Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > The Eternal City > Eternal City Staff News

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Banned

SGProclaim is disabled until needed again. Please use the AUX channel for general help, and Proclaim for immediate problems requiring GM attention.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Banned

Added to two posts above: You can also whisper to someone while you are in their arms. Again, not to anyone else. Also, get a room.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Banned

As some of you have noticed over the years, certain areas of the gameworld have triggered messages or effects that only appear to a limited set of characters, independent of immediately recognizable/visible stats.

More of these are being introduced, as well as clues as to help figure out what may be distinguishing about the character.

Have fun out there.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:28 AM

A longstanding bug with brawling and pankration has been fixed some time ago and was not announced (thought it had been announced already). As some of you may have noticed some creatures are now easier to hit while others are now harder to hit. The bug did not properly allocate bonuses/penalties to hit these creatures. Creatures such as the angry gull and other low level creatures are now easier to hit while cliff crabs, esecarnus and so on are now harder to hit. This is not a downgrade or upgrade of their abilities, they are now affected the same way as the weapons skillsets. This change mostly affects the various creatures/NPCs and you will hardly see any difference against PC's.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Banned

Belt hoops are being added to shops around Midlight. They require a belt to be worn first, but can hold a variety of items at the hip:
  • Whips
  • Chains
  • Bottles
  • Hammers
  • Axes
  • Clubs
  • Manacles
  • Rope
  • Small Blades (Knives, etc.)
  • Gladii
It will display the item it is carrying, when visible:

"He is wearing a belt hoop holding a knife..."

PLEASE DON'T ask me about half of the items on that list: I didn't create the hoops, I just dug them up and made them functional. /facepalm

Alongside that, I had to do a few other updates:

Knives Stealthy Draw now functions if you target a container you're wearing. It will draw the first small blade in that container. I did that so that you wouldn't have to 'draw 2 knife' whenever it was in a hoop. Knifers everywhere will probably be happy once they realize the full potential of this change.

Examples:
"draw knife" [while knife is in a hoop like the example above]
[Success: 1, Roll: 89] With a very subtle and swift motion, you expertly draw out and wield a knife, confident that no one around you noticed.
"draw sheath"
[Success: 1, Roll: 87] With a very subtle and swift motion, you expertly draw out and wield a bronze fighting dirk, confident that no one around you noticed.

---

As with most other weapon containers, is is NOT possible to slice/lift belt hoops directly, but I have added functionality to weapon-specific stealing skills to include belt hoops in the equation.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Banned

Addendum: You can only wear up to two belt loops at a time.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:24 AM

Ylsa will now ask you if you wish to sell a leather container (backpacks, etc) instead of simply taking it and purchasing it from you with all of its contents. This change will only happen if you are attempting to sell a leather container that has something in it. You will receive a Y/N prompt asking you if you wish to sell it. This has been implemented after several characters have lost their belongings to Ysla. If you answer yes to the prompt, the leather container along with all of its contents will be sold off to Ysla.

The Simple Line Edging lore for tailoring has been altered slightly. The description of new items created with the lore will look better than its old redundant description.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:07 AM
Banned

- Yelling for a lawyer from jail will no longer be successful if your sentence has less than 72 hours remaining.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:33 PM
Administrator

The healing skill "administer" has been added to the list of general skills.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Administrator

The roundtime for reading has been removed.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Administrator

The roundtime for turning pages of a codex has been removed.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Administrator

City hiding has been added to the list of "general skills".
Old 09-08-2012, 07:55 AM

Insula Sinaetil will now properly regenerate fatigue while sleeping.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:15 AM
TEC Staff

Lean-tos are now repairable using the "repair" command. You will want to know some shelter-building to be able to do this. To go with this, inspecting a lean-to will give more information on if it needs repairs, and what it might need. Currently, a lean-to is repairable at around half of its life expectancy, which will then get boosted upon a successful repair. The amount of time gained depends on your abilities.

As always, please @report any bugs you find with this.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:09 PM
TEC Staff

The list of possible starting recipes for new tailors has been updated. To help them get started, all starting recipes are now ones that do not require overmuch cloth to make.

As always, please @report any problems.
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: