Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > The Eternal City > The Eternal City Game World

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 4.19 average. Display Modes
Old 08-02-2004, 08:45 PM
Iridine's Hero

Send a message via AIM to Marnevel
That cheek one is very old.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to Constables
[Success: 5, Roll: 100] Without stopping your oak quarterstave with smooth bronze caps's spinning motion, you chop down at Flar, and hit! Critical Hit! Flar gets stunned after a hard hit to the temple!

Flar is unstunned.

[Success: 5, Roll: 100] With a quick forward rotation, you bring the end of oak quarterstave with smooh bronze caps down and strike at Flar! Critical Hit! Flar's eyes widen when your oak quarterstave with smooth bronze caps scrapes the tip of his nose, brely missing!

[Success: 5, Roll: 87] Without stopping your oak quarterstave with smooth bronze caps's spinning motion, you chop down at Flar, and hit! Critical Hit! A heavy blow knocks aside Flar's hand, leaving it badly bruised.

Flar says, "alright.. done.."
Flar falls unconscious.

Just had to post my daily spar with flar
Old 08-03-2004, 09:21 AM
Addict

Send a message via AIM to shaner646
Flar gets beat up alot.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:59 AM

Send a message via AIM to Unwary
Quote:
Originally posted by Durus Eborius
One rogue after another. I didn't bother taking down the success and rolls, or the moves I used.

Devastating strike to a rogue’s back breaks it like a twig. A rogue falls to the ground and quivers for a moment, before dying

Quick, hard strike to the head snaps a rogue’s neck with a sickening crack, killing her instantly!

Aiming for his weapon hand, you direct your Iridine long mace towards Krystlus and hit! Devastating strike to a Krystlus' back breaks it like a twig. Krystlus falls to the ground and quivers for a moment, before dying

Whe did this happen?
Old 08-03-2004, 11:27 AM

[Success: 5, Roll: 74] Without stopping your oak quarterstave with smooth bronze caps's spinning motion, you chop down at Flar, and hit! Critical Hit! A painful strike to the knuckles causes Flar to stumble out of his stance!
Old 08-03-2004, 12:53 PM

[Success: 5, Roll: 93] With a quick forward rotation, you bring the end of oak quarterstave with smooth bronze caps down and strike at Samhain! Critical Hit! Samhain goes to bended knee as a strike to the foot causes him to trip.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:09 PM
Old Legio Knifer.

Send a message via AIM to Ligustinius
[Success: 5, Roll: 79] You slash horizontally at Corvous with the tip of your boison dagger. Critical Hit! Slash to Corvous' face, comes dangerously close to relieving him of an eye.

[Success: 19, Roll: 63] Tightly gripping your boison dagger, you make a quick underhand stab aimed at corvous! Critical Hit! Your thrust goes awry, but the slight wound delivered causes Corvous to stumble.

[Success: 5, Roll: 87] You take a step back. You grip your blade tightly and begin a spinning motion, slashing at Corvous. You successfully twirl your entire body, striking twice! Critical Hit! The slash cuts a little deeper. Corvous falls back as your boison dagger slasices a gaping wound into his thigh.

Corvous says, "Yep, I'm done"
Corvous snickers.

Corvous falls unconcious.
Blood trickles from Corvous' left thigh.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:52 PM

hated that eye crit, had me stunned for ever :P
Old 08-03-2004, 10:13 PM

[Success: 5, Roll: 80] Without stopping your oak quarterstave with smooth bronze caps's spinning motion, you chop down at Flar, and hit! Critical Hit! Nasty brusie to the ribcage!
Old 08-04-2004, 05:10 AM

Is that typo for bruise (brusie) on your part, to be taken as crit-hit humor, or typo on a part of the GMs?
Old 08-04-2004, 06:36 AM
Resistence is Futile

Send a message via AIM to TheFamilyGuy03 Send a message via Yahoo to TheFamilyGuy03
[Success: 22, Roll: 93] Extending your bronze gladius in one arm, you steadily step sideways towards a gladiator, unleashing several rapid jabs in quick succession! Critical Hit! Your thrust strikes home, and a fresh bit of blood reddends your bronze gladius. Strong hit to his shield arm! The attack jolts the colorfully-painted wooden buckler! You pierce a gladiator's side with your bronze gladius, forcing him into a defensive posture. The wound bleeds profusely.

a gladiator falls unconscious.
Arthur stared in astonishment.
"It amazes me how you can manage to live in anything that small."
"Ah," said Arthur, "abuse."
"Yes," confirmed Marvin.
"Ah, ignore him," said Zaphod, "he's only making it up."
"Making it up?" said Marvin, swiveling his head in a paradoy of astonishment. "Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without wanting to invent any more of it."

Old 08-04-2004, 07:05 AM

lol, it probably means that he created the critical himself instead of actually doing it. or the GMs actually created it that way, but I dunno.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:30 AM

Send a message via AIM to Corvous Blair Send a message via Yahoo to Corvous Blair
Was a typo.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:13 PM

[Success 21; Roll 93] Arm extended, you pivot backwards on one foot, your bronze cestus arcing a vicious slash across a brute! Critical Hit! Stinging slash to the arm breaks a brutes' concentration! Blood drips down a brutes' arm.
-----

[Roll 7; Success 68] Diving forward, you roll on the ground towards a thug, before rising up with a double punch from your twin cesti! Critical Hit! Shallow strike to a thugs' chest forces him into a defensive posture. A well-timed jab to the foot makes a thug tobble backwards!

A thug falls unconscious.
A thugs' chest bleeds freely.
-----

[Success 19; Roll 97] With both arms extended, you spin in place, striking at a brute with the bronze cestus in each hand! Critical Hit! A brute falls back as your bronze cestus slices a gaping wound into his thigh. Thin slash to a brutes' jaw leaves him stunned for a moment. Gash to a brutes' right forearm! It begins to bleed.
-----

I had another one that got lost in scroll, where a brute went to bended knee, interrupted by a stinging slice to the head or something like that.

"I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt. I'm a surprise, Kevin. They never see me comin'." - Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

It's scientific fact that intelligence is directly proportional to the number of idiots you piss off.
Quote:
Originally posted by Japes
To quote Bruce, "Ego sum rex Romanus, et super gramattica."
Old 08-07-2004, 03:27 PM
The voice of reason

Stepping slightly to the side, Adroytus brings his oak quarterstave with smooth bronze caps in a forward spin and unleash several rapid strikes aimed at a gladiator! Critical Hit! The oak quarterstave with smooth bronze caps comes down mercilessly on a gladiator's arm, breaking it! A gladiator stumbles back with a shattered hand! The strike comes down hard on the point where the collarbone and the shoulder joint connect, resulting in a loud CRACK!

Go Adro, Go!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: