Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > Ironclaw Online > Calabria Chat

Old 09-09-2010, 12:11 AM

Lightbulb Meanwhile, in Triskellian...

Heyo!

This thread is for people to share a little slice of life in Triskellian. The idea is to give a personal snapshot of what's going on with your character at around this time.

It can be anything you want, from a complete non-sequitur to a description of something important they did today, or even small chunks of important scenes that happened in-game. It can be something you actually roleplayed, or something bluebooked. The only rule is that you have to keep it relatively short. Also, it would be good to put your character name somewhere in the post's title so we can keep track of who we're reading about.

A final note: Please remember that even though you may have read something in this thread, it doesn't mean your character knows about it. Be mindful!

So, Triskellian -- What are you up to?

Last edited by ery-ico; 09-09-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:16 AM

Ery

"C'mon, 'elp me out 'ere! Ah' been dry fer weeks!"

The bartender watches the angry-looking wolf. It's not the first time she's tried this stunt. He's had to deal with much more threatening folks before...

Ery makes a rude gesture and stomps away to the commons. What's a girl gotta do to get a drink around here?
Old 09-09-2010, 01:03 AM
Fading into the crowd

Never a moment of rest
She tugs her mask securely over her face, tossing her rings aside, the sound of silver and gold on wood.
She drags her rapier from her hip, setting it neatly in the corner of the room, plopping down for a moment sinking into the colorful cushions before letting her eyes drift over various weapons displayed messily before her.

Now what...maybe just a dagger tonight, the docks are quiet anyway.
She slides a few daggers into choice positions, tucking them into her boots and one just at the crook of her hip. She sighs and takes one last look art the masked fox in the mirror, her fur darkly stained with the odd temporary dye
This is where boredom takes us?
She adjusts her mask one last time and heads out the door.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:12 AM

She pushes the needle into the fabric again completing another stitch, while daydreaming. Over in the maple crib a little chirp resounds suddenly through the fancy room. Meepers turns her eyes to the crib to see two little shiny sapphire eyes peering out at her just bagging for attention and to be rescued from the crib. Meepers smiles at the tiny little snow leopard. “I hear you Aine, I guess it is time to quit working and go and have some fun isn’t it?” Aine just responds by bouncing about excitedly. Meepers laughs richly and says to Aine, “Ok ok I get it! That is a diffident yes!”

As she bends over the crib and reaches inside for the little bundle of fur, she begins to think back to when she first met Aine. She always thought her life was missing something, she was always discontented with things…but Aine seemed to fill that void. She began to look forward to Aine waking every morning. She really did have fun being mother it was so fulfilling. She gives Aine a snuggle and turns to change her nappy and go out into the world today to have some fun and to talk with her friends and such. Then she had to sit down to plan a social.

Love has no past no future. It is here in the present so you must savor each and ever moment of it before it slips away.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:51 PM
MISCHEIF

Send a message via Yahoo to TroubuleD
A Siren's Cry

Once again she stares upon the harsh seas, wondering when or if she will return to the horrid city in which she came from, if her child and herself will even survive. Dark clouds surround the ship on which she sails, as well as surrounding her worried mind. Will they survive to meet land again? Madalina hurries to the ladder, escaping the fresh rainfall. Her hand settles against the door to the crew quarters, where her beautiful son rests. Inching the door open carefully, noiselessly, Madalina drifts gracefully toward her child. Her eyes shine briefly as she skims his angelic face, her throat rumbling to him a sweet melody.
------------------------Survival-----------------------------------
The storm has settled, the greens of a new land has been spotted......Gathering the reason for her existence in her arms, Maddy trails behind her brothern Ravask, following him onto the shores of Mon Paradis.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Deliciously Flambouyant

Virendra stands in the center of his room in the Severed tail. His fists rest on his hips as he grins upwardly at rather revealing portrait of himself, "Damn, I'm beautiful." He smiles his deranged smile and glances around his modest room. It's nice, but he could want more. Though he knows that more would cost money. He sighs at his dilemma, obviously putting too much thought into it. His gaze eventually turns to the portrait again. All worry washed from his head, he grins, "Damn, I'm beautiful."
Old 10-05-2010, 05:24 PM

A few days earlier, late in the evening...

Georgianna hastened her boot-clad paws down the freshly familiar shortcuts through the city's darkened streets as the short youth hired upon landing struggled in haste behind with a carpet bag far outweighing his tiny frame. She reached the tavern and sprinted through the door, up the stairs and down the hall to her long-abandoned quarters faster than she could even retrieve the key from her purse strings. With impulsive haste she shoved the key into the keyhole and turned, her heart racing with every pin that dropped neatly into place. The door swung wide; heavy and loud with the weight of eighteen months of disuse. Light flooded into the space as she sprinted through and recklessly tore dust guards off every surface and furnishing before retiring to the center of the room, heavily panting. She turned slowly in place, taking in the garments that hung with their bright, unadulterated rainbow colors over everything in the room of her fondest memories. She spun faster and faster, giggling more and more irrepressibly with every twirl before falling face first into a nearby pile of fine silken garments. She was home.

Having finally caught his breath, the now stunned porter dropped the carpet bag unceremoniously in place before fleeing in terror from the room. He was thoroughly confused.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Deliciously Flambouyant

Virendra stood over the anvil broodingly. Staring down at the smooth surface that had seen much work in the past couple months. Was he really getting old? He glanced over at the mirror and saw the chubby, thirty-three year old reflection peer back at him. He sighed and muttered, "The coffee is too bitter, the sun is too hot, the sky is too blue, and the grass is too green. Perhaps...the grass will be browner on the other side of the fence?" He abandoned his work at the anvil and paced around his room, "That's what we need...more brown, dead, modest grass. Grass that dosn't care about what people think. Hell, maybe some weeds or two. But the grass won't care. It will just shrug it off." He now grinned, "Perhaps...the dandilions will grow white and the breeze will carry off their leaves. And those leaves will infect the brown grass. But that grass wouldn't care. And if the dandilions saw this...they would say 'Well, if that's how you want to be' and they'd go somewhere else. Probably the green grass." He now laughed, "And, of course. The green grass would care. And the dandilions would stay, because of that. But either way, the brown grass would be fine...because it dosn't care." Virendra was probably making an analogy for something, he just didn't know it. Slowly, he returned to his work and sighed, "And while this whole thing is happening, I'll be here in my room working on my anvil...complaining, because my materials aren't good enough." He eyed an iron rod that seemed to have been rusted, and rather mishandled by some previous owner, "But you don't care...do you?"
Old 10-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Debonair and stuff

** On Board the Bitter Portent **

He'd been having quite the pleasant dream, what with the contented ebb and sway of the boat through calm sea waters. Or at least he thought he had been. He was fairly certain there were women involved. At least two, possibly three very well-made wolf women of varying colored fur, each of them smelling distinctly of lilac and something spicy that he couldn't quite name.

And then a deafening crack startled him awake. Startled him to the point that he tried to leap from his bed ... Only his bed was a hammock and it is decidedly difficult to leap from a hammock without tangling a foot somewhere so he tumbled from the hanging bit of mesh and promptly broke his nose on the wooden flooring.

"Drats and curses and what the --?!" Feverrette shouted.

His voice was lost as another crack rent through the ship, followed by the shudder of cannons recoiling into their cannonades. Being a mostly intelligent sort of man, Feverrette needed no further explanations and began to prep the medical bay ...
Old 11-03-2010, 02:13 PM

Donovon huddled in the corner of the common area. None of the city folk understood him, and one who did only spoke broken low tongue. His rite or proving was going poorly and he was sick for home. His stomach growled as he peered out at the strangers , dressed in odd skins and gibbering at him in stranger tongues.

His search for the glimmer was going well, but a wife and a victory were still far from his reach. His father would be most displeased, and the tribe will surely cast him out if he returns with nothing.

He was sure the battle was near, ut he couldnt see it, he knew he would be killed if he hunted the wrong infidel.

The Odd Wolf Redra Var was his only real spectator, most shy from him, but this wolf watches him, as though he were studying his ways. And Redra's woman Maedra seemed kind but there was some ach within her that Donovon couldnt place

This was all bad, danger was near he could smell it, what was its name, what did it taste like. Was it as thick as blood or as sweet as the fruit he found tucked away in the foul smelling northern blocks.

Perhaps fishing was in order, or perhaps he might be better suited as a cast out, the unclean...
Old 11-04-2010, 01:09 AM
MISCHEIF

Maedra, Phael Pria.

The words came to her almost fluently, and as if they were her own native tongue. She barely even recognized her own sentences, as they slipped through her lips ,
" Es Maedra Phael Pria."
The man called Daen'vn swept over her again with his penetrating blood-red eyes. Once more he bobbed his head, and responded ,
"Daen'vn ken scen' et Maedra Phael Pria."
She only smiled, wondering what he meant by his words. "My scent?," She asked herself. Maybe the lingering aroma of her daughter Ammilyah's scent still settled on her fur, though taking a bath or two everyday should have washed that away by now. How did he smell Phelan on her? She hadn't an idea.
"Redra Var ungren et Maedra?"
The man called Daen'vn shook his head at her, and pounded his chest with his fist once ,
"Redra Var ungren Daen'vn."
She forced a pathetic smile, hoping "Redra Var" would walk into the commons so they could settle their childish dispute. Madalina shifted uneasily, and refocused her attention on the word "Pria."
Old 10-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Fading into the crowd

Narrows

Slipping from her leggings the beast oozed into the bathing pool, a long deserved break from Triskellian. She plunged herself into the water, the temporary ochre flowing from her fur, revealing her stark white form. She had been away from THree Corners now for too long, and the recent events that had driven her here were as good a reason to relax as any. She lathered her fur , methodically working the soap into her skin. She dipped herself back, lifting her head from the pool and glancing around. Something was wrong.
The few the proud..the town guard? Korl hadnt signed on to raid the dressing rooms of inn guests , he couldnt believe he was so low on the chain to just have to give in to the captains wishes. He should have quit, but no. As he lifted hs large gloved paw to the door he curled his large fingers into themselves. He reared back and brought the hammer of an appendage down hard on the door's lock, it flung wide. He stalked in flanked by several of the other guards as the scattered into the heavily shrouded room. The steam and incense was overpowering and he could just barely make out the other men let alone the supposed troublemaker. His eyes continue to skim, and suddenly he catches a glimpse, a flash of white in the background, something strangely familiar, something dangerously familiar about the shape, the woman was fast, and he rushed, but to no avail. He pushed his head out the window to see the nude white form dashing down the street, and into the narrows.

"Great" He muttered, knowing full well when people enter the narrows, theyre either familiar, and wont be found...or theyre not familiar..and will be found in the morning...in the gutter. But there was something else..something ...wrong.

Rushing for the window as the door crashed in she grabbed a single bag, the only bag that could link her to her normal life. She was certain as she bounced through the window, that she could lose themn in the narrows. Two steps, then a drop, she landed and rolls to her feet, her already broken ribs twanging with familiar pain. She then bound down the street and into the narrows, her feet knew the way, and she was quickly lost in the tangle of streets. She scrambled up the side of a nearby shop and pushed her way into the open window. Here she dressed and went through her things, a deep frown forming over her lips. She'd left her dye and her mask, she was completely revealed She had to make her way back to Triskellian quickly, she could at least return to those who knew her, and with luck, that hulking beast of a wolf guard wouldnt track her any further than he had to.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:42 PM
MISCHEIF

Melodies and Mirrors.

As she slid her fingers through her hair, she hummed a familiar melody, something she remembered being sung to her as a child. The tune to this melody tickled her curious side over the years for this melody was a sweet, soft, and happy one and nothing about her childhood seemed to match with it. Did someone once love her as a child? Before she had found her new family,was there someone else? Who knew, and honestly, who cared. Madalina was growing older in each day, even if she appeared close to that of a newly grown young woman. The past was now too distant to bother with, and the future wasn't promised. A lesson she learned late in life.............. Her fingers continue to snake through her beautiful black locks, the hairbrush following afterward. The tune floated around her empty room, kissing the walls before returning to her own ears. She thought about her home, the family that found her and took her as their own, and how much she missed them. Daddy's ship had already returned home, his people tired of wasting time on her, which she understood. Half of Madalina's heart loathed the idea of not returning home on that vessel, but the other half knew she was now a mother, and was soon re-marrying the child's father. The rational part of her knew that she had responsibilities, and the sea was no place for such a young child. As well as that, Madalina couldn't bare the idea of leaving him again, finally they would fix what went wrong, and have the beautiful family she had once dreamed of. The sea would remain there, grazing the edges of her heart ....
Old 10-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Instrumental

Send a message via AIM to Viola
I wrap my arms and my tail around my torso trying to keep warm but I'm freezing and I think I might be dead. I watch from the trees as the horizon turns from yellow to orange, to red and then stars. The black smoke rises, it can be seen from miles away. I hear a gunshot from far within the burning embers, a furious silence follows and I realize I must be dreaming.

My eyes are open now, and I can feel the burning in my leg. I try, but I can't remember what it's like to be free of the pain. I keep my body still except for my eyes searching the room for relief. I spot my flask of whiskey as i slide my tongue across my dry and chewed lips. I prepare to get up from my bed, I reach for it and I wonder how long I could wait for Harken to come and help me, but then I feel the shame of not being able to do these things on my own. I lock my teeth onto my lower lip and ignore my leg as much as I can. I zone out, and suddenly I am sitting on the bed, my feet flat on the floor and I can't find my cane...
Old 10-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Nunc Scio Quit Sit Amor

Send a message via Skype™ to Super_Gem
Gemma dragged the heavy curtains shut across her windows. The night had ended and dawn was breaking fresh upon the, so far, quiet dock-side town. An empty goblet, once full of rum, dropped from her hand and rattled across the cluttered floorboards.

The evening had been a complete nightmare.

She had sat silently throughout the ceremony; struggling against the sensation of her memories ramming themselves fruitlessly against this new boundary in her mind. It's as though there was a block there now - a lid kept firmly upon the simmering emotions that her past elicited.

But what memories were they?

Exhaling steadily through her lips, she composed herself. She struggled momentarily from the outfit she had been given to wear that night; it had been too tight, and she was unused - or so she thought - to having to wear anything to concealing. Soon it was a crumpled mess on the floor, merging in with the other things Gemma had discarded.

She crawled achingly into her bed; the blankets were cold, reminding her that the small child, which she had been informed was hers, was still with the Nanny her friend had reccommended.

Her hands wrapped themselves around a pillow and dragged it firmly over her head. She didn't want to think about the child, this... "Torin". She could not remember him, not even slightly. She was a stranger to the child she supposedly conceived, carried, and cast out into this world she also did not know.

Vague noises of activity filtered through the curtains from outside and, exhausted, Gemma began to relax into her too-cold bed. She decided it were best if she slept off even a little of the rum she'd guzzled; if only so that she could tolerate waking in a few hours.

It didn't take long for sleep to find her, and she drifted into a dreamless realm knowing that, all too soon, she would have to wake and face the world again.

((Piccy isn't mine, but I found it and I thought that it went perfectly with how I imagined Gem at the moment. All credits go to Alex Cockburn - you can find the artist on deviantart and furaffinity!))

Last edited by Super_Gem; 10-24-2010 at 01:12 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: