Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > Monsters! Monsters! > Grendel's Revenge Discussion

Old 01-26-2005, 08:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to Unwary
Ideas/Suggestions

So, what are some ideas/suggestions that would make this game better for everyone?

Every now and then a good idea pops in my head, but I don't post every one. Like the idea of being able to play a trainable human character, purchasing it with some system of points that you earn for the time that you spend playing the game. StoryPoints come once a month, and others are earned through getting new people to play. They are not easy to come by, so I think that a new reward system of points earned by the amount of time spent playing the game each day would greatly boost the morale of the playerbase.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:55 AM

more dungeon/quests like the tower would be a great boon
Old 01-26-2005, 09:01 AM

Oh, I forgot to say that I'm not ignoring the recent things that have been implemented, those are fine (the dungeon, arena, golems). I do, however, think that there are some good ideas out there that would better the dynamics of the game. Some things that would benefit Shamans, Mages, Warriors, Builders, ect...As well as Tier 1 through 7, and all levels of social monsters. There is a lot of potential in this game, and we should not depend on the GMs to have to think up all of the ideas.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:54 AM
New Orleans Levy Inspectr

Send a message via AIM to Farquaa Send a message via MSN to Farquaa
I am extremely happy with all the changes made in game minus one in which I had no say in (Thanks for your efforts concerning BT Jinn!), I would say many of the updates have been based on Player input and will continue to do so (Love whirlwind!).

Arena Gambling: Monsters betting on other monsters will create a larger audience and observers on the ledges as well as a new level of interaction. Instead of Gold it can be favor? Karma? a combination of the three? Just thought of this a couple of minutes ago so its still in development.

Arena Challenge: Challenge a Monster in Glorious bloody Combat! This feature would utilize Ipquin as a sort of middleman, a monster issues a challenge to another monster , the other monster speaks to Ipquin and chooses to accept or refuse. Winner wins favor or karma.

Mirror image/Mirage: Dont know if this would be a shaman or magical attack, the premise of this abiltiy is for the caster to create a clone of himself confusing the attacker. The more ranks in it the longer the Mirror Image's duration lasts (higher HP as well?). I have not decided yet whether the caster could control it or if it just imitates the true monster's movements.

Thats it for now!
Old 01-26-2005, 10:58 AM
Hatefully Useless

Send a message via AIM to Jinn
Quote:
Originally posted by Farquaa
I am extremely happy with all the changes made in game minus one in which I had no say in (Thanks for your efforts concerning BT Jinn!)

Mirror image/Mirage: Dont know if this would be a shaman or magical attack, the premise of this abiltiy is for the caster to create a clone of himself confusing the attacker. The more ranks in it the longer the Mirror Image's duration lasts (higher HP as well?). I have not decided yet whether the caster could control it or if it just imitates the true monster's movements.

Well thats what happens when you dont go to the meetings Japes holds..

And theres a skill coming out for mages called Illusion, I wouldnt be surprised if it was something like mirror image.

To toss in a suggestion of my own, dont let arena guardians or tower spawn count tward the monster kill board, its throwing the real numbers off. It use to be a board for those who PvPed, now its leaning more tward whoever stomps the most guardians.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:56 AM

1.) Critical Hits:

Similar to how the Critical hits work in TEC... completely random, with completely random damage... within reason of course. This adds excitement back to an otherwise boring duel or hunting trip.

2.) Out door structures skill set for builders.

Walls
Watch Towers
Gates

3.) Ugly encampments that are destroyable.

This has been discussed before, give those builders something to do.

Just a couple.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:30 AM

Great Idea about outside structures...I love it!

Every lair/den could have a ZOC, much smaller that the lair of course, but it would still be there...I would then think that it could lead to stuctures that could be warded or fortified...A success rate for flying over or assaulting a wall...

I'd also like to see more random spawns of Humans...By random, I mean that a group could pop up without a monster in site. These groups could roam Uthgol and then be hunted, regardless of their skill. Small monsters would have to scan the area and know to stay away from stronger humans. High level monsters would get no favor, but they would still count as kills...Just a thought.

Thanks to Tanz for the Pic

Feldin The Mana Snorting Sphinx
Old 01-27-2005, 12:48 PM

More spawning in general would be nice.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:31 AM
Hatefully Useless

Send a message via AIM to Jinn
Make golem parts something that humans steal..Ive noticed theres a good amount of random golem parts littering the map, it'd be nice if the roaming spawns could clean up a bit.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:22 AM
Aggressive Pacifist

I have found the book of Gruntology, Maybee making other RARE books that gave
1.)vague details on skills( even possibley new hidden skill )
2.)Places
3.) New and old quest
3.)History of some of the monsters ( low cost story points purchase )
4.)Books that when read increase the stats a small percent then burn up ( ie a book of dodging that raises agility 5%)
5.)Or some of the history and stories of the games.

I'm sure anyone can run wild this.

First of the Dragoons.
Leader of Leaders.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:57 PM
Aggressive Pacifist

Another suggestion would be allow Leaders and builder that have warrior to gain favor for their warrior's kills. Of course they should not get the full favor that a warrior,mage,or shaman would get but since they are still killing and using a minion to do so they should at least get like 10% of the favor or maybee a little more. It would be REALLY nice to see some gain from killing humans.

First of the Dragoons.
Leader of Leaders.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:03 PM

There was a time when I'd agree with that, when leaders and builders (especially miners) were some of the slowest-levelling characters in the game. The idea makes sense, but I think in the interest of balance it's better to keep it the way it is.

Ah, and you do get some favor for the kill as long as you've done a certain amount of damage to the ugly in question yourself.

EDIT: Really like the book idea, though... the small, temporary stat bonuses would be especially neat.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:04 PM
Commadore Bubonic

I'd say more ways for us players to interact and change the game world would be very nice.
Before you is a wraithlike gryphon, the air around him shimmering with bright flares of magic. The scent of gold and alchemy ingrediants permeates from him. Gunk and sap resides within his fur, resulting from a lack of grooming. Occasional scars and ample scabs are the only break from his black, unkept hide. His infested claws are covered in a grey creep that maggots writhe about in. At the end of his elongated tail is a bulk of deformed bone with spikes emerging from it. A layer of creep also covers this deformity. Sharply contrasting the rest of his body are his trimmed wings, carefully preened to be presentable. Upon the ends of these sinewy wings reside a circle of white feathers. Green eyes reside above his straight beak.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Aggressive Pacifist

Well On the stats raising books I did wish to state making different types of books

1.)some temp. bonuses ( like 10% for a week)
2.)some perm. bonuses ( like 5% ) . Of course making the perm. bonus books Very rare.
3.)some books that when read give favor, or Karma.

*.) but not using them as rewards for the arena. Then the strong only get stronger.
**.) but of course this is still an Idea anyone can give many other suggestions for.

First of the Dragoons.
Leader of Leaders.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Aggressive Pacifist

1.)Success Rolls

A.) if a 1000 is rolled it should be an instant kill. A 1000 is stating you got a perfect attack. This would make it possible even for a lvl one monster to get a "lucky hit" ( IE.. like Wuss the troll strikes FireDragon the Royal Phoenix's neck severing her head)

B.) If a 1 is rolled that should equal a fumble. Possibley cause damage or even death to the attacker. ( IE.. EoDraco the Lich trips and bashes his head on a rock dieing insantly)

*.) Sorry if I'm taking over this board I just would like to get as many ideas out there so the GM(Japes) can pick and choose from what ideas he can impliment.

First of the Dragoons.
Leader of Leaders.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: