Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > Ironclaw Online > Ironclaw Online Discussion

Old 11-12-2011, 08:13 PM

Again my oppinion

Think the only reason you get so many savages is because it's one of the few classes that get magic as a starting skill
Old 11-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Schizophrenic Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiranis View Post
Think the only reason you get so many savages is because it's one of the few classes that get magic as a starting skill
Not that it's implemented at all yet.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:21 AM

Who can resist having a character with magic knowledge ^_^ if it was fully implemented I know i wouldn't of as for now Kiranis has 1 in magic I would of got her up to three at minimum if my trial did not end T_T
Old 11-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Cassanunder

This also has to do with the bug fix that Az posted about. Sang's suddenly started throwing out mostly bad rolls when playing an instrument. He's got very high music skills, should this be happening? It's roughly 9/10 are bad rolls, we did this for quite a bit, so I'm pretty sure it's not just luck.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magister View Post
This also has to do with the bug fix that Az posted about. Sang's suddenly started throwing out mostly bad rolls when playing an instrument. He's got very high music skills, should this be happening? It's roughly 9/10 are bad rolls, we did this for quite a bit, so I'm pretty sure it's not just luck.
Try and page me if you see me online, and I'll check what's happening.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:46 PM

Looks like the merchants have the same problem with bad rolls.
Here's a happy one for you.

Happy trails to you until we meet again.
Happy trails to you, keep smilin' until then.
Who cares about the clouds when we're together?
Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather.
Happy trails to you 'till we meet again.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:10 AM

Ive had this problem, brought 35 bolts of linen, 25 were average quality. The chances of that are astronomically low. I @assisted
Old 11-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Music & merchants should be fixed.
What was happening is those scripts were still using the old dice rolling system of 1 to 12, rather than allowing 1-24. With this update, you can roll all the way to 24, and it didn't know how to handle the high rolls.

Please @bug if you notice anything else behaving like this.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:26 PM

Unbalanced Career

One thing I've noticed, and since it's not a prominent career it seemed to be overlooked is the Priest career. This is a career that gets 2 skills only and neither one of them goes up on a point for point basis. As a level 7 Priest I've got First Aid (5) and Religion (4). I would like to see this fixed a bit as currently even a scholar (who gets more than 2 skills) gets a better knowledge of religion than a priest does... along with getting several other skills all at equal level to their career level. Maybe Magic as an extra skill? (I know it's not coded, but that's ok, priests are supposed to use the divine magic of S'Allumer and all that so it would at least look good to have it). Since there are only 3 of them (if you did add magic, 2 without) put them all at equal to level? Or at the very least put religion to equal to level? Just my 2 cents, I realize Priest isn't a popular class and doesn't do combat, or crafting, or buy stuff for people so really not many people will care, but wanted to chime in.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Reasonable comments about the priest.

It's been a while, so I don't remember the career well, but will take a look. There may be a reason why they get low skills, such as getting hidden skills or other options. Or it might be that we intended it as a "gateway career" to white magic, and since that isn't coded yet, we should reconsider

I do think it would be fun to see more priests around the gameworld.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:56 AM

I would like to ask when the careers Dilettante and Scholar will implemented into the game?

They do not seem to be options during character creation, and because of such I have currently needed to choose Entertainer and Spy for my characters careers. I admit though I would like to see about getting the option of having one or both of careers Dilettante and Scholar.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenetioRinaldi View Post
I would like to ask when the careers Dilettante and Scholar will implemented into the game?
Both Scholar and Dilettante are implemented and fully working, you just cant pick them at character creation. Ask a friendly PC to point you in the right direction IG
Old 11-12-2013, 09:27 AM
***** Prowler

I think they're available at character creation for premium accounts, but I'm not positive. Anyway, yeah, you can learn them in game from players once you get to know them
Old 05-26-2014, 07:06 PM

Can this list be updated with what is implemented in game? I know you'll likely need to post it again after new new combat is put in and there is talk of re balancing careers but I think this list is out of date.

It would be great if the (not yet implemented) skills would either be worked on or replaced with with something else.

An example is spy:

Career: Spy

Skills that this career helps with:

observation - affects your ability to notice the out-of-place and unusual in game, ie being pickpocketed, being followed, finding hidden items

shadowing - affects your ability to shadow/follow people without being noticed (not fully implemented)

stealth - affects your ability to go unnoticed in the game world (not yet fully implemented)
---

three skills and only one works. Don't get me wrong, observation is a great skill and this career likely gets a good pay but having two skills that aren't finished makes it a useless career.

And spy is just one of the many that are overly useless, spy, assassin, and scout have more useless skills than useful.

Also I believe some of the careers are out of date like wood carver, miner, and milliner aren't viable *unless of course staff allows players to farm raw materials* and other new careers aren't up like seamstress, needleworker, ranger, and whaler aren't put on the list.

I believe trading and appraise need to be updated too as they have changed recently.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: