Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > The Eternal City > The Eternal City Game World

Old 05-29-2005, 10:07 AM
Iridine's Hero

Send a message via AIM to Marnevel
I knew what your post was about and responded to it accordingly.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:12 AM
The Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pila Send a message via Yahoo to Pila
Quote:
Originally posted by Unauthorized
Or you could just do what this guy did and abuse game mechanics, making yourself filthy rich.
Hahaha, if only you knew what the heck you were talking about. You might want to try to add something positive to what he asked, instead of being a flaming prick.

I posted the two good for loot, I don't think there are any as good as that..is there?
Old 05-29-2005, 11:02 AM
Bad Dancer

Quote:
I knew what your post was about and responded to it accordingly.
Sorry, seems I'm narrow-minded enough to merely go by what he posted and responded to that being the abuse as he used that particular quote...

I'm damned if I know what other kind of abuse goes on IG or who by for that matter, and I'd rather not get caught up in it.

Maybe you coulda been a little more informative like: "That isn't what he did at all, he's talking about other stuff that's been going on", instead of "where did you get this from".
I got it going by the quote in his post...some people actually bitch about things like that...

Don't assume everyone knows what kinda scandelous pricks and happenings that goes on in this game, some of us actually like to not know the bad elements, or make it a thing to keep away.

I obviously didn't know there was more to it than was was posted, maybe people should be more clear when they want to implicate things.

Jubey
Old 05-29-2005, 11:52 AM
Urbicidal Dendrolator

Send a message via AIM to Miriam Send a message via MSN to Miriam
The forums aren't the place to implicate people in bug abuse.

I know I've done that in the past (like with Isle). But now that I am 30 years old, I will stop acting like a baby. I will act like a mature elementary-school tattletale and @report abuse to the GMs.

Believe me, they know who cheats and they work hard to catch 'em.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:13 PM
I am not SirLocke v3.01

Send a message via AIM to SirLocke
Lorican's a bug abuser. I saw him fracture a carrion beetle's eye. He clearly abused that bug.
'Scott responds from afar, "You can share the poop with me too."'
'Scott responds from afar, "Idjit."'
'Bruce responds from afar, "Would you drop that bush, please?"'
'Testudo responds from afar, "What exactly is a 'magical' berry?"'
'Bactrian responds from afar, "Well that's freakish."'
'You sit down in a recliner covered in SirLocke's pants.'
'You are holding Bruce in both hands.'
'You are holding Bruce in your arms.'
'Jenn responds from afar, "roflmao"'
'Japes says, "What? No one's found the holy grail and the magical sword of the worm temple yet? Wow."'
'Japes says, "Oops. Shouldn't mention anything."'
'Japes says to you, "Sorry, PK tickets aren't available on buildings."'
'Jenn responds from afar, "Stop trying to aim weapon catch, you silly man."'
-Within these forums rest my legacy-
There's no "I" in "team," but there is in "winner."
In Loving Memory... 11/27/05-12/01/05
------------------------------------------------
Old 05-29-2005, 02:00 PM

Miriam's turning into a soccer mom! [/joke]

Anyway, as for making money, this is something I've figured is pretty good.

For beginners, skinning feathers from gulls, and shells from crabs and snappers is a decent way to get maybe 100-200d per outing on signaltower. If you've got a group with you, taking daggers and emptying pouches from corpses in the alleys will also make you some coin. The old city is a bit risky, but will still give decent payoff if you have a skinner with you.

For intermediates, I'd say going to the burnt villa in a group, or even the vale, would get you a bit of money. Wasp wings and beetle shells earn a fair bit. The old city will probably become your bread and butter, at this point. Going to the Monlon catacombs will be good in a group. The brigand treehouse or swamp bandit complex are also fairly good to go to as a group as well. Caravans will certainly help, though the Vetallun-Blackvine run might be a little risky for you, depending on whether or not ruffians/rogues spawn on the trip.

For more advanced, you more or less have the run of the gameworld. Grey Sands and the Treehouse will probably provide the biggest return for your efforts. At this point the Caravans would also be a good route to go- you'd get 1250 per round trip, in addition to whatever you manage to loot from the corpses of those who attacked you.
----------

As for bringing the Ravines back- I'd say no, not only because of the roleplaying element involved (the routing of Cineran forces from Monlon), but for the unbalancing effect the return of money was from the area (at least under the old system, now, as Cinerans appear to be a little easier, this would probably get that much worse). Not to mention, with the current Blackroot expansion project in the works by Japes, I have a feeling there's going to be more than sufficient restoration of a 'challenge' for the top-end fighters.

SirLocke's the biggest abuser of them all. His account needs Pwiped because of the incessant bugginess of his characters. *nod*

"I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt. I'm a surprise, Kevin. They never see me comin'." - Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

It's scientific fact that intelligence is directly proportional to the number of idiots you piss off.
Quote:
Originally posted by Japes
To quote Bruce, "Ego sum rex Romanus, et super gramattica."
Old 05-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Doesnt type good w STress

Send a message via MSN to xiaozh
thanks everyone for the bundles of information I've learned. I after I went to the auction I really know how much gold is in Iridine (100 tal for a gladius Go Malezzerai!).

But I have another topic that I think kinda fits into the subject title. Today, I got robbed why I was dozing off in the baths, then after the auction, I got beaten right as I got off the ferry by some Ijit that asked be to show him how to get to the island. (stupid me) get away alright (thanks again Tris) but anyone got and ideas or stories dealing with thieves and ijits?

I'm really curious to hear how some of you older members protect the money that you have all worked so hard to earn.
Quote:
Go Saxes!
Old 05-29-2005, 07:40 PM

First best way to avoid thieves is to wear a paenula or sagum. Second best way is to not trust anyone, until your character gets good enough to defend themselves somewhat well.

Isle, Miriam isn't going to start a cat-fight with you. Go do your hair and wax your mustache.

"I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt. I'm a surprise, Kevin. They never see me comin'." - Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

It's scientific fact that intelligence is directly proportional to the number of idiots you piss off.
Quote:
Old 05-29-2005, 08:29 PM

I fail to see what was unnecessary about her comment. She wasn't sniping at you; she was simply using you as a point of reference for past behavior of hers.

Oh, and your attempt at an insult was -really-, -really- subpar. That time of the month, eh? I guess all that estrogen must do awful things to you. Maybe taking a midol with your daily vegemite would help?

Quote:
Old 05-29-2005, 08:50 PM
The Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by xiaozh
thanks everyone for the bundles of information I've learned. I after I went to the auction I really know how much gold is in Iridine (100 tal for a gladius Go Malezzerai!).

But I have another topic that I think kinda fits into the subject title. Today, I got robbed why I was dozing off in the baths, then after the auction, I got beaten right as I got off the ferry by some Ijit that asked be to show him how to get to the island. (stupid me) get away alright (thanks again Tris) but anyone got and ideas or stories dealing with thieves and ijits?

I'm really curious to hear how some of you older members protect the money that you have all worked so hard to earn.
The bank, and/or ACM ranks. Wear a sagum, and don't go into anyone's inn room unless you trust them with your life? Well, that's not really important unless you pissed some people off big time.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:53 PM
The Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Mast3rMind
I fail to see what was unnecessary about her comment. She wasn't sniping at you; she was simply using you as a point of reference for past behavior of hers.

Oh, and your attempt at an insult was -really-, -really- subpar. That time of the month, eh? I guess all that estrogen must do awful things to you. Maybe taking a midol with your daily vegemite would help?
The whole "(like with Isle)" seemed a bit unnecessary to me. I think everyone got what she meant, she didn't have to bring up an example that included his name.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:00 PM

She was simply giving an example, using the most obvious one at that (as there's quite the history of fighting between the two in the forums).

To get upset about that just seems like... hypersensitivity. No way of changing the fact that it -did- actually happen, y'know?

Quote:
Old 05-29-2005, 09:09 PM
The Banned

Nah, it's not her place to discuss other people's bug abusage in the forums. Giving it as an example, is the same. Follow what you preach.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:34 PM

Uh, did she give a concrete example of any alleged bug abuse with Isle? No.

She simply said, "Like with Isle," meaning that in the past, she implicated him in bug abuses. She didn't say how, why, or when. See? It's general. Non-specific. A simple point of reference meaning that at some point in time in the past, she accused Isle of bug abuse. I didn't see anything at all in her post that gave specifics about the manner in which Isle allegedly abused a bug. No mention of, for example, an alleged abuse of a tailoring bug, or an abuse of the bandage-selling bug. If you could pull anything specific out of her post, by all means, do so. As it stands she only said that she accused Isle of abusing bugs in the past.

Understanding the english language is great, isn't it?

Quote:
Old 05-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Attica Send a message via MSN to Attica Send a message via Skype™ to Attica
Everyone is hypersensitive.
Everyone needs to lay off.
The forums should be disabled.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: