Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > The Eternal City > Eternal City Staff News

Old 03-15-2012, 06:25 AM
Banned

Creatures stuck IG "(dead)" should now properly die if you attack them again. Violence IS the answer.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneller View Post
Creatures stuck IG "(dead)" should now properly die if you attack them again. Violence IS the answer.
Related fix: Guard creatures (friendly or otherwise) should no longer 'interpose' these deadites, allowing them to die properly.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Banned

After over a week of digging through every possible line of code related to warranting and lawkeeper AI, I've found the source of the no-attack-after-warranting bug and fixed it.

Note for vanity: It had nothing to do with any changes I've made recently to lawkeeps and had to do with some peculiarity in jail code.

While on topic:
* Short Version: I've gone through every line of code every GM has contributed to lawkeepers over the last sixteen years and cleaned it up.

* Long Version:
The excessive multi-warrant bug that seemed to emerge every few months on people should be completely fixed as of today as well. If it isn't, please @report. In the vast majority of cases, NPCs will only issue 1-2 charges for any given crime (there are intentional exceptions, but if you find yourself going to jail with 85 charges of Petty Theft, it's a bug.)

I've also made some general improvements to AI:
- Constable smarts and skills have been upgraded.
- Random bonuses to their attacks have been reduced.
- I've also done my best to minimize insta-repeat-attacks. Part of the high rate of repeat attacks (which affects all creatures) has to do with server processing and isn't entirely avoidable.
- Processing speed for constable AI has been streamlined and they should perform better, overall.

Note: They're the guinea pigs, so other lawkeeper types will be improved only as changes are proven to work, though bugs are fixed universally.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Ninja Turtle

Bows shouldn't get stuck worn and in your hands any longer. If so, PLEASE report the steps that lead up to it.

As a general reminder: showing how to reproduce a bug makes it 1000 times easier to find and fix, than just "This is broken, fix it."
Old 03-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Banned

Regardless of lag levels, you should no longer be able to look for more than one NPC from a crowd at a time.

Incidentally, lag as a result of repeat crowd-pulls should be drastically reduced.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:23 PM
Banned

I think I fixed the bug that causes lawkeeper NPCs to obsessively patrol 2-3 rooms after making an arrest, but that bug is weird on so many levels.

So if it does crop up again, please @report.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneller View Post
I think I fixed the bug that causes lawkeeper NPCs to obsessively patrol 2-3 rooms after making an arrest, but that bug is weird on so many levels.

So if it does crop up again, please @report.
I'm 95% sure that I can confirm this now. They'll still wander for a bit like most NPCs do after they've had some fun, but they won't speed-patrol 2 rooms, or roam the city for hours on end.

That one constable that was wandering for the last couple hours was left IG intentionally as my lab rat.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Banned

Want a drag?

The drag command has been put in its place.

Its processing has been streamlined and should, in most cases, have faster system response times.

The fatigue drain fix is a double-edged sword: The math was previously written in a way that resulted in either NO fatigue drain or an insane amount of fatigue drain. This should be normalized now: drag properly uses fatigue every time. The amounts vary based on several factors.

Note: How wounds affect dragging has not been touched. Wound levels can be low and still affect fatigue drain, depending on the type and location of the wound.

If you do still find odd cases of fatigue drain that you suspect are a bug, please @report them with as many details as possible. Forum threads don't provide me with any useful data to reference in the game.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Banned

Built portals no longer circumvent lighting with LOOK <dir>.

Previously:
- Looking east on an open street with no portal would tell you it's too dark.
- If there was a gate between the two streets, you could see anyway.

Currently:
- If it's too dark, you can't see.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Banned

Not really an ideal fix, but considering this has baffled every coder we have and continues to inconvenience players, I've put together a bandaid:

When you have an item that turns out to be both worn and inhand, you can force a fix using REMOVE <item>. It will be cleared out of your inventory and then moved back into your hand (or the ground, if your hands are unable to be emptied.)

It will also send data to the GMs to further help us track down this glitch.

This bug was most often noticed by archers and their bows, but it has on occasion affected other items.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Ninja Turtle

Lit candles can no longer be stowed in wearable containers.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Banned

I removed 226 idle sewer snakes from the bandit caves, and (I believe) repaired the bug that prevented them from going anywhere.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Banned

PS: You've always been able to stand in the room with the ladder. I've renamed it slightly to be more obvious that it isn't mechanically restricted.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Ninja Turtle

The Signal Tower Island gulls should (hopefully) no longer spawn fatigued.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Banned

The bug with language tutors has been fixed. Thanks to the honest folk who reported it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: