Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > The Eternal City > The Eternal City Game World

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 4.21 average. Display Modes
Old 06-29-2004, 10:36 PM

While on the subject, 50 new crits added to the website still basking in unnamed glory. Thankye LS107.

http://xfuj.com/tec/

Linked under misc down bottom on the left.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:02 PM

[Success: 5, Roll: 91] With a rapid one-two punch, you jab quickly at a thug with both cestii! Critical Hit! A thug retreats when your iron cestus slices her fingers deeply. For an instant, a thug freezes when your iron cestus pricks her shoulder.

and then

[Success: 5, Roll: 100] Diving forward, you roll on the ground towards a brute, before rising up with a double punch with your twin cestii! Critical Hit! Clumsily, a brute fends off the thrust of your iron cestus, then looks unhappy at the new flesh wound. He suffers a gaping wound to his left thigh.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:49 PM
3776 and counting...

Send a message via AIM to Dragonus Send a message via MSN to Dragonus
Felt like sharing

[Success: 5, Roll: 78] Pivoting on one foot you keep your arm straight as you turn halfway, landing a viscious blow on a thug with your iron axe. Critical Hit! A crushing thrust by you cuts deeply into a thugs abdomen and she disgorges her blood uncontrollably.

*wait two seconds*

Blood spurts from a thug's waist. She is severely bleeding!

Quote:
“Everybody in this country should learn how to program a computer... because it teaches you how to think.” - Steve Jobs
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenh View Post
They are two different things completely, they just do the same thing.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:05 AM
Iridine's Hero

Send a message via AIM to Marnevel
[Success: 5, Roll: 37] You swing a cestus-covered fist sideways, lashing out at Sifon with the blades of your weapon! Critical Hit! Vicious slash leaves Sifon with a surprised look and disemboweled before he drops dead.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:24 AM
Retired Tec Voting Guy

[Success: 5, Roll: 98] You extend both arms outwards, whirling your retalq gladius about as your entire body spins, and cut a vicious slash accross a ruffian. Critical Hit! Slash splits the eyebrow, shading a ruffians iris with a bloody hue. The force of your blow knocks a ruffian down!

I think I just forgot something...

I'm trying to decide if I want lunch or dinner. That's enough for me right now.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:17 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to lykatos
A thug is stunned.
[Success: 6, Roll: 90] With both arms extended, you spinin place, striking at a thug with the iron cestus on each hand! Critical Hit! Slash to a thug's chest spurts blood, stunning him momentarily. You drive a deep slash across a thugs abdomen. Shot knocks a thug down! Blood gushes freely. Stinging slice to the right thigh. The attack leaves blood in its wake!

I have a screen shot of it too, i always save my best 8)
[Success: 5, Roll: 58] You step forward, grasping your retalq axe in one hand tightly and lifting it above your head, before striking downwards in a powerful blow aimed at a gladiator! Critical Hit! Thrust to the face leaves a gladiator bleeding profusely from the cheek!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchMagi View Post
your chopping motion turned into a straight thrust, cool trick that.
Troll Fail level OVER 9000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenh View Post
True, and i guess it could kill my character if i argue too much with you.
Sooooo much win!
Old 06-30-2004, 10:23 AM

One rogue after another. I didn't bother taking down the success and rolls, or the moves I used.

Devastating strike to a rogue’s back breaks it like a twig. A rogue falls to the ground and quivers for a moment, before dying

Quick, hard strike to the head snaps a rogue’s neck with a sickening crack, killing her instantly!

Aiming for his weapon hand, you direct your Iridine long mace towards Krystlus and hit! Devastating strike to a Krystlus' back breaks it like a twig. Krystlus falls to the ground and quivers for a moment, before dying
Old 06-30-2004, 10:35 AM
Retired Tec Voting Guy

All of mine are screen shots. I just type them out as what it says on the image:

A rogue is stunned.
[Success: 5, Roll: 71] You make a quick stabbing motion at a rogue with your realq gladius! Critical Hit! Deep stabbing wound to chest stuns a rogue, but leaves her standing, but bleeding badly!
You roar.

I think I just forgot something...

I'm trying to decide if I want lunch or dinner. That's enough for me right now.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:11 PM
Old Legio Knifer.

Send a message via AIM to Ligustinius
You take a step back. You grip your blade tightly and begin a spinning motion, slashing at a rioter. You successfully whirl your entire body, striking twice! Critical Hit! The attack scars the ground, just missing a rioter's toe. The tendons of a rioter's foot get sliced and he tumbles down!

Payback for the miss the first time.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:25 PM
Serpentine Knivesman

My favorite is:

A gladiator retreats.
A gladiator is stunned.
You take a step back. You grip your blade tightly and begin a spinning motion aimed at a thug. You successfully twirl your entire body, striking twice! Critical Hit! A gladiator retreats as your knife slices a gaping wound into his thigh. Thin slash to a gladiator's jaw leaves him stunned for a moment.

I just love that one. Nice damage it does, too.

A Knifers Lament
By my blade I live and die
By the blood I spill, I try
Time I spend each day, each year
In mine enemies, I instill fear
Drawing, dancing, dashing my blade
My soul for skill was an even trade
With my honor, acumen and pride
If I don't live through today, it was a hell of a ride!

Sezeriex = Sexerize = Exersize.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:49 PM
Old Legio Knifer.

Send a message via AIM to Ligustinius
Thought I'd post another one...

You slash horizontally at a rioter with the tip of your knife. A rioter turns away from the attack, but too late, as your slash catches his trailing leg and knocks him down.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:56 AM

Re: Felt like sharing

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragonus
[Success: 5, Roll: 78] Pivoting on one foot you keep your arm straight as you turn halfway, landing a viscious blow on a thug with your iron axe. Critical Hit! A crushing thrust by you cuts deeply into a thugs abdomen and she disgorges her blood uncontrollably.

*wait two seconds*

Blood spurts from a thug's waist. She is severely bleeding!
Hehehe, my cestuser did this to Grendol at Leda's with doublejab. *eyeshift*

"I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt. I'm a surprise, Kevin. They never see me comin'." - Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

It's scientific fact that intelligence is directly proportional to the number of idiots you piss off.
Quote:
Originally posted by Japes
To quote Bruce, "Ego sum rex Romanus, et super gramattica."
Old 07-01-2004, 12:17 PM
Iridine's Hero

Send a message via AIM to Marnevel
Oh, come on, if you want to compare needle strikes..

This is the whole fight:
Quote:
You arrive at the west side of the arena floor. A gladiator is here. You are facing northeast. You see the northwest corner of the arena floor to the northeast, the center of the arena floor to the east, the south side of the arena floor to the southeast, the southwest corner of the arena floor to the south, and an iron gate to the circular walls of the colosseum to the west.

[Success: 54, Roll: 72] You lunge forward, stabbing a gladiator with your retalq gladius! He suffers a faint wound to his waist.

A gladiator grabs onto a polished iron gladius with his left hand.
[Success: 62, Roll: 39] A gladiator ducks, whirling around on one knee like a top, but fails to strike you with his iron gladius at the end of the spin.

You are no longer busy.

[Success: 5, Roll: 100] Extending your retalq gladius in one arm, you steadily step sideways towards a gladiator, unleashing several rapid jabs in quick succession! Critical Hit! Painful thrust to the left thigh. The attack sheds blood! Glancing thrust to the right thigh. Painful stab to the left thigh. The attack leaves blood in its wake! Shocking stab to the right thigh.

a gladiator falls unconscious.
Several arena attendants drag away the wounded gladiator.
You are no longer busy.
Or here, how about these ones, consecutively.
Quote:

A thug is stunned.
[Success: 24, Roll: 74] Extending your retalq gladius in one arm, you steadily step sideways towards a thug, unleashing several rapid jabs in quick succession! Critical Hit! You pierce the wrist of a thug, severing nerves and sinew. Your thrust is anticipated and a thug's parry leaves her with only a slight scratch. Your retalq gladius scratches one of a thug's biceps leaving a bloody trail. Clumsily, a thug fends off the thrust of your retalq gladius, then looks unhappy at the new flesh wound.

You are no longer busy.

[Success: 18, Roll: 92] Extending your retalq gladius in one arm, you steadily step sideways towards a thug, unleashing several rapid jabs in quick succession! Critical Hit! You strike true and blood spurts from a thug's trunk. She suffers a puncture to her waist. A thug tries to stand firm, but the burning sting of your retalq gladius to a thug's neck distracts her. A thug retreats when your retalq gladius slices her fingers deeply.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:04 PM
Marf.

And for the record, PNPC gladiators are spawned with 150 hp, and I can imagine that the regular NPCs aren't far off. So that wasn't any small feat either.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:42 PM

[Success: 5, Roll: 75] With a quick back-handed movement, you swat at a rogue with your iron mace! Critical hit! Your iron mace hits home on the side of a rogue's head, crushing his skull inward.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: