Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > The Eternal City > The Eternal City Game World

Old 12-22-2011, 01:50 AM
Blorp!

Send a message via MSN to Siek
Want to contribute to the library?

Greetings citizens and residents of Iridine!

Ever wish that darn library would just open up already?
Ever wish you could get the scoop on the great history of the republic?
Ever wish you could just jump into a fictional scandal about that servant girl from Franlius and the Fisherman from Blackvine?
Now is your chance to be a part of making this happen!

The Auxilii, with the aid of prospective organization team-ups, will be hosting a grab-bag event in the near future for the sake of the Library of Iridine with the sleepless dedication from our beloved GMs.

What we need from you : Stories!

What is acceptable - You are welcome to submit writings about the history of Iridine (This history must be approved by GMs and proven legitimate. Don't try to make up false histories!) including anything from political agenda to war. It's up to you and your memories!
No false history will be approved. Let's get real!

You can write about the skills you know and how to best achieve your gladiator dreams! Or the most appealing fashions for tailors of our day and age! Or tell the city why tridents suck so badly!

You can write tales of fiction! The grubby little urchan who got his hands cut off for his thieving little ways!

Just remember... all of this has to stay true to the in character nature of Iridine and the story lines of TEC. All history will be looked over before approved for truth and accuracy!
And do NOT plagiarize for Ereal's sake. Nobody wants to find google stories in our library! Use your creative talents. We want to know the real scoop and to create new scoops!

In return for your approved submissions, the Auxilii will be handing out grab bags of prizes.
At this point in time we will be working on gathering worth while prizes. If any of you have anything to donate, there will be word spreading in game sooner than later and you are most welcome to share anything you have collecting dust in your rooms or bank accounts that could help this along.

Remember, the history of Iridine can not only improve your game play for your characters now, but the future characters you could wish to create. It would also benefit new players immensely if they would like to nerd out on really knowing our game world that we love so dearly.

Get ready for it players! Get your stories ready to share.

You have just been awarded 20 role points.(For being a part of the most disturbing scene I've ever been involved with in TEC. Ever.)
Old 12-22-2011, 03:04 AM
Lycanthopic Hero

Location: The Afterlife (Unless Summoned from the grave to save a princess/the world)
Send a message via MSN to alteredbeast Send a message via Yahoo to alteredbeast
Oooh, librariness. If it opens, I'll have to pay for basic, so my lockie can get his Remathen hands on new literature.

If you're not talented at writing and got five bucks there are plenty of people here willing to write original short stories "for five bucks". Yes. I'm that lazy.

-M

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson
Old 12-22-2011, 03:06 AM

Heroic tales abound!
Newpatriot asks you, "I've got a man in all 5. Why do you ask?"

<01:28:30> "That Gay Dude": Dude, I'm not even gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bactrian
Your signature has been edited to remove a quote from another player. Let's not use signatures to make other players look silly, please (even if you are just quoting their own words).
Old 12-22-2011, 05:27 AM
Giant demon badger

Oh my... seriously? This is happening?

*EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!*

But! What do we mean by "false histories"? Because I've done a couple of things that I think are worth including, but I don't know if they count:

1) Histories of (fake) characters that tie in with established Iridine history

2) "Expanded Universe"-type stuff that dovetails with the stated history of Iridine while adding additional characters who may have been involved. (For example, I made up a back-story for the military barracks on Signaltower Island that does not conflict with anything in the help files or the TEC manual).

Would that sort of thing be OK?

(If you remember that Library Annex website I used to run, it's the same stuff that was on there).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracked.com, on "Pottermore"
But if there is real, player vs player dueling enabled, a whole realm of emergent-gameplay opportunities open up that can be used to wreck everything for everyone. We already know how this will play out - wrecking a community isn't a new hobby, not since the Vikings invented player-killing in the eighth century
Old 12-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Blorp!

Send a message via MSN to Siek
Making up stories that do not altar the actual events that have taken place is perfectly fine!
You can create stories that deal with real places and any sort of character you would like to bring to life in that scenario...

But you cannot say things along the lines of "During this war, this senator did this to so and so" if it never happened like that. Just no tampering with events that have already taken place, basically.

But let the stories flow!

You have just been awarded 20 role points.(For being a part of the most disturbing scene I've ever been involved with in TEC. Ever.)
Old 12-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Straight :G

Send a message via AIM to Elsana Send a message via MSN to Elsana
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBandJ View Post

But! What do we mean by "false histories"? Because I've done a couple of things that I think are worth including, but I don't know if they count:

2) "Expanded Universe"-type stuff that dovetails with the stated history of Iridine while adding additional characters who may have been involved. (For example, I made up a back-story for the military barracks on Signaltower Island that does not conflict with anything in the help files or the TEC manual).

(If you remember that Library Annex website I used to run, it's the same stuff that was on there).
PM me if you can, love. I have to find you IG but the holidays are nuts, so I want to try to be on at the same time if we can.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:12 AM
Darth Platipus

Send a message via ICQ to Rupert Send a message via AIM to Rupert
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBandJ View Post

That library Annex site went inactive because nobody contributed, it was pretty sad. I put 3-4 pieces up on there myself in the hopes of inspiring others, but nothing ever came of it. As much as I'd like to see the blanks filled in, is there really enough interest from the player base to do this?

Past experiences point to no.

Also, it looks like you have GM support on this. I know this won't be the first time the GM's will be receiving lore and stories from the playerbase (If they playerbase submits any this time). What kind of guarantee do we have that it will actually be held onto, logged, and applied to the future of the library? One of the main reasons interest has been lost in writing for this over the years, is because most of the material has simply been misplaced, or one can only imagine deleted or never read. I know I'd personally like to know the specifics on this.

You mean it's true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phwoar View Post
Maybe I'm just becoming some tea-sipping hippy, or maybe I'm sour because my main uses cesti, but, why sacrifice a character idea for the sake of some hypothetical edge in some imagined combat situation in the distant future?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elowynn View Post
Rupert is like the Snowden champion of TEC.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:54 AM
TEC Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
What kind of guarantee do we have that it will actually be held onto, logged, and applied to the future of the library?
My word.

If that isn't enough, then focus on all goodies that will be rewarded to you for usable content. Me making sure loot is had is something almost anyone who has played over the last year will tell you is a pretty good bet.
"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: