Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > The Eternal City > Eternal City Administrivia

Old 05-16-2012, 12:20 PM

"If you're looking for a game you can really sink your teeth into, with a world in which you can become a true character, this is it."

- Michael Wolf, PCGamer

This quote was asked to be removed from the main page of the website by members of this game's community in 2010. It since has not referenced the review from 1998.
Tale: My biggest moral boost every day is knowing that at any time I choose, I can spawn giant fire-breathing demon badgers that devour buildings, and watch Iridine fall in a single day. And choosing not to.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel69s View Post
Once this is all done or begun email all players that have not been playing for the past 3 months and offer them a Tier 1 vet character package and tell them to come join the new war efforts!
Uzak, how difficult would that be?

What brought me back to TEC (and got me paying) was the advent of free accounts. Once every three months~ Shannon should be circulating e-mails among those on the mailing list.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
-Update Veteran Character packages...I personally think that if you increased the GSP a little and made it to where the stat increases actually increase the potential of the stats and I think the Veteran Character Packages would be legit...and something actually worth using.
It has been fixed where increasing stats within the Veteran Character store also increases the potential.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:02 PM

Addiction

For old players..we're hooked..just got to dangle things under our noses...every so often we sober up when RL becomes more important or we get those negative consequences IG and we need to pull away from. Yes keep offering us TEC crack and we'll pay and pay

Now the real question comes..how to attract New Players (potential addicts)?
Marketing 101 for TEC is like any other business. Who are potential customers? How to reach them? How to hook them and reel them in.

Many new customers will come by word of mouth by other satisfied customers who report the product is good.

Many of us would be willing to help. I've been amazed how literate and productive the playerbase is in RL.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:02 PM
downbeats at 2-4kicksnare

Send a message via AIM to Armataan Send a message via MSN to Armataan Send a message via Yahoo to Armataan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceadu View Post
It has been fixed where increasing stats within the Veteran Character store also increases the potential.
Is this retroactive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinianQuartz View Post
HAIL CULEXUS
Old 05-17-2012, 02:40 AM
The Super Cat

I started a page on TVTropes for TEC, which may help. It's a media-focused wiki with no notability requirements. I've found several webcomics, TV shows, and games just by browsing it.
http://www.tvtropes.org
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...TheEternalCity

Linked it from a few places already.
Herdias boggles and says to Marnevel, "a man in a woman's body gots to do what a man in a woman's body gots to do."
------------------------------------------------
Marnevel supercats to you, "Look for cat, cat walks away from crowd, kill cat, get training, get food."
------------------------------------------------
Japes says to Archimedes_plutonium, "Ok mister Robin Hood. I'll consider a solution to that predicament."
Old 05-17-2012, 04:32 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Attica Send a message via MSN to Attica Send a message via Skype™ to Attica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercat View Post
I started a page on TVTropes for TEC, which may help. It's a media-focused wiki with no notability requirements. I've found several webcomics, TV shows, and games just by browsing it.
http://www.tvtropes.org
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...TheEternalCity

Linked it from a few places already.
Super Gato! I miss you!
Old 05-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Cornflake Girl

Send a message via AIM to HotMoltenLava Send a message via MSN to HotMoltenLava
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apresvous View Post
Many of us would be willing to help. I've been amazed how literate and productive the playerbase is in RL.
Yes, it's quite amazing. Even the idiots that play TEC are rather intelligent. But really, I guess that shouldn't be too surprising, we're all a bunch of book nerds. You have to enjoy reading to enjoy TEC.

So where to look for such creatures? The libraries would be a good start. Though I'm not sure they would allow for games even the likes of these to be advertised. It's worth a try.

It's too bad we couldn't advertise through book stores, as the ultimate in neverending stories.
Dragaxus says to you, "You know you're quite sexy when you do that."
Amatoria spits crumbs all over, "You're just saying that."

Typically, 9 times out of 10 in TEC you are bored you just dont realize it because your brain functions at a higher rate and it keeps you from thinking about the possibility that you are simply sitting there doing absolutely nothing.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:20 AM
damaged goods

Send a message via AIM to britta
well, per libraries.

Oddly enough, both Underreckoned and myself work in libraries. (even odder, in the same city..weird) Most libraries do have bulletin boards where such is allowed to be advertised. Same goes for college campus' (where the library I work is located). I already offered to print and hang multiple fliers, and I doubt I'm far from the only one. Even if only a quarter of the player base would be willing to do such, I'm fairly certain it would draw in at least a few new players.

CM is way too uptight, boring, and OOC for me to care about.
Had I known what a Special Olympics the Inner Bailey political environment is, I'd never have bothered.
[/quote]
Old 05-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Big Furry Woodsman

I'd hang up some posters. The local library even has an adult gaming night I could leave some flyers for.
Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
Ravenlark pats you.
Ravenlark says to you, "I promise not to abuse you in your sleep. Much."
Old 05-17-2012, 12:33 PM
TEC druggy.

Send a message via MSN to rebel69s
Another idea to add some kind of incentive is to have a flyer or ad that is printable somewhere on the website or main page and have players post it up somewhere and take a picture of it and then send the picture to the GMs for a small reward of like lets say 25rps.

Could be funny...

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Tale responds from afar, "You have, right now, more unspent sp than I've ever accumilated with characters I've actually played with total, in almost 14 years."
Old 05-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Another idea to add some kind of incentive is to have a flyer or ad that is printable somewhere on the website or main page and have players post it up somewhere and take a picture of it and then send the picture to the GMs for a small reward of like lets say 25rps.

Could be funny...
Thats actually pretty cool idea.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insigniared View Post
Uzak, how difficult would that be?

What brought me back to TEC (and got me paying) was the advent of free accounts. Once every three months~ Shannon should be circulating e-mails among those on the mailing list.
The last time e-mails were sent, it was done by someone on Skotos' side of things and if I recall it was a lengthy and tedious process. We could always try it again once we have some more important announcements to make. We'll definitely keep this option in mind for the future.

Quote:
It's a good idea. If we ever end up using this idea, there would have to be a relatively low amount of RPs that can be handed out for it and would likely be a one-time thing for the account. Otherwise players could just post it up, take a picture and remove it. They'd gain RPs without contributing to the cause.

Last edited by UzakGM; 05-17-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Big Furry Woodsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by UzakGM View Post
It's a good idea. If we ever end up using this idea, there would have to have a relatively low amount of RPs that can be handed out for it and would likely be a one-time thing for the account. Otherwise players could just post it up, take a picture and remove it. They'd gain RPs without contributing to the cause.
You just completely shot down my idea for asking hotter librarians to post next to the poster on their bulletin board to verify its location and presence when I sent the photos in for my reward.

I guess I'll just have to use my inevitably late books as the 'in' before I start flirting, like I have been.
Xianna exclaims to you, "And even when unconscious you still attract beautiful women, you lecher!"
Ravenlark pats you.
Ravenlark says to you, "I promise not to abuse you in your sleep. Much."
Old 05-17-2012, 03:20 PM
downbeats at 2-4kicksnare

Send a message via AIM to Armataan Send a message via MSN to Armataan Send a message via Yahoo to Armataan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladmir View Post
You just completely shot down my idea for asking hotter librarians to post next to the poster on their bulletin board to verify its location and presence when I sent the photos in for my reward.

I guess I'll just have to use my inevitably late books as the 'in' before I start flirting, like I have been.
Get them to play tec.

Then say "Hi, I play Vladmir. The creepy old guy that gives off the polygamist stalker vibe who ISN'T Culexus... wanna get a coffee?"

IF they are already playing TEC, this has a 99% chance of succeeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinianQuartz View Post
HAIL CULEXUS

Last edited by Armataan; 05-17-2012 at 03:21 PM. Reason: I actually get tec players to date me by saying I play Tilan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: