Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > The Eternal City > The Eternal City Mechanics

Old 04-17-2003, 11:46 AM

Hunters: What's your best skin?

What's the best skin you've gotten and how good are you at skinning? I'm surprised with my ranks I'm still only skinning decent pelts.

I'm also wondering what I should increase to make my pelts better? Should I work on advanced only? Or combine intermediate and advanced together? Or all three? It's kind of ambiguous and I haven't figured out the system yet.

Thanks,
Ding
Old 04-17-2003, 01:48 PM
McGill all the way!

My best skins are now good quality. Second time I skinned a wolf I got a good quality wolf pelt, to bad it wasn't my kill so I had to give it to the person who killed it.

And I usually get decent quality all the time now, except when those insanely low roles come around. 8)

As for the actual ranks, you should try to keep all three of them around the same level. I'm hoping that once I level up all three levels of skinning to rank 20 that I'll be getting good quality skins most of the time. I've got my fingers crossed.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:07 PM
..at your nearest event!

Re: Hunters: What's your best skin?

Quote:
Originally posted by GoBells
What's the best skin you've gotten and how good are you at skinning? I'm surprised with my ranks I'm still only skinning decent pelts.

I'm also wondering what I should increase to make my pelts better? Should I work on advanced only? Or combine intermediate and advanced together? Or all three? It's kind of ambiguous and I haven't figured out the system yet.

Thanks,
Ding
Shalini is 40 Hunting Lore, 40 basic skinning, 40 intermediate skinning, 40 advanced skinning.

The quality depends on the roll, but I think there is an invisible roll, too. She's done masterful skinning when the rolls weren't that high, yet they still came out excellent quality. Then she's roll much higher, skillfully done, and they would still come out excellent quality. On the other hand, lower rolls, skillfully done, give you good quality. I've rolled some there were not bad rolls, yet not skillfully done and had decent quality.

It's a game of chance, basically, but the better you are, the more likely you are to roll a masterful skinning job.

Quote:
Originally posted by kamikazehiker
Or. . .
We can all acknowledge that Jolee is right, get over it, and shut up.

A thief burst into a Florida bank one day wearing a ski mask and carrying a gun. Aiming his gun at the guard, the thief yelled, "FREEZE, MOTHER-STICKERS, THIS IS A ****-UP!"

Unwary: "Jolee rocks!"

"Of course she does, she's related to me. "

-Firetear
Old 08-11-2012, 03:54 PM
The Wandering Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon1 View Post
My best skins are now good quality. Second time I skinned a wolf I got a good quality wolf pelt, to bad it wasn't my kill so I had to give it to the person who killed it.

And I usually get decent quality all the time now, except when those insanely low roles come around. 8)

As for the actual ranks, you should try to keep all three of them around the same level. I'm hoping that once I level up all three levels of skinning to rank 20 that I'll be getting good quality skins most of the time. I've got my fingers crossed.
Are wolves still in the game? If so, do they pop randomly like the eroufera in the grasslands or do they have a specific habitat?
Old 08-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Attica Send a message via MSN to Attica Send a message via Skype™ to Attica
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBells View Post

Thanks,
Ding
I'm probably one of the few people that has ever bothered to take skinning up to ridiculous levels in game. But it fluctuates based on your roll, sadly - the quality, I mean.

My best cuts are always excellent/masterful/whatever, but most times, even with only a 'skillful' extraction, I get good quality. Even with 100+ of HL basics, advanced, intermediate, and basic skinning, though, I can still manage a poor pelt ... though that's oftentimes only if I 'fumble' and roll a 1.

Honestly, I'd work them all up so all 3 skills are about equal levels. I wouldn't put more stock into one than the others, not until you have an obscene amount of ranks in them.

And OJ, if I remember correctly, wolves come out in the woods near Blackvine/The Treehouse. Wolverines come out in the Rock Valley woods, the southern ones.

I still have like, 12 wolf pelts from Aestus and Mikare's excursions. I can ask Urek when he gets home where we were.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:09 PM
damaged goods

Send a message via AIM to britta
My best skin has been "Leafus-like"

Is this a business or the personal fiefdom of a few volunteers?
Old 08-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Big Furry Woodsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by britta View Post
My best skin has been "Leafus-like"
It didn't have a head?
Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
Ravenlark pats you.
Ravenlark says to you, "I promise not to abuse you in your sleep. Much."
Old 08-11-2012, 04:33 PM
The Wandering Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attica View Post
I'm probably one of the few people that has ever bothered to take skinning up to ridiculous levels in game. But it fluctuates based on your roll, sadly - the quality, I mean.

My best cuts are always excellent/masterful/whatever, but most times, even with only a 'skillful' extraction, I get good quality. Even with 100+ of HL basics, advanced, intermediate, and basic skinning, though, I can still manage a poor pelt ... though that's oftentimes only if I 'fumble' and roll a 1.

Honestly, I'd work them all up so all 3 skills are about equal levels. I wouldn't put more stock into one than the others, not until you have an obscene amount of ranks in them.

And OJ, if I remember correctly, wolves come out in the woods near Blackvine/The Treehouse. Wolverines come out in the Rock Valley woods, the southern ones.

I still have like, 12 wolf pelts from Aestus and Mikare's excursions. I can ask Urek when he gets home where we were.
Thanks Attica. I really love both the hunting lore and outdoors skill sets. They are a lot of fun. Almost as much fun as combat.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Cornflake Girl

Send a message via AIM to HotMoltenLava Send a message via MSN to HotMoltenLava
You can find wolves pretty much anywhere in the oak forest, just wander around till one comes out to play.
Dragaxus says to you, "You know you're quite sexy when you do that."
Amatoria spits crumbs all over, "You're just saying that."

Typically, 9 times out of 10 in TEC you are bored you just dont realize it because your brain functions at a higher rate and it keeps you from thinking about the possibility that you are simply sitting there doing absolutely nothing.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:12 AM
The Wandering Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotMoltenLava View Post
You can find wolves pretty much anywhere in the oak forest, just wander around till one comes out to play.
Cool. Thanks! I hadn't come across any rams or bears or wolves and fear a wildcat might be the biggest thing lurking about anymore.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to Prothius Send a message via MSN to Prothius Send a message via Yahoo to Prothius
if you wander around the wilderness around rock valley you will come acrost a decent arrangement of critters ranging from Magris to mountain lions
Old 08-12-2012, 05:52 PM
downbeats at 2-4kicksnare

Send a message via AIM to Armataan Send a message via MSN to Armataan Send a message via Yahoo to Armataan
Aim for rank 1 basic, rank 50 intermediate, and rank 100 advanced. There may be other ways that are better but you will get consistent great skins and no bad skins except on 1s, that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinianQuartz View Post
HAIL CULEXUS
Old 08-12-2012, 11:43 PM

Wolves populate the RV dumps in large numbers... along with rabid and normal hounds, wolverines, dire wolves, bears, deer/does, huge roaches, large rats, and large ravens. I would recommend going in a group, especially if HL is your primary skillset.

I'm aware that the RV map is not publically available, so I'm just going to tell you to follow the trail that leads east out of the city. It'll lead southeast and you should be able to easily find the dumps at the end.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:05 AM
unregistered user

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBells View Post

Thanks,
Ding
Work on all three equally starting with the easier ones. Depending on your dexterity you might start doing masterful cuts with all of them at 20-30.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Tired

Send a message via AIM to Skipsmusic Send a message via MSN to Skipsmusic
Quote:
Originally Posted by |Onyxum| View Post
Wolves populate the RV dumps in large numbers... along with rabid and normal hounds, wolverines, dire wolves, bears, deer/does, huge roaches, large rats, and large ravens. I would recommend going in a group, especially if HL is your primary skillset.

I'm aware that the RV map is not publically available, so I'm just going to tell you to follow the trail that leads east out of the city. It'll lead southeast and you should be able to easily find the dumps at the end.
I'm not sure if wolves are still available in the RV dumps. I haven't seen them there in quite a while. I have seen a white wolf, however, out near the Nehal village.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: