Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > Lovecraft Country > Arkham by Night Discussion

Old 10-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to SPXios
Account Hopping and the Money Cheat

For those of you that are not familiar with the concept of Account Hopping, it is where you create a trial account and play for 30 days. When the account expires, you create a new account. And so on. This is generally frowned upon by most Skotos games. While I am certainly happy for us to have as many players as we can, it is important to remember that the new character is not the old character. Items, cash and past relationships do not transfer to the new character. This is the price that you pay by not having a paid account. At the end of 30 days, the story of that character expires. You can and are encouraged to then pay for the account and continue the story of the character you have crafted over the last 30 days.

Which does bring me to a subject I am interested to hear the views of the payers about. If you don't know which money cheat I am refering to, do go about your day and enjoy the game. Those that have used this in the past, I have no intententions of touching the money you have already created since it would be too much work to discover the source of the money. But I find myself leaning towards being opposed to people continuing to abuse the system in this way. It devalues the money of those that do not cheat. Once I have storypoints working, it will devalue the storypoint rewards for allowances and care packages from home. I would rather have more legitimate sources of income.

But I would like to hear what you, the players, think and feel about this subject.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:25 AM

I agree

I agree with what you are saying about having more legitimate means of income. Even when selecting during character creation the option that gives the most starting money, that money goes fast compared to income through jobs. I know there are a few jobs that offer higher starting pay of about $5 for students, but that can go fast and those jobs are only geared for a people studying a select skill set. I know in the past I have specifically chosen those jobs for pay and not for any other reason which really takes away from the game for me.

Some things that I feel might be good would be to see in increase in pay for jobs across the board. The lowering of prices on some items in game.

One feature that would be nice to see in game for all characters is an allowance from home. I mean, even the poor kids who are attending school are apparently well off enough to go to university. It would not be inconceivable for them to receive some sustaining monies from home for a set period on a semi-annual basis. I'm not talking huge numbers, but something would be nice. I'll assist the idea rather than posting it here for the time being.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:34 AM

This response is pretty late, but I would much prefer to see this sort of thing treated the same way as any sort of regular alt abuse.

Namely, that the two characters, being controlled by the same player, are alts, even if attached to two completely different skotos accounts.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: