about who is a bug abuser, or whatever, feel free, but you shouldn't associate names in the forums, unless a GM or the person in question has made it public themselves. Considering it's against GM policy to do so, you shouldn't unless the player themselves makes it public.
Yes, YHBT is very cogent. It's too bad all that time you went looking for those two posts was wasted, considering it doesn't even apply to what I said. I am banned, I have made that obvious. You don't know why I am banned, I have not made it public and the GMs sure as hell haven't. Therefore, it's NOT your place to talk about why I am banned, in the public forums atleast. The same works for Isle. When you actually find a post of him saying "I abused so and so bug" then I'll take back what I said, until then..please post intelligently
Old 05-30-2005, 12:49 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Attica Send a message via MSN to Attica Send a message via Skype™ to Attica
I don't think she meant it in offense, and I don't think he did either. He was offended by it, but was trying his best to be civil, as was she.

Let's not gang up on each other here, OK?
Old 05-30-2005, 12:51 PM
The Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Attica
I don't think she meant it in offense, and I don't think he did either. He was offended by it, but was trying his best to be civil, as was she.

Let's not gang up on each other here, OK?
I didn't mean anything in offense either, in my first couple posts. I was simply saying that she should not of put his name in there, if she meant it in offense or not.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:56 PM

Dude, you're reading far too much into her posts. It wasn't an accusation that Isle abused bugs. It was an example of the behavior she had exhibited against one person in particular. She didn't state how he supposedly did, merely that she accused him in public. What authority does Miriam have, in your eyes, that would make her statement place some sort of stigma on Isle? Yes, it's public knowledge that Miriam had, repeatedly, accused Isle of abusing bugs in the forums. Why's it an issue to mention it now, vaguely, to illustrate how accusing -anyone- of bug abuse in the forums is inappropriate? Would you, or he, suddenly like to erase the past? I'm sorry, but you can't. She did it. She remembers. I remember. Lots of people remember. No sense in you getting upset because in issue of public knowledge is resurrected.

I'm done with this argument, which is really pointless, and stupid, Pila.

Quote:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: