Justices Allende and Priaxios, along with input from their staff and law organizations, have been busy over the last couple of years reviewing applied warrants and their effectiveness. They have come up with a series of changes to improve the system, which is now ready for release.
As of tomorrow, the new warrants will take effect. Documents have already been released to Assistant Justices and the organizations: Lucian Allende will work with this group to make education on the new chargeable offenses and their consequences available to the masses.
As I would prefer to keep this IG as much as possible, I'll leave it up to players to pass the word along and teach each other the details. Below is a basic list, along with base fines and terms.
Highlighted changes include:
- Improved linear progression in warrant severity for every category
- Reviewed fines, also linear
- Overall shortened jail terms (only the two most serious crimes remain at 49 weeks, and require a trial within 12)
- New warrants in every category, and less generalization of warrants (DtP, for example, will no longer deal with weapon wielding laws)
- New category to cover heretic crimes
- IG documentation describes each warrant individually, in detail, and includes recommended applications and procedures. Again, that will be passed around IG. I'll make an exception with the new Heresy category as an example, below.
1. Petty Theft 1.6 hrs 50d
2. Larceny 12.0 hrs 300d
3. Heavy Larceny 3 days 1t 500d
4. Damage to Private Property 1 day 200d
5. Theft of Public Property 2 days 1t
6. Damage to Public Property 2 days 1t
7. Minor Possession of Contraband 2 days 1t
8. Major Possession of Contraband 6 days 3t
9. Possession of Outlawed Magical Items 3 days 2t
10. Harassment 1.6 hrs 50d
11. Public Aggression 2.0 hrs 250d
12. Minor Assault 1.6 hrs 150d
13. Major Assault 3.0 hrs 250d
14. Assault of an Official 2 days 2t
15. Assault of a Patrician 2 days 2t
16. Kidnapping and Confinement 4 days 5t
17. Attempted Murder 4 days 5t
18. Murder of a Foreigner 4 days 5t
19. Murder of an Official 12 wks nothing
20. Murder of a Humilore 12 wks nothing
21. Murder of a Honestiore 12 wks nothing
22. Murder of a Patrician 12 wks nothing
23. Banditry 12 wks 5t
24. Impropriety 1.6 hrs 50d
25. Resisting Arrest 1.6 hrs 100d
26. Disturbing the Peace 5.0 hrs 500d
27. Interfering with an Official 4 days 1000d
28. Bribery 4 days 1t
29. Conspiracy to Commit a Crime 4 days 1t
30. Forgery 4 days 1t
31. Impersonation 4 days 1t
32. Concealment of Identity 4 days 1t
33. Impersonation of a Patrician 3 days 2t
34. Fraud 3 days 1t
35. Defrauding the Republic 1 wk 5t
36. Abuse of the Public Trust 1 wk 5t
37. Jail Time Outstanding 10 min nothing
38. Blasphemous Worship and Teachings 1 day 300d
39. Use of Outlawed Magics (Minor) 2 days 1000d
40. Use of Outlawed Magics (Major) 2 wks 10t
41. Blasphemous Propaganda 2 wks 2t
42. Treason 49 wks nothing
43. Enemy of the Republic 49 wks nothing
Sample IG Doc: Heresy
When uncertain of the necessity or application of these warrants, consultation with a higher authority in the Cult or Law Offices is suggested.
i. Blasphemous Worship
Private or semi-private worship or teachings non-conducive to the teachings of Ereal.
The sentence for this is four days in jail and three hundred denars fined.
ii. Use of Outlawed Magics (Minor)
Use of items or rituals that are considered relics unsanctioned for private use by the Cult of Ereal or the Republic. "Minor" offenses are considered personal in nature, and unharmful or undisruptive to others. Example: Blackroot crystal tears. Repeated offenses may result in a trial, or review by the priesthood.
The jail sentence is a week long, and carries a fine of one thousand denars.
iii. Use of Outlawed Magics (Major)
Use of items or rituals that are considered relics unsanctioned for private use by the Cult of Ereal or the Republic. "Major" offenses are either public in nature, or directed towards one or many targets. Will result in a trial or review by the Cult.
The initial sentence is two months, along with a fine of ten talents.
iv. Blasphemous Propaganda
Use of words, spoken or written, or actions that invalidate the religion of the Cult of Ereal and belief in the Republic's true god as well as public worship of any power outside of sanctioned Aspects of the Sun Father. Generally issued as a last step, after warnings and lesser warrants (Impropriety, Disturbing the Peace, etc.) have failed to deter the heretic. Crime must have affected a number of people or the public itself. Repeated offenses will result in a trial, or review by the priesthood.
The initial sentence is two months, along with a fine of five talents.
I've also changed how increased jail times are calculated, when a character lacks the money to pay the fine. Instead of being based off the fine itself (which sometimes resulted in 600% jail terms depending on how the fine was scaled to the jailtime minutes), it is a flat 25% increase on the jailtime. So, a 2 hour sentence becomes 2.5 hours.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|