Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > The Eternal City > The Eternal City Mechanics

Old 03-21-2012, 06:33 PM

Wagon Rental?

Is there a place where I can rent a wagon or something that can carry lots of weight? I have a ton of stuff in a room far away and don't feel like making 99 trips but would rather one super trip.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:06 PM
cybers with everyone.

Send a message via AIM to Dark997895 Send a message via MSN to Dark997895 Send a message via Skype™ to Dark997895
I believe Sesquiculus does. If not, then I am mistaken.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark997895 View Post
I believe Sesquiculus does. If not, then I am mistaken.
I saw that there was a wagon there for a few talents. Has anyone ever tried it out? What are the commands(drag, push, pull wagon?).
Old 03-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Cornflake Girl

Send a message via AIM to HotMoltenLava Send a message via MSN to HotMoltenLava
Generally the wagons suck. Unless they've been tinkered with since the last time I used them which i doubt, though I did talk to someone about their worthlessness at some point, so we can hope that perhaps they've seen to making them more useful.

You can pull the wagon <pull wagon direction>, but they put you in an enormous roundtime of like 700 seconds if it's got much of anything in it (that's for ONE block of movement, so what... like 12 minutes?). You can drag it <drag wagon direction> MAYBE if you're strong enough to even budge it... Basically, if you can't pull the sacks grouped up that are inside it, then you won't be able to drag the wagon. So I hope you're strong.

They'll fool you too, because you'll pack them up and they will hold A CRAPLOAD of stuff... but that doesn't mean you'll ever be able to move it and if you do you'll wish you hadn't tried.
Dragaxus says to you, "You know you're quite sexy when you do that."
Amatoria spits crumbs all over, "You're just saying that."

Typically, 9 times out of 10 in TEC you are bored you just dont realize it because your brain functions at a higher rate and it keeps you from thinking about the possibility that you are simply sitting there doing absolutely nothing.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:36 PM

If it is done during the day when you don't have a need for a light source you can drag stuff which goes as quickly as dragging the wagon.

Group all your stuff together then.

drag <pile> to vetallun road
drag <pile> to Crossroad

If you move from Iridine to Vetallun. Tried this before and it works
Old 03-22-2012, 12:32 AM
downbeats at 2-4kicksnare

Send a message via AIM to Armataan Send a message via MSN to Armataan Send a message via Yahoo to Armataan
the wagon is buggy, the 'pull' command gives dzens of minutes of roundtime.

that said, you can drag 1000+ pounds at a time with the wagon, whereas with dragging stuff that is in a group, it tops out at a max load.

From the treehouse, drag wagon to southwest. Stop. Drag wagon to stone toga, wait a half hour, golden.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armataan View Post
whereas with dragging stuff that is in a group, it tops out at a max load.
No. I dragged over 500 pounds. That is way over my max load.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:18 PM

Yeah, the wagons are not even remotely worth the time and effort, let alone 2 talents to purchase.

I remember the day when I saw Ghuan pulling his little wagon and someone posted it in the forums here. I think it was an lol thread at one time. It reminded him of one of the characters from charlie brown dragging around his little red blanket. I still remember that to this day. Haha.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to Armataan Send a message via MSN to Armataan Send a message via Yahoo to Armataan
Quote:
Originally Posted by enger View Post
No. I dragged over 500 pounds. That is way over my max load.
I didn't say 'your max load' I said 'a max load'. I have tried to drag things that weighed 1000 lbs or so, been told 'you cannot carry that much weight', and then put it all in a wagon and dragged it fine.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Roundtimes have been tweaked and will now never extend beyond 30 seconds. Roundtime is based on the wagon's weight/load and the puller's strength. Also, a max amount that can be pulled has been added, also dependent on the puller's strength.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceadu View Post
Roundtimes have been tweaked and will now never extend beyond 30 seconds. Roundtime is based on the wagon's weight/load and the puller's strength. Also, a max amount that can be pulled has been added, also dependent on the puller's strength.
See you guys do read the forums and act on it! Champs
Old 03-23-2012, 08:58 PM

I am not exactly pleased that me clarifying how they function has led to a 'nerf' of their functionality.

But oooooo well.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:34 PM
cybers with everyone.

Send a message via AIM to Dark997895 Send a message via MSN to Dark997895 Send a message via Skype™ to Dark997895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armataan View Post
I am not exactly pleased that me clarifying how they function has led to a 'nerf' of their functionality.

But oooooo well.
The fact that there was an item ingame that was supposed to be helpful to people to get things around and was considered worthless both due to price and functionality. Dragging all your stuff in sacks across the street and town shouldn't be the commonly accepted moving technique. This is Roman based after all, and the Romans knew something about moving.

I'm glad this was fixed. Now moving a ton of stuff all over the place is somewhat more reasonable. Now if only inns would let you "stable" your wagon so you don't just leave it in the street...
Old 03-23-2012, 10:20 PM
damaged goods

Send a message via AIM to britta
Quote:
Now if only inns would let you "stable" your wagon so you don't just leave it in the street...
or if we were able to rent a horse/ass/oxen to pull the wagonif it WAS to heavy.

Is this a business or the personal fiefdom of a few volunteers?
Old 03-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to lykatos
Quote:
Now if only inns would let you "stable" your wagon so you don't just leave it in the street...
I just pulled mine inside... I'm not sure about inns or houses inside the city though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucaria View Post
Maybe because I don't play the game anymore it costs more for me, not sure. I haven't been following it, mostly because I don't care about a game full of morons.
+1 for irony.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: