Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > Monsters! Monsters! > Monster Noise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 4.78 average. Display Modes
  #106  
Old 08-05-2003, 10:05 AM
cuauhtemoc cuauhtemoc is offline
The First - Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,275
sort of. if someones pumping poison into you, that makes it so much easier to die from someone slashing you too. You cant out regen anything if your poisoned.

say you have 2000 hps, you have 1500 poison. you can out regen that, but someone only need hit you for 500 to kill you.
__________________
I am a passionate, deeply feeling person. My posts reflect my emotions, my posts reflect the intensity of what I believe.

If you dont like it, Let me know and I will be glad to P.M. you some suggestions with what you can do with yourself.

Brecan says to Jinn the Hydra, "Go away. Nobody likes you."
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 08-07-2003, 06:30 PM
Falconking Falconking is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 193
It's clobberin' time!


*** Login successful (172.170.161.125) ***
** Last connection at 7:28 pm, Thursday, August 07, 2003 **
** You are the five million, thirty thousand, eight hundred seventy-fourth login to date **




Welcome to Grendel's Revenge! Type "help" for a
listing of our help files. Type:

assist '[a message]'

if you're stuck and would like a StoryGuide or
GameMaster to help you out.

StoryGuides are available in-game 7 days a week
on a volunteer basis to handle most problems
and questions. Worlds Apart GameMasters are
available during the day and other hours for
assistance with bugs and questions.

For billing questions, contact the Skotos staff
at ce@skotos.net.






The roof of this warhall extends as far as can be seen. The walls are lined with weapons and shields of all types, held fast with magic bonds. Benches and chairs fill the hall, and a large fire burns in the center of the room.



Poison course through your veins, strength 300!
Poison course through your veins, strength 290!
<Tarvok the Mummy grumbles: [ Hehe, for a second I thought gabocha was pregnant. *snicker* ]>
"Ouch
You roar, "Ouch"
l
The roof of this warhall extends as far as can be seen. The walls are lined with weapons and shields of all types, held fast with magic bonds. Benches and chairs fill the hall, and a large fire burns in the center of the room.
You see a river tumbling over some rocks to the north; a mysterious murky lake, shrouded in fog to the northeast and to the east; a forest with thick heavy foliage to the southeast; a slow river leading off into the forest to the south; a river littered with leaves and branches to the southwest; and a hasty river filled with churning rapids to the west and to the northwest.
A supreme bone ring, a pair of clay bracelets, a rotting corpse, the corpse of a sly rogue, the corpse of a bright-eyed hunter, the corpse of a gloom thief, and the corpse of Serje the Kobold are scattered about some distance ahead of you.
Poison course through your veins, strength 280!
You fall into the oblivion of Grendel's embrace.
__________________
<Kazzar the Ogre grumbles: Worse yet...Your a minotaur! *gasp gasp*>

Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 08-07-2003, 06:49 PM
Rythgen Rythgen is offline
Property of Dvea
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Emerald Hills
Posts: 4,998
Bit of a temper...

Malice the Minotaur is stunned.
Lurekus the Mummy creates a localized thunderclap, which stuns Malice the Minotaur! Strength 27!
You pat Malice the Minotaur.
You snarl to Malice the Minotaur, "Poor bubby."
Malice the Minotaur is no longer stunned.
Malice the Minotaur begins to move toward you.
Malice the Minotaur stops next to you.
[Success: 50, Roll: 995] Malice the Minotaur slashes you with his painful claws! 3015 points of damage! You fall, kicking and screaming, into the oblivion of Grendel's embrace!


Just a wee bit of a temper seeing as the fane was over.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 08-07-2003, 10:26 PM
Jinn Jinn is offline
Hatefully Useless
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The Neverhood
Posts: 2,658
Send a message via AIM to Jinn
Sarkis the Archaic Mummy walks in from a hidden valley.
Sarkis the Archaic Mummy begins to move toward you.
Sarkis the Archaic Mummy stops next to you.
You take off, soaring into the air.
You snap your fingers.
[Success: 50, Roll: 990] Sarkis the Archaic Mummy slashes you with his painful claws! 199 points of damage!
Sarkis the Archaic Mummy mumbles something.

Got lucky there....
__________________
You can't stand my Gouf.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 08-08-2003, 11:46 AM
fiendish_thingy fiendish_thingy is offline
Ethically Challenged
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bubblewrap Narnia
Posts: 1,168
Send a message via AIM to fiendish_thingy Send a message via MSN to fiendish_thingy Send a message via Yahoo to fiendish_thingy
Quote:
Originally posted by Falconking
<Tarvok the Mummy grumbles: [ Hehe, for a second I thought gabocha was pregnant. *snicker* ]>
o.O
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythgen View Post
Fiendy could witstomp you into oblivion.
<Vyshka the Wyvern grumbles: {Hecate wins the internet. Forever.}>
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 08-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Tarvok Tarvok is offline
Masticator of Cheese
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 66
Now there's something that needs to put into context:

Gabocha had grumbled "OH 'manure'. I'm late!"

He meant that he was late for the event, of course. That's when I made the pregnant joke.

It may have seemed funnier at the time. *ponders*
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 08-08-2003, 02:29 PM
cuauhtemoc cuauhtemoc is offline
The First - Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,275
ou begin to examine the inside of a giant skull closely.
You finish examining the inside of a giant skull.
You sense that a new undead avatar will be chosen in approximately 1 minutes.
The clouds above thunder booming echoes of power! KABOOM!
You sit down on a large throne made from bones and skulls.
The thunderclouds above become pitch black, and bolts of lightning begin to jump from them!
A small group of human led by a spiritual priest is moving toward you far away to the northeast.
You say to the inside of a giant skull, "...please hurry master...."
There are no targets visible to the northeast.
You fidget.
Someone is moving toward you a ways off to the northeast.
scan ne
There are no targets visible to the northeast.
Someone is moving toward you nearby to the northeast.
Tarvok the Mummy walks in up a slight slope from a hot and humid tropical area.
A small group of human led by a spiritual priest is moving toward you far away to the northeast.
Tarvok the Mummy begins to move toward you.
Tarvok the Mummy stops next to you.
Tlaxcala the Specter hugs the throne tightly whining pathetically.
[Success: 50, Roll: 211] Tarvok the Mummy slashes you with his painful claws! 1475 points of damage! You fall, kicking and screaming, into the oblivion of Grendel's embrace!
__________________
I am a passionate, deeply feeling person. My posts reflect my emotions, my posts reflect the intensity of what I believe.

If you dont like it, Let me know and I will be glad to P.M. you some suggestions with what you can do with yourself.

Brecan says to Jinn the Hydra, "Go away. Nobody likes you."
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 08-09-2003, 08:41 AM
synchar synchar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 179
Quote:
Tlaxcala the Specter hugs the throne tightly whining pathetically.
BAHAHAHA! *rolls on the floor laughing*
__________________
<Pishaw the Dwerger grumbles: Use a fish. Be civilised.>

Cedextra the Dwerger snarls, "He can say those things hes a Synchar"
You grunt to Cedextra the Dwerger, "YES!"

<Arkhanno the Hydra grumbles: im known for my poisonous gas 8)>

<Arkhanno the Hydra grumbles: hello pink eyed lizard>
<Cedextra the Dwerger grumbles: arkhanno i will not tolerate Humanoid courting chimeras!>
<Pishaw the Troglodyte grumbles: He's been after my tail ever since we found it came off and regrew.>

You hear a Harpy warrior yell, "Sure, just leave me over here all alone.", from the west.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 08-09-2003, 11:36 PM
Jinn Jinn is offline
Hatefully Useless
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The Neverhood
Posts: 2,658
Send a message via AIM to Jinn
[Success: 850, Roll: 957] A profane monk slashes you with his painful claws! 697 points of damage!

A new record for my spawn.....
__________________
You can't stand my Gouf.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 08-10-2003, 05:41 AM
Winter Winter is offline
Antarctic Sphinx
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: in a cold cold place...
Posts: 130
ne
You walk up a moderate slope to a hot and humid tropical area, to the northeast.

You arrive at a hot and humid tropical area. You see an a humid jungle choked with vines to the north, to the southeast, to the south, and to the southwest; a small, steep ridge up a steep incline to the northeast; a towering mountain looming overhead up a steep incline to the east; and a hot and humid tropical area to the west and to the northwest.
You sense something amiss.
You sense something amiss.
Someone whistles in the distance.
devour my boot
A bony human rogue stops wielding a supreme club.
A bony human rogue wields a supreme iron fist.
A bony human rogue begins to move toward you.
A cent rogue stops wielding a supreme hammer.
A cent rogue wields a supreme iron fist.
A cent rogue begins to move toward you.
A solemn faced monk begins to move toward you.
A learned hunter wields a supreme short bow in both hands.
A bony human rogue stops next to you.
A cent rogue stops next to you.
A solemn faced monk stops next to you.
a learned hunter fires an arrow from a supreme short bow at you, but misses.
You fall into the oblivion of Grendel's embrace.
[Success: 392, Roll: 513] A cent rogue krushes you with her iron fist! 316 points of damage! You fall, kicking and screaming, into the oblivion of Grendel's embrace!
[Success: 494, Roll: 684] A solemn faced monk slashes you with his painful claws! 560 points of damage! You fall, kicking and screaming, into the oblivion of Grendel's embrace!
[Success: 496, Roll: 987] A bony human rogue krushes you with her iron fist! 361 points of damage! You fall, kicking and screaming, into the oblivion of Grendel's embrace!

You devour some resilient supreme tantium laced boots. Yum!
That tasted extra yummy!
Your natural defenses have been enhanced!

nice timing...
__________________
Winter the Dark Antarctic Sphinx
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 08-14-2003, 01:09 PM
cuauhtemoc cuauhtemoc is offline
The First - Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,275
You arrive at a desecrated cemetary. Jinn the Grimalkin is here. You see an expansive sea fading over the horizon down a steep decline to the north; a rolling hill to the northeast and to the west; a brown knoll to the east and to the southeast; a ruined, desecrated church to the south; a rocky outcropping to the southwest; an ancient and crippled mountain to the northwest; and a lair entrance leading downwards.
A Skeleton warrior follows you.
A Skeleton warrior begins to move toward Jinn the Grimalkin.
A Skeleton warrior stops next to Jinn the Grimalkin.
A Skeleton warrior slashes at Jinn the Grimalkin with its very sharp claws! 1157 points of damage! Jinn the Grimalkin roars a final time before dying.



funniest moment too, haha, sorry about that.
__________________
I am a passionate, deeply feeling person. My posts reflect my emotions, my posts reflect the intensity of what I believe.

If you dont like it, Let me know and I will be glad to P.M. you some suggestions with what you can do with yourself.

Brecan says to Jinn the Hydra, "Go away. Nobody likes you."
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 08-14-2003, 03:22 PM
Jinn Jinn is offline
Hatefully Useless
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The Neverhood
Posts: 2,658
Send a message via AIM to Jinn
That sucked,there was no time between the approach and attack...just insta-death...
__________________
You can't stand my Gouf.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 08-22-2003, 11:37 PM
Jinn Jinn is offline
Hatefully Useless
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The Neverhood
Posts: 2,658
Send a message via AIM to Jinn
You are stunned.
[Success: 50, Roll: 891] Lurekus the Mummy creates a thunderclap, which stuns you!
Lurekus the Mummy begins to move toward you.
Lurekus the Mummy stops next to you.
Laroakith the Mummy walks in down a moderate slope from a deposit of mana, followed by Lurekus the Mummy.
[Success: 284, Roll: 933] Lurekus the Mummy slashes you with his painful claws! 207 points of damage!
Laroakith the Mummy walks away to a lair entrance, downwards.
Laroakith the Mummy walks in from a lair entrance.
[Success: 284, Roll: 465] Lurekus the Mummy slashes you with his painful claws! 584 points of damage!
[Success: 284, Roll: 939] Lurekus the Mummy slashes you with his painful claws! 255 points of damage!
Lurekus the Mummy tisks.
Karghenic the Ghoul walks in from a lair entrance.
[Success: 284, Roll: 420] Lurekus the Mummy slashes you with his painful claws! 406 points of damage! You fall, kicking and screaming, into the oblivion of Grendel's embrace!


Im surprised i lasted so long....Proud though...11th most powerfull monster...and me,a puny grimalkin....
__________________
You can't stand my Gouf.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 08-23-2003, 05:49 AM
Whindanser Whindanser is offline
Eternal Optimist
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Larou Valley, Home of the Guardians
Posts: 2,527
Now Jinn's just trying to be funny...*eyeshift*
__________________


http://whindanser.tripod.com
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 08-23-2003, 10:37 AM
Sarkophagus Sarkophagus is offline
Cookie Monster
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 128
Might not wanna go back there lest we see how you fare against the 10th most powerful monster
__________________
I'm like a big pointy rock. You can slash at me all day and do nothing, until the rock gets lucky and stabs you.

Ah, yes, by all means, hate my guts. But you're about to become part of them.

Beware the Cookie Jar. . .

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.