Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > The Eternal City > The Eternal City Mechanics

Old 04-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Cornflake Girl

Send a message via AIM to HotMoltenLava Send a message via MSN to HotMoltenLava
Maybe a... ditch command can be put in if the situation arises. This command will make the character auto sleep after they are left alone for 15 minutes of time. That way, after the attacker is done with them, they walk away... the character isn't left laying there idle without anyone at the helm. The @idle command wouldn't really work for this because you don't know how long the captor's plan to keep you, so any sleep out before they're finished would be considered OOC.

The command could also echo a notification to those in the room that the ditch command has been initiated, so they know once they leave the room, the character will be sleeping after a short period.

Maybe the ability to put in a comment like the afk command in the wa Ditch (Have to leave for work, have fun looting me blind!)

It would be better than sleeping out and making them think that they've been ooc, and also better than leaving someone unable to have some definitive of what will happen to their character should they leave. I suppose a safety clause could be added that it can only be used by any character once a month so it is not over used as an excuse.

*shrugs* I dunno. I know how frustrating it can be on both sides. SOME way of communication would be nice.
Dragaxus says to you, "You know you're quite sexy when you do that."
Amatoria spits crumbs all over, "You're just saying that."

Typically, 9 times out of 10 in TEC you are bored you just dont realize it because your brain functions at a higher rate and it keeps you from thinking about the possibility that you are simply sitting there doing absolutely nothing.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:09 PM

If you could talk to your attacker...I feel like it would take away from the attacker/victim experience. I foresee a lot of angry victims taking their rage out on the bandit/attacker as a player instead of the character.

Maybe its a good idea, but I personally dont like it
Old 04-15-2012, 04:04 AM
Shutups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkticketsarefun View Post
If you could talk to your attacker...I feel like it would take away from the attacker/victim experience. I foresee a lot of angry victims taking their rage out on the bandit/attacker as a player instead of the character.

Maybe its a good idea, but I personally dont like it
I do like the idea some sort of communication between victims when they're KO to attacker just out of common courtesy incase you have to keep them KO longer then you really intend to. There was a few cases I either proclaimed to a GM to let my victims in the past that I didn't intended to keep them under for that long or I gotta keep them under for just bit longer or I tried to find someone that had them on some kind of messenger to relay the message if there was no GM around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Powers View Post
Once again, as the ole TEC adage goes: When you cannot outsmart a person, complain louder.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:23 AM
Registered Abuser

Id like if you couldn't sleep a character that's KO or coma for an hour after the KO began? 'quit' will leave the character still in the game world, realistically vulnerable depending on where you are. I mean ideally it'd be cool if while KO or coma, the character remains in the game - it could 'sleep' once the coma/KO wore off. But I suppose this'd open a whole can of problems with starving to death etc which is a little much if due to RL you can't log back in for a day or so.
I don't know, I'm mean and only half paying attention.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:07 AM
damaged goods

Send a message via AIM to britta
Love, love, love Mizzy's suggestion. Or even, if you couldn't "sleep" a character who has been knocked out due to PvP? That the character will remain in game until their hp reaches 0, and then it would automatically log off, if the player had already done so? I would totally support that, in fact, I think that would solve SOOOO much...for both those who can't rp an hour or more of laying there KO, and also for those players who DO sleep to avoid ig consequences.

Is this a business or the personal fiefdom of a few volunteers?
Old 04-15-2012, 09:52 AM

If you are unconscious and 'ditch', then the legion comes in and drives away the bandits, then the legion picks you up and keeps you at their side, hoping you'll speak once you're awake... well the ditch command would then have to be viewable on the character itself, to relay to everyone interacting.

@idle can leave a person conscious awake, but will eventually sleep them out. There is no combination that leaves all persons satisfied.

@ko as I mentioned previously does leave room for abuse/misuse. A player certainly could harass someone who just beat them down. But this happens anyway, players hold onto feelings their characters should have, and it becomes personal. Anything that might help bridge player to player connection, while allowing for IG disputes, is a prospect for WIN in my book. Someone is abusing the @ko command? Alleviate their characters ability to use it. Problem solved.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:59 AM
Registered Abuser

the problem comes when you have different people defining 'abuse' in that manner.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzy View Post
the problem comes when you have different people defining 'abuse' in that manner.
We don't need different people to define it. If the GMs add a command, and then tell us what is abusing it.... line drawn. Cross the line, deal with the GMs.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:52 PM

It should be considered OOC to store your house keys in the bank.

*Edited for Mature Audiences*
[Disclaimer]: Any "trolling", malicious comments, unwarranted rudeness, childish, immature comments, purposeful attempts to derail the subject at hand, or anything else I deem offensive or detracting in any forum except eternal noise will be reported as such immediately.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:57 PM
damaged goods

Send a message via AIM to britta
actually, I usually leave my keyring, with my housekeys under the seat of my car.

Now, that would be considered OOC.

Is this a business or the personal fiefdom of a few volunteers?
Old 04-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Straight :G

Send a message via AIM to Elsana Send a message via MSN to Elsana
Quote:
Originally Posted by extraha View Post
It should be considered OOC to store your house keys in the bank.
What was your train of thought here?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: