Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > The Eternal City > The Eternal City Mechanics

View Poll Results: Raise SP cap from 0.02 to something better Or Lower Cycle Days
Yes 12 30.77%
No 27 69.23%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2012, 09:22 AM

Increase In End Cap

Currently I play untill I cap sps and get a 0.02 gain, takes 1 day if not 2 then I stop playing TEC no point in doing 100 swings for 2.50 sps and then i have to rest, I play a combat and its discouraging training past 0.02 so I don't come back untill next cycle so for 4 days I don't vote, well I lost my character recently and have to start over and that's were the real problem comes in knowing how long it will take me to train almost makes me not want to play, I understand its to avoid scripters? Well they still script.. They need to raise end cap from 0.02 to something better not something crazy.. So people stay active and the mud gets more votes/rp and grows. Punishing everyone to stop power gamers is kinda stupid they will power train anyway its there choice and this game isn't about skill's but you need them for decent rp..

At least raise it to like 0.05 so after 100 swings and the baths I can atleast put 1 skill in a easy move.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Banned

I'm 99.9% positive that you can put one rank into a first slot easy move after each and every fatigue bar unless you have abysmal endurance.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:35 AM

Please don't vote if you have a character that's almost/or completely maxed.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:38 AM
TEC druggy.

Send a message via MSN to rebel69s
I just created a new character and it took me 4 cycles of pretty regular training to hit min gains. This cycle (currently his 4th) I got 230-240 sp before I hit min gains. I believe if you "train" or fight brigands/Alleys/Dumps/Pits a full fatigue bar youll achieve about 7sp. Now..if you set your nublet char up to mega train you can get 15-20sp a fatigue bar at min gains. If you need help or need better explaining PM me.

~Jere~

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Tale responds from afar, "You have, right now, more unspent sp than I've ever accumilated with characters I've actually played with total, in almost 14 years."
Old 01-26-2012, 09:47 AM

Definitely no. There are people who script no matter what and this will just give them bigger edge.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Aussie

Not another one of thesse threads. mOh and heaven forbid you ROLEPLAY! I mean that would be a ridiclious idea.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:08 AM
downbeats at 2-4kicksnare

Send a message via AIM to Armataan Send a message via MSN to Armataan Send a message via Yahoo to Armataan
I get 1.5 ranks per fatigue bar at minimum gains. Why on earth are you complaining?

80 ranks a cycle is not hard, and is not too low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinianQuartz View Post
HAIL CULEXUS
Old 01-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Outwit, Outplay, Outlast

Id try and RP some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armataan View Post
Did I just get told Synodia was a better RPed character than Culexus?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucaria View Post
The player of Synodia should be made a GM, he seems to have no favorites and hates everyone equally.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:10 PM
This is my duck face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanton View Post
words
Lol. You're everything I despise about modern TEC. This is a role-playing game. If you only play one to two days a week just to get your SP cap, without really roleplaying, then you should find another game. Because, surprise, we don't want you if you don't roleplay.

There are plenty of games out there that require absolutely no roleplay, and you can chain train until your little heart's content. WoW, Grendel's Revenge, Pokemons, to name a few.

Role-effing-play or gee-tee-eff-oh.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:20 PM

Harder to role play when you can't kill shit. I wanted to go on a hunt but alas was too unskilled. If only I didn't rp so much and trained harder, wait I hit min gains
Old 01-26-2012, 04:23 PM

At every level you can kill stuff, and often that stuff is mixed in with other stuff.

Its true it might be pointless trying to go kill mountainside barbarians on your own if you struggle with serpent sewers, but....

Some attacks take down things other attacks wont, so perhaps the best idea is to learn what hunting grounds there are, find something that nearly kills you and learn your level, learn what it will take to take down that critter easily..and theres your goal for the next month.

As for going on a hunt, perhaps if the people go to that place often, learn what attacks you need to know to hit stuff there, ask someone to guard you, consider if your training is focused on defense or attack. You say you have a combat char, well part of combat can be team work, find someone to work along side, figure out your strategies for taking stuff you cant handle alone.

All that sort of thing can be in your rp, and really if you are new to the game, take your time and enjoy each hunting ground, because those who can hunt everywhere with ease will probably tell you how laborious it gets when you can kill everything in game and have been able to for a number of years.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:27 PM
This is my duck face.

I only have one character that can hunt shit. The rest are purely for roleplay and can't even take down angry gulls on the island.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:48 PM

I hate to point this out but I've been taking reading's from the boards we use to vote, and it happens to prove a point of mine and should really be considered It shows that at the start of a cycle the volume of votes is huge, then dies off to a crawl as we progress waiting for the next cycle, come new cycle we will rocket a few hundred votes easily in that day... It just goes to show people don't enjoy having to train so hard and I'm not saying make it so easy it makes people leave but if cap was slightly better than what it is today it would improve pretty much everything from more people exploring and hunting and not people leaving untill next cycle.

And everyone always says something about botters making 500-800 sp's a cycle? What do you suggest I have to bot endlessly to make a few hundred sp? I'd rather not want to spend my time botting endlessly to barely make any sp.

Plus these botters/powertrainers you speak of making 800 sp's a cycle aren't normal people they are your old players with awesome stats, maybe fatigue traits.

And why not just fix botting I can think of a lot of ways to completely crush it.

Make it so they have to rotate hunting grounds more often to get sp so we get more people in more area's atleast!

I'm not saying make it huge sp gain for all you rank 300 people crying that everyone will catch up to you, just abit better than what it is, people will bot less with more people around to catch them atleast. Instead of waiting for the next 200 sp cap, honestly all you rank 300 people should be crying about them making ranks higher because as it is we are catching you because you aren't going anywhere! ha!

And don't sit here and lie to yourself are votes rock at the start of every cycle and die the second to third day after, I'm just saying we can make them rock all week and get TEC growing like I know it can be.

I mean hell I would rather like to make 20-30 sp's for a hunt with end gain rather than 8-10 sps for the hour to two hours invested for the thousands of SP i still need.. And I'm not talking about newbie SP gain I'm talking about the general sp gain for everyone.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:28 PM

I voted no. I do think a tweak to noob sp gain could be useful. There is already a heavy boost to noob sp gain until min-gains, but I think extending the actual min-gains cap a bit for new accounts wouldn't be bad, especially with the lack of fun, challenging PC hunting grounds for noobs and lowbies.

This is also a symptom of the fact that the playerbase is small enough that not being top-end leaves you without many opportunities for making hunting friends as most combat-oriented players have been here for years. This is partially solved by the badgers, but the problem there is most noobs don't even know they exist. I think new chars should spawn in a badger's forum, with NPCs that explain the badgers and auxilli, and options to mark themselves as actual noobs so that members of these orgs can OOCly identify them as such. It's nice that we have forums for making events, but true noobs really need IG meeting places to explain this stuff, I think.

Really, though, I still think the lack of interesting combat for noobs is an issue. The colosseum is great, but it's usually occupied.
Maybe a new 'general' skill called "wait". Which allows you to wait for boats/caravans etc. Each rank could give you a 1% chance not to miss it so at rank 100 you'd be best at catching the boats whilst AFK, and it would also provide a benefit to ranking it up.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:02 PM

It's not hard to start over I dont know why people keep saying it is. I got 3.5k sp in about a month and half stop crying and just train

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: