Skotos Forums  

Go Back   Skotos Forums > Our Games > The Eternal City > The Eternal City Game World

Old 05-28-2005, 08:14 AM
Doesnt type good w STress

Send a message via MSN to xiaozh
For the Killer in All of Us

Been in TEC long enough now to know where I stand a chance and where I would get my butt kicked, but there are a few places that I have not yet dared to go.
Could anyone give me a list, in the order of difficulty, which places are good for killing and what kind of loot each place provides?
Old 05-28-2005, 08:22 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Attica Send a message via MSN to Attica Send a message via Skype™ to Attica
http://www.eternal-city.com/player_sites/vino/

Click on: hunting.

Note: Rats and hounds no longer have gems in their stomachs.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:44 AM
TEC'S Bastard Child

Send a message via AIM to Tempest
One year of decent training, you ll be able to hunt anywhere in the game. Archers alot less than that. Need more big battle zones.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:36 PM

That was a bit excessive don't you think?

As for the topic at hand, try out the sea caves below the sewers. Or even serpents in the Caves north of the boulder.

If your risky you can try killing a Carrion Snake or (Do the birds still exist? I don't think they do or I would suggest that) go fight other players in a blood/death match.

Or if you are really crazy try fighting the PG lol.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:07 PM

Urek still believes that stabbing turtles with his kitchen knife will make him a ninja.

Iridine's finest gladiator stable:
http://xfuj.com/tec/cl/
Old 05-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Urbicidal Dendrolator

Send a message via AIM to Miriam Send a message via MSN to Miriam
The original post wasn't about "where can I train for max sp."

It was "where can I kill things for loot."

If you can skin, or have a skinner friend, you can wander all over the gameworld and encounter animals with valuable pelts etc.

The Scourge of the Pungopiscors has spoken.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:09 PM
Registered Trademark

Quote:
Originally posted by Urek22
That was the condensed version, actually.

The problem with listing places to hunt is hunting critters would be almost pointless when you can wake up, go to Leda's and get way more SP than you could ever get from a hunting area, - even if it's more dangerous - by hitting a person and not leaving a mark.

When everything was tweaked, you started doing more damage to things like rats and pod beetles as your ranks increased.

Why would someone walk to a hunting ground, chase down a critter, ko it in two hits and repeat the process? Then waste the rest of their fatigue trying to kill it.... unless they use a gladius.

The answer is they don't, so a thread like this is pointless. I guess that would be excess in itself.
--

Was a great idea, but sometimes things should be thought out before they're implemented into something.
This is a post asking where it's fun/exciting/interesting etc to hunt, not a post asking where to go to get max sp.

You know, the system really hasn't changed that much.

Before, some people spent 24/7 hitting a pod beetle or a rat. Now they hit another char 24/7.
*shrugs* No big change there.

The reason why you'd go to a more exciting/difficult hunting ground was never to get as much sp as possible, simply because it was too risky to train.
It has always been to make things more interesting, to get loot, to have a challenge.. Has this changed now?

Old 05-28-2005, 08:42 PM
The Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pila Send a message via Yahoo to Pila
Quote:
Originally posted by Roxanna
The reason why you'd go to a more exciting/difficult hunting ground was never to get as much sp as possible, simply because it was too risky to train.
It has always been to make things more interesting, to get loot, to have a challenge.. Has this changed now?
Just because it hasn't been, doesn't mean it shouldn't be.

Old city is still good for loot, catacombs also if you can take sloani quickly..hitting the baths up there between trips.

That's basicly it, for loot, until you get alot better. There's dozens of places you can get hurt though, if you want.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:19 AM

You can still make half decent coin in the alleys if you take the time to loot.

Also:
Monlon Mines
Burnt Villa
Misty Vale
Bandit Woods
Bandit complex

None of those are terribly difficult if you take a group.

Iridine's finest gladiator stable:
http://xfuj.com/tec/cl/
Old 05-29-2005, 04:32 AM
Cream Corn!

Send a message via AIM to Kerpel
Bring back the battlefields or ravines in some way. That would solve the probloms for people wanting more of a challenge and just spicing things up a bit more. It would also open up all of monlons wasted potential, it would give people other than tailors and the occasional sloani hunter a reason to actually go to monlon.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pila
Just because it hasn't been, doesn't mean it shouldn't be.

Old city is still good for loot, catacombs also if you can take sloani quickly..hitting the baths up there between trips.

That's basicly it, for loot, until you get alot better. There's dozens of places you can get hurt though, if you want.
Or you could just do what this guy did and abuse game mechanics, making yourself filthy rich.
Kill them all, and you are a god. " -Jean Rostand-

"The great nations have always acted like gangsters, and the small nations like
prostitutes. " -Stanley Kubrick-

Old 05-29-2005, 05:49 AM
Bad Dancer

If you mean hunting the Catacombs or Mines then resting in the Blessed Bath water there, that's no more abusing Mechanics than resting in a Room, Baths or a Flop-house is.

They were made that way for a reason, they cost enough to use and Monlon is the Holy City, so naturally the waters there would have more healing and fatigue-giving properties.

Also, the Mine's are pretty shite for making money since the removal of Gems...and even in the Catacombs you can't make yourself filthhy rich from 'abuse' as you put it simple 'cos nobody wants to spend their lives there...gone are the days when people would camp out in the Mines making Talents upon Talents.

Unless I'm missing something, o' course...

Jubey
Old 05-29-2005, 07:46 AM
Iridine's Hero

Send a message via AIM to Marnevel
Quote:
Originally posted by Jubey
If you mean hunting the Catacombs or Mines then resting in the Blessed Bath water there, that's no more abusing Mechanics than resting in a Room, Baths or a Flop-house is.

They were made that way for a reason, they cost enough to use and Monlon is the Holy City, so naturally the waters there would have more healing and fatigue-giving properties.

Also, the Mine's are pretty shite for making money since the removal of Gems...and even in the Catacombs you can't make yourself filthhy rich from 'abuse' as you put it simple 'cos nobody wants to spend their lives there...gone are the days when people would camp out in the Mines making Talents upon Talents.

Unless I'm missing something, o' course...

Jubey
Uh, that isn't what he did at all. Where do you get this from?
Old 05-29-2005, 08:04 AM
Bad Dancer

Was replying to the post before mine Marn, not the topic of this thread...my bad...

Quote:
Or you could just do what this guy did and abuse game mechanics, making yourself filthy rich.
Sounded like he was referring to Pila's suggestion of usin' the Catacombs or Mines, then resting in the Baths in Monlon for quick fatigue gain as bein' Mechanic abusive.

Unless I'm mistaken o' course...

I could be just a lil' on the sceptical side from recent RL activities, my bad if I am....

Jubey
Old 05-29-2005, 08:21 AM
Bad Dancer

But yeah, on the subject of this thread:

For area difficulty;

Island, Sewers, Pits, Dumps, Old City, Alleys, Burnt Villa Caves/Deep Sewers/Spider Caverns/Mines, Forest Bandits, Catacombs, Swamp Bandits, Vale, Coastals, Sands, Treehouse.

I'm missin' a few places, but they're the main used area's.

As far as earnin' goes;

Old City - Scales off Snakes and Diabolus Ardentis aswell as the Diabolus' tails go for good coin.

People used to skin pelts off Rats from the Dumps etc when Gems stopped being found, don't really see to much anymore. But a good source for Skinning training.

Bandits - Chests contain little coin, but also a few Gem's that can be sold at Mondan's. Need Locksmithing skills or hire Lockies to do the job, as you get Jammed ones and hard ones to unlock.

Sands - Daggers off Rogues are usually the main source of income from people hunting there these days, though you get the odd few who go up there purely to gather the Armor and take it off to sell. Money is mone afterall.

Usually money making comes from either skinning Scales and the likes to just gathering what you can from kills, and seeing what's of worth. People earn money in varied ways, skinning pelts from Eruofera's, gathering Tin Daggers aswell as the little coin from Alley dwellers...the list goes on.

Sometimes the biggest haules aint always the most efficient one for you, or your character.
Give 'em a try and see what ones you prefer.

Hope it helps any.

Jubey

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: